September 2016 Moms
Options

single mom pregnancy announcement?

Okay ladies....now that my ex's family knows & all my close friends & family know....I want to announce publicly!

Partially so I can stop getting the "why aren't you drinking?" or all these silly boys that think they can pick me up at the bar.(my friends need a DD, I can't drink but still want to have fun...double win!) or having to make up some lame excuse why I won't test ride a horse for someone.
The other part of me just wants to brag about my cute little baby!

The baby we lost last year had a BEAUTIFUL announcement with my horse all decorated & a sign that said "my new cowgirl/cowboy is due March 28 2016!" Obviously I don't want to do the same announcement but I want this baby to know he/she is as special as my angel baby even though the father & I arent together. 

And not everyone realizes that the father & I broke up (due to him being a cheating lying jerk) so I'm also sick of hearing "did you and yoyr bf move into your house yet?" 

So I need a beautiful yet lowkey way to publicly announce and a tactful way to keep people from assuming ex & I are still together.... o:)

Re: single mom pregnancy announcement?

• Options
    Perhaps something along the lines of "even though he or she will be raised in two homes, they will know nothing but love?"  Or "the only person I need in my life arrives ...."  Or I am so excited to announce the impending arrival of baby strappinarrow! Kudos to their sperm donor for giving me the best gift ever? (OK, kidding on the last one :) )
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Didn't want to read and run, I totally love PP idea! 
  • Options
    I was going to say the same as @AnnaS930.  While I understand your wanting to clarify for everyone that you and your ex are no longer together, why should that overshadow your amazing news!?  If there's a way to announce them separately, I'd certainly try to do so.  Good luck - and have fun with it!  Someday you'll look back and think fondly of how you announced your pregnancy, meanwhile how you announced your break-up will be a tiny blip on the radar of your life.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A friend of mine just said something in her post about asking for love and support as she embarked on her journey as a single mother.

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Options
    I really think you should announce the baby news only and the breakup news (if you want to announce those) later and separately. I think people can be so mean-spirited that all they will see is "oooohh, strappinarrow and jerkoff broke up!" Instead of simply being happy for the baby. You did an amazingly brave thing leaving that guy and now it's time for you and your beautiful child to embark on this journey together. I love that you embrace the fact that you're a single mom as it is one of the most beautiful things we have in society. Single mothers are strong, resilient, courageous and incredibly loving, don't let other ignorant people only see a good gossip instead of your little miracle. That's just me!

There are TONS of adorable pregnancy announcements on Pinterest! Even after we already told everyone, I always browse through them because they're so cute. When you decide what to do, come back and show us here! I love the idea of including your horse again, too, this time it will be a happy ending! 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I agree with others - I don't think you need a break up statement in the announcement. A good friend is in the same boat, and after the 4th or 5th instagram photo of her looking pregnant or shopping or whatever and no mention of her BF, everyone pretty much assumed they were not together.
  • Options
    I agree with PP. Announce the baby and then the break up (if necessary). 
  • Options
    Thank you for all of the good ideas! As far as the break up ill probably just put at the end "thank you for all the love & support from my friends and family as I begin this journey"
  • Options
    Hah! @diagonalley you're good at coming up with creative, fun announcement ideas! 
  • Options
    @AlwaysAuntNeverMom I  always love to read your input! 
  • Options
    The pictures came out cute! Icant figure out how to upload them to here! It was a picture of my dog and the baby boots on the tailgate of my truck!