April 2016 Moms

BFM 3/7

I couldn't wait any longer
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: BFM 3/7

• Loading the player...
  • 1) my dog. He decided last night he was going to jump the fence and run off. We've known he could jump (high!!!) for awhile now but he stayed happily in his yard. It's a temporary fence while we have the new one built, so not super high, and now it's useless. We're back to walking him all the freaking time which is crazy annoying after being able to just open the sliding door. 2) My body! I'm just not getting all that fun super watery discharge that everyone's been talking about, and it makes me think my water is leaking every time I stand up. AND I lost a ton of mucus this morning. It's so hard to not get my hopes up, when I know the chance of me going into labor around 37 weeks is basically zero.

3 miscarriages - 1 DS (6) - 1 DD (3)  - #3 due March 30!

• CCLow87 said:
    1) my dog. He decided last night he was going to jump the fence and run off. We've known he could jump (high!!!) for awhile now but he stayed happily in his yard. It's a temporary fence while we have the new one built, so not super high, and now it's useless. We're back to walking him all the freaking time which is crazy annoying after being able to just open the sliding door. 2) My body! I'm just not getting all that fun super watery discharge that everyone's been talking about, and it makes me think my water is leaking every time I stand up. AND I lost a ton of mucus this morning. It's so hard to not get my hopes up, when I know the chance of me going into labor around 37 weeks is basically zero.
    I have had snot like discharge around the clock for a couple weeks now. I guess I could BFM about toilet paper and how ineffective it is for wiping that away >.> 
  • I hosted my friend's baby shower on Saturday and it went AMAZINGLY. Even though I'm 6 weeks ahead of her in EDD, I was running around like a crazy person making sure everything went perfectly. I remembered to eat when we ate the food, but when the guests had all gone and during clean up I was hungry again. I hosted it at another of her friend's house, so the guest of honor, her mom, MIL, best friend, homeowner, and the homeowners husband were all there helping with clean up. I was talking to my friend, sorting out what of the leftover food she wanted to take home, I told her to take all or as much as she wanted. She told me to take the rest of the sausage egg casserole because I had loved it so much (it was so SO good, I did a great job on that one haha). The majority of the food I sent with her, we wrapped it up.

Here comes my BFM...so I'm standing there, with the large casserole dish of sausage casserole, which had about two servings left in it, and I took the serving spoon and took a bite of it and joked to the people standing there "This is a true picture of a pregnant lady!" and laughed. My friend's MIL was standing there, sees the whole thing...she proceeds to take the serving dish RIGHT OUT OF MY HAND, with the serving spoon I had just eaten off of, proclaims she's going to make a plate for her son who was coming to help load the stuff in the car, and using the SPOON I ATE OFF OF she dumps the ENTIRE CONTENTS THAT I HAD BEEN EATING on the plate. Like...seriously woman? Do NOT take food from a pregnant lady! Or ANY person for that matter! This was Saturday...and I'm still livid!!!
    This totally made me laugh. How rude! And unhygienic to boot...SMH 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My body. Woke up at midnight because my legs were aching so I elevated them (I could see all the veins in my feet). Started feeling nauseous an hour later. Tried throwing up but got only burps. So I sat up and ate something to help. 20 mins later I'm praying to the porcelain gods. My whole body is aching, feeling like I'll be getting some unwanted bowel movement, feeling cold and to top it off some contractions. Stomach bug? TDap side effect (got it yesterday l)? Labor? Idk just needs to stop! My whole belly aches from the vomitting. Baby is moving around. 
  • My tenants.  We are supposed to be done with them and are waiting for DH to come home before we send them their deposit.

On Saturday they sent us a nasty letter stating they intend to sue for the full amount of the security deposit and then some.  They took shots at the house saying they did not receive it in the best condition and because they did souch in repairs they should be entitled to the full deposit. They also took shots at DHs craftsmanship.  You fools.  First of all you signed the lease and the document that the house was in good condition.  Also you totally jumped the gun.  You have to wait until you get the final receipt before you can sue.  So whoever is your lawyer is taking your money because you don't have a leg to stand on until we return your receipt.  And guess what we plan on giving most of it back.

To add insult the husband showed up at the house this am and wanted to know when they could expect a response and their check.  I am pretty sure they are trying to stall the process of getting the house on the market.  But seriously how stupid can they be?  Just go away.
  • Have to add that I just found out that DD1 has an ear infection. Time to break the culturell back out. I would really love one week where no one is sick or injured. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My tenants.  We are supposed to be done with them and are waiting for DH to come home before we send them their deposit.

On Saturday they sent us a nasty letter stating they intend to sue for the full amount of the security deposit and then some.  They took shots at the house saying they did not receive it in the best condition and because they did souch in repairs they should be entitled to the full deposit. They also took shots at DHs craftsmanship.  You fools.  First of all you signed the lease and the document that the house was in good condition.  Also you totally jumped the gun.  You have to wait until you get the final receipt before you can sue.  So whoever is your lawyer is taking your money because you don't have a leg to stand on until we return your receipt.  And guess what we plan on giving most of it back.

To add insult the husband showed up at the house this am and wanted to know when they could expect a response and their check.  I am pretty sure they are trying to stall the process of getting the house on the market.  But seriously how stupid can they be?  Just go away.
    If they don't have very specific photos of any damages done before they moved in, they have no case. Even then, it's questionable. The law is NOT on the tenants side unless the landlord has done something really horrendous. 
  • @AmadorRose they definitely do not have a case.  And I would doubt they have photos from when they first moved in as he had to come back just to take pictures from the damage list.  I am not worried just frustrated with them and their stupidity.

If they don't have very specific photos of any damages done before they moved in, they have no case. Even then, it's questionable. The law is NOT on the tenants side unless the landlord has done something really horrendous. 
    Good grief. And after it took them forever to get out of the house? I'm pretty sure a judge would just laugh at them, so they're probably gonna be pissed that they wasted money on a lawyer. It would be great if you got a call from a future landlord to get a reference...
  • Skcobb said:
    My tenants.  We are supposed to be done with them and are waiting for DH to come home before we send them their deposit.

Good grief. And after it took them forever to get out of the house? I'm pretty sure a judge would just laugh at them, so they're probably gonna be pissed that they wasted money on a lawyer. It would be great if you got a call from a future landlord to get a reference...
    These people are flat out nuts!!
  • I really did try to start this day off right.  It's not even noon and this day can already go to hell.  So, here's to BFM...

1. It snowed.  2. My H has not talked to me since last Monday when he got mad at me for that stupid "11 year old girls can't swim with boys" argument. 3. My 11 year old woke up in a pissy mood and is blaming me for everything, and I don't even know what she's talking about. 4. My mother called me, and I have avoided her for the last 3 weeks so I did finally answer the phone.  She then proceeded to rave to me for 15 minutes about my younger sister who is 9 weeks pregnant with twins.  Twins this and twins that and blah blah blah. And, if that's not bad enough, my mother still has not said anything about my pregnancy to me. No congratulations, nothing. She can spend 15 minutes talking to me about my sister and her twins, but can't bother to show a single shred of excitement for me. Another reason I didn't want to tell anyone about baby.  5. My 2 year old refused to eat her oatmeal because there were bubbles in it. Oh the horror.  Can the day be over now?  I mean, it wouldn't look that bad if I just…went back to bed, right?  

• Skcobb said:
    My tenants.  We are supposed to be done with them and are waiting for DH to come home before we send them their deposit.

I would love it if I did!!  However they bought a house already so doubtful. I am kind of hoping we get calls from a collector or someone like that because their spending is stupid crazy and I am actually surprised they haven't filed for bankruptcy yet. 
  • GTFO stomach bug. DS had is Saturday, threw up twice and has had horrendous poop. I catch it Sunday, to the max. Barely can keep a Popsicle down and soup makes me run to the bathroom. 

The worst part? DH caught it and "he feels so awful." He hasn't thrown up at all. I don't want to belittle his pain but STFU. I've got it coming out both ends, am carrying your child, am worried about becoming dehydrated, and still took care of DS. 
  • linzoirvlinzoirv member
    edited March 2016

These assholes at my OB's office apparently gave me the wrong jug for my 24 hour urine pre-eclampsia screening. I was given the jug on Thursday and pissed in it all day Sunday. I didn't find out that it was the wrong jug until this morning when I attempted to drop it off at Quest before work. Now, I have to do this shit all over again. Apparently, the jug that the OB's office gave me had a sponge at the bottom, which is not what I was supposed to get. The Quest lady gave me the correct jug and a little "pan" for the toilet and told me that I will need to come back once the test has been completed correctly.

After leaving Quest, I sped over to the OB's office. I knew a phone call wouldn't suffice. I was furious. I basically cursed at the front desk girl and demanded to see the lady who gave me the wrong jug. She apologized and blamed it on the reps that sent over the supplies. THEN, she tells me, "Honey, you're going to have to take the test today then." WTF do you mean?!? I go to work in less than 30 minutes. I barely have time to put my feet up or take a bathroom break and you want me to refrigerate my urine at my damn job....the job that I am just returning to after being on bed rest for 9 days? HELL TO THE NO.

So, she's like, "We have to do it tomorrow then. I'll write you a note so that you can miss work to do the test." Now, I have to take another goddamn day off of work to do some shit that could've been avoided had I been given the correct information and supplies.

I've mentioned it before on our board but I am VERY, VERY SLIM on my sick leave. I am devastated that I have to keep dipping into my time, but I understand that some things are just out of my control. I'm trying to stay as calm as possible for LO and I but I can't understand how people can be so stupid.

Also, as stated on the weekend ticker change, my OB is out of the office until further notice due to getting injured on a boat while on his 3-week vacation. I was seriously considering just sticking with this practice until I deliver....but TO HELL WITH ALL OF THEM. This isn't the first time they have made me stress of their stupidity and "clerical errors."

• Just found out that the same coworker who called me fat on Saturday is lucky he won't be getting discharged after stealing controlled medications while in the field and falling asleep on a guard shift. Stupid, stupid, stupid. How TF do you expect to work in healthcare when your ethical compass is all sorts of fucked up? And how could you betray the trust of the PA and your coworkers like that? I seriously will never understand the way some people's brains work. 
  • GTFO stomach bug. DS had is Saturday, threw up twice and has had horrendous poop. I catch it Sunday, to the max. Barely can keep a Popsicle down and soup makes me run to the bathroom. 

The worst part? DH caught it and "he feels so awful." He hasn't thrown up at all. I don't want to belittle his pain but STFU. I've got it coming out both ends, am carrying your child, am worried about becoming dehydrated, and still took care of DS. 
    I'm going through almost the same if it helps. Started with my 7 year old in the middle of the night last Thursday. By Saturday DH, our 2 year old and I came down with it. Spent most of Saturday and Sunday with our 2 year old laying/sitting on me with both of us throwing up. Now we're all fighting diarrhea. It's been a nightmare! 

I ended up calling ob for some zofran because I couldn't stop vomiting long after everone else. You may want to try that if you still are. Feel better soon.
  • To my body
    Today I am having lots of bh, low pressure, and cramping. I'm 36+1 with baby 3. I need things to calm down and baby stay put. This is literally the weekend everyone who can my two littles for labor are out of state. 
  • I'm sitting in class with 11 year olds and the program they are doing is 100% idiot proof.  It's a step by step tutorial with both words AND pictures and they cannot freaking figure it out.  I want to bounce my head off of my desk.  Hard.
  • Two today:

1. Yesterday was my birthday, and we usually do a big thing (last year we did a Pacific Rim [the movie, not the region] theme and have about 60 people from five states and four countries show up) but this year because we just had a big baby shower and I'm super uncomfortable we didn't do a party. I guess my husband decided that meant we weren't doing ANYTHING, no presents, no cake, no candles :( And I'm an adult, I know, and it's not that big of a deal, but I love birthdays and I at least would have appreciated a card. I kept thinking he was going to surprise me with something at some point, but nope. I feel like a brat but I'm still annoyed.

2. The on-call doctor I saw last weekend, who put me on bedrest, told me then that I could get my cervix checked today and they'd let me go back to work tomorrow if things looked nice and plugged. But the doctor I saw today acted like that was CRAZY TALK and said she didn't even want to risk checking my cervix, and extended my bedrest a week :(

(And my x-box just froze and lost like an hour of Skyrim, but in the greater scheme of things that's not that big of a deal)
  • My kids- In addition to getting almost no sleep for the month+ due to the ever constant need to pee, sneak attack leg cramps, sickness/cold, and general insomnia, my older kids have decided now is a great time to wake up in the middle of the night and beg to sleep in mom and dad's bed. One kid on occasion is sort of manageable. Two kids is just plain no fun to deal with. And of course the husband just sleeps through or ignores it. Grrr. 

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Two today:

1. Yesterday was my birthday, and we usually do a big thing (last year we did a Pacific Rim [the movie, not the region] theme and have about 60 people from five states and four countries show up) but this year because we just had a big baby shower and I'm super uncomfortable we didn't do a party. I guess my husband decided that meant we weren't doing ANYTHING, no presents, no cake, no candles :( And I'm an adult, I know, and it's not that big of a deal, but I love birthdays and I at least would have appreciated a card. I kept thinking he was going to surprise me with something at some point, but nope. I feel like a brat but I'm still annoyed.

2. The on-call doctor I saw last weekend, who put me on bedrest, told me then that I could get my cervix checked today and they'd let me go back to work tomorrow if things looked nice and plugged. But the doctor I saw today acted like that was CRAZY TALK and said she didn't even want to risk checking my cervix, and extended my bedrest a week :(

(And my x-box just froze and lost like an hour of Skyrim, but in the greater scheme of things that's not that big of a deal)
    I would cry, regardless of the fact that I'm an adult, if my husband didn't do ANYTHING for my birthday. *creepy internet hugs* and happy late birthday!

Also, I was playing Dragon Age this weekend and my x box froze in the middle of a save. So of course, I lost a ton of stuff since it just shut down. Sometimes technology sucks.

• (And my x-box just froze and lost like an hour of Skyrim, but in the greater scheme of things that's not that big of a deal)
    I'm so sorry about the other BS you had to deal with, but this one hit me the hardest. I feel your pain, sister!!! 

If it happens again, check your save settings. Turn off all the auto saves, it helps stop the freezing. No, I'm not a super nerd, I just got really frickin' sick and tired of Skyrim freezing up on me all the time.  ;)

Pregnancy Ticker

• (And my x-box just froze and lost like an hour of Skyrim, but in the greater scheme of things that's not that big of a deal)
    I'm so sorry about the other BS you had to deal with, but this one hit me the hardest. I feel your pain, sister!!! 

If it happens again, check your save settings. Turn off all the auto saves, it helps stop the freezing. No, I'm not a super nerd, I just got really frickin' sick and tired of Skyrim freezing up on me all the time.  ;)
    I quit playing it because I was doing the civil war missions and it keeps freezing between the intro of the first war quest and the gates of whiterun. I can't progress any further than that, and I've done EVERY other mission in the game at this point >.> viva la assassin's guild!
  • @klingonpixie Losing an hour of Skyrim is a pretty big deal! I hate when games freeze!!!
  • BFM for my annoying landlords that are just crazy people. They bought this really shitty house and didn't bother to fix hardly anything before renting it out to us. I'm pretty sure this place should be condemned and I sure hope the giant Pacific Northwest earthquake doesn't happen while I am still living here because this place is probably going to cave in. We have been telling him about the fence in the back yard falling down since some time in December and he keeps not doing anything about it. Every time there is a windy day it falls down a little more and now it's to the point where I'm not sure how it's not completely fallen over. The toilet, which we also told him about and he has done nothing to fix, also keeps having condensation like crazy so the bathroom floor around it is constantly really wet so we have to keep a towel on the floor to soak up all the gross water to keep the floor from rotting. And when these landlords actually fix problems, they always do it themselves by learning shit from youtube videos, so it takes them like 10 times longer than it would take a professional, plus we get the annoying experience of having them bothering us on a weekend.
  • I really did try to start this day off right.  It's not even noon and this day can already go to hell.  So, here's to BFM...

1. It snowed.  2. My H has not talked to me since last Monday when he got mad at me for that stupid "11 year old girls can't swim with boys" argument. 3. My 11 year old woke up in a pissy mood and is blaming me for everything, and I don't even know what she's talking about. 4. My mother called me, and I have avoided her for the last 3 weeks so I did finally answer the phone.  She then proceeded to rave to me for 15 minutes about my younger sister who is 9 weeks pregnant with twins.  Twins this and twins that and blah blah blah. And, if that's not bad enough, my mother still has not said anything about my pregnancy to me. No congratulations, nothing. She can spend 15 minutes talking to me about my sister and her twins, but can't bother to show a single shred of excitement for me. Another reason I didn't want to tell anyone about baby.  5. My 2 year old refused to eat her oatmeal because there were bubbles in it. Oh the horror.  Can the day be over now?  I mean, it wouldn't look that bad if I just…went back to bed, right?  

Is this the sister that said "I know when to stop" when your mom posted your pregnancy on Facebook or is this a different sister?

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• My boobs are like so big at this point. I just can't even deal. My DD sized bras are barely covering anything. I mean, they will go back a little bit when breastfeeding starts, right? RIGHT? Although fiancé has been enjoying this part of pregnancy, I'm starting to hit that point where they look grotesque vs amazingly naturally huge. Not that he would EVER admit that lol.

As a funny side note, I just noticed this last night, and had a dream that I smothered my LO while breastfeeding because they wouldn't stop growing. Wtf subconscious. Just wtf.
    I had to buy 38Es over the weekend and almost cried when my best friend told me "they're gonna get a little bigger before they get back to normal."
  • This is one is basically just because today has been so much balls to the walls that I just now have been able to Bump.  And I missed it all day.  Nevermind that I should be doing other things during the day when I would normally be scrolling through, but how dare my work day get in the way?! UGH!
    Also....I wish my spine wasn't so crooked.  It's really making this pregnancy painful.  By 3 every day, I am in pain and nothing short of a heating pad will relieve it.  Stupid crooked spine and extra pressure pulling me every which way.

imageimage
  • My boobs are like so big at this point. I just can't even deal. My DD sized bras are barely covering anything. I mean, they will go back a little bit when breastfeeding starts, right? RIGHT? Although fiancé has been enjoying this part of pregnancy, I'm starting to hit that point where they look grotesque vs amazingly naturally huge. Not that he would EVER admit that lol.

As a funny side note, I just noticed this last night, and had a dream that I smothered my LO while breastfeeding because they wouldn't stop growing. Wtf subconscious. Just wtf.
    I had to buy 38Es over the weekend and almost cried when my best friend told me "they're gonna get a little bigger before they get back to normal."
    Yeah I pretty much am skipping bras until LO is a couple months old. Then I'm getting a new "support arsenal" Can't wait to find a new store to get sized from since Vic's is NOT gonna be my go to anymore. 

Yeah I pretty much am skipping bras until LO is a couple months old. Then I'm getting a new "support arsenal" Can't wait to find a new store to get sized from since Vic's is NOT gonna be my go to anymore. 
    ...32H...

I was a 32DD pre-pregnancy. One of the bras that I'm wearing is an H/I. 

With DS, my chest went down a cup size after my milk settled in. They also shrank down throughout the entire time I was exclusively pumping. I went from a 32G to a 32F before drying up. 

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• My BFM has to do with my SIL. I had my sprinkle/ shower yesterday. She didn't come. No real reason why not. She's a recovering addict. Has 2+ years clean and sober. She's been doing better. At family functions, holidays, etc. She talks about family being important and wanting to mend those relationships. She's 14 months younger than DH and she talks about wanting to be close again, yada yada. Yet she decided to skip the baby shower. My MIL wasn't happy but cosigns SIL's crap. DH even let MIL and SIL borrow his truck the day before to move SIL. He got no thank you from her. He even paid for her sober living when she first got sober. DH and I know how she is and this shouldn't surprise us. He feels like it's her loss and we don't need the drama in our lives. When I got home, my BIL was over helping DH and he couldn't believe she missed it. Family is important to him and he felt like her only excuse should have been if she were in the hospital. Guess it bugs me more than I thought. 
  • @fbanke42 It's a different sister.  I have a ton of them, so it gets confusing.  
  • @AGK2015 I went from a 32A to a 38B. I feel you, but I'm still a touch jealous of anyone with real boobs.