TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL check-in week of 3/7

Welcome to TTCAL! This check in is a great thread for you to jump in and introduce yourself.

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new)

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.)

3. Rants/raves:

4. GTKY: how have you and SO/DH been doing since starting to TTCAL? Do you feel like you are on the same page? Has it brought you closer or are things sometimes difficult?
me 30; DH 35
TTC since May 2014.
Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
Short LP (8 days).
Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

Re: TTCAL check-in week of 3/7

• Options
    2. TWW 7DPO

3. I want to wait to test until this weekend which will be after AF is due. So far I haven't gone BSC yet. I'm actually pretty calm. But then I start thinking, the last time I was pregnant i was very calm and relaxed. That's not my typical personality so I think the hormones did it. So anyways that's making me start to go BSC.

4. DH and I just had a conversation the other day. He talked about how he really wants a kid and he is sad and disappointed every time I get BFNs. I think the mc made us stronger and made him realize how much he wants a kid now.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    2. TWW first cycle actually trying after loss. 9 DPO.

3. I don't know why I have no self control this cycle, but I tested at 7 DPO and again this morning. Botb BFNs of course. I am on progesterone suppositories and my doctor said to test at 14 DPO and if it was a BFN to stop the suppositories. So I'll see what happens Saturday. We had amazing timing but I'm still not expecting a BFP.

4. We have been all over the board. DH deals very differently than I do and that has been hard. But I think we are finally on the same page with our plan to TTC naturally for 3 cycles and then start IF testing, so that feels good. Someone shared this blog post in a private group that I'm a part of, and I read it out loud to DH last Friday - we both laughed a fair amount because of how much it was true! The blog is about IF but it totally rings true for loss as well.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    2. Status: TWW, 8DPO. Trying really hard to relax about it, but definitely starting to symptom spot. I actually have no pregnancy tests in the house and I am going to try to not buy any until this weekend.

3. Rants/raves: My stupid car is in the shop and I am stressed about that. Also stressed about work this week, for reasons I can't really pinpoint.

4. GTKY:
    This whole thing has definitely brought us closer. He has been incredibly understanding through my ups and downs and conflicting feelings about TTC. But he's game for whatever I am up for.
  • Options
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) WTO and and getting to that time to start doing daily OPK testing etc. 

3. Rants/raves: I am deactivating Facebook today. It's been making me feel terrible about my life that last few weeks and I need it to go. So that's on my to do list. I see people I know from my past with kids and do mental calculations about how old they were when they had them, what I was doing then, and proceed to admonish my life's choices/waiting to TTC. I need to live with some more gratitude and in the moment and Facebook just doesn't allow me to do that. I've been happier without it in the past, and was actually off of it until the birth of #1 so hopefully it will have a positive impact on my brain.

Other than that, my body seems to be regulating more and more. I'm sleeping better than I have in months and my body has been craving sleep now that it's actually getting some real rest. It's been nice to feel like I'm actually getting into a deep sleep again. So that's a victory!

4. GTKY: how have you and SO/DH been doing since starting to TTCAL? Do you feel like you are on the same page? Has it brought you closer or are things sometimes difficult?
    We have been doing OK. I think we kind of trade off on being hopeful, grieving etc. My husband would probably be OK with our one and I am determined for another so that has made for some discussions. He is on board, but also doesn't share my same urgency which I feel has been ramped up to a whole new level with the loss. The tone of TTC is similar to when we struggled to conceive before, which is sad to me. I always pictured TTC being this fun, spontaneous experience and instead it's been challenging and emotional which makes me pretty sad.
  • Options
    2. Hi all, WTO, my FW starts today! We BDed this whole weekend. More for fun than for trying hehe. I needed it.

3. My rant was posted as a new discussion so don't want to repost (hard weekend, but lots of BD made me feel better). It's a new cycle so I am staying positive!

4. DH was great through both losses. Definitely brought us together. Lately however, I don't think he understand why I still have breakdowns. I think he has moved on quicker than me. Hopefully, we are in sync soon. 

@BornReady - YES staying out of Facebook is a great decision. I am limiting it too. Remember that people post the best news in their lives, rarely do people post sad or negative things about themselves, so it is an unrealistic perspective of people's lives. 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited March 2016
    ETA chart

@BornReady I'm sorry FB is leading to so much comparing and is getting you down. I've found that if I'm on there beyond 10min each morning and night to *just check notifications or messages* I start getting down UNLESS I'm just popping in really quick to post something myself or upload a photo. Mindlessly scrolling leads to unhappiness because you are truly only getting everyone's highlight reel. I try to keep busy making my own and it saves my sanity a bit. Oh, and definitely never click back to someone's wall, it's a black hole of comparing.

2. TWW, CD27/11DPO, Testing window... Ugh.

3. I'm just going to X-post from the TTGP TWW daily checkin because it's pretty thorough.

So yesterday I had a total Wondfo squinter. The other women from my 2010 mom group all saw it. Guys, it freaking GLOWED on invert. Yep. I went *that* BSC. Tried a CBE advanced digi yesterday afternoon and got a soul-crushing Not Pregnant. Know what the accuracy is for that one is at AF-3? NINETY PERCENT. So I figure even if I couldn't turn a digi yesterday (my mom's group says it takes about 3 days longer) at least this morning's Wondfo line should be darker. NOPE. Nada, not even a squinter like yesterday. Yet FF identified my chart as triphasic and there's the really obvious 7DPO dip. Care to venture how the stats on FF break down for the 1,000+ charts showing BOTH implantation window dips and triphasic patterns together? 93% pregnancy, 3% Ovulatory, and 2% Miscarriage. Yup. To top it off I have watery CM which is a huge sign of impending AF. I'm due to start Wednesday. FUCK.THIS.CYCLE.

4. Initially, after the loss and in hindsight, H admits he was really terrified I could have died and left him with 3 kids to raise solo. I had a Class III hemorrhage with my loss. We're still trying to wrap our heads around it, but once he was able to talk about his fear, months later, we were able to work it out. There are a dozen hospitals within an hour's drive from where we live. We just got thrown last time because the ER I made it to in 10 minutes had recently closed the attached hospital (news to me) which relocated 30 minutes away, necessitating ambulatory transfer. Had it happened a day earlier during our Father's Day camping weekend, it would've been 5 times farther to get to a hospital. As for now, he's a little too optimistic it's going to happen every month. Like whispering to my uterus optimistic and it kills me a little. Then I resent him a touch when he isn't as crushed when my period rolls around, though it isn't really fair.
  • Options
    roper2617roper2617 member
    edited March 2016
    2. WTO currently on CD 9. Most non crazy people would be starting OPKs soon but I've been peeing on them all weekend. Haha. In the past I would lay my eggs on CD 12, but I have a feeling it'll be later than that this time. Time will tell. 

2. Rave: I'm feeling really good about this cycle for some reason. I feel my uterus is fresh and cozy and my hormones are on track(no actual BW proof they were out of whack, but common sense dictates they were, says me.) I'm feeling calm and relaxed, not BSC every second of the day. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's hard! 

3. We are doing well. DH is so hopeful and positive. We are not in the same place in our grief journeys, but that's grief for ya. His experience of my pregnancy and my experience of my pregnancy were obviously so different which is why we are in different places. Maintaining open communication about our feelings has been our saviour. Despite being in different places, he's been great. He gets disappointed briefly when AF decides to pop by, but then says something along the lines of "well, try again next month" but in a positive way. So far BDing isn't feeling like a chore yet, I think we're definitely thinking it'll happen sooner this time. Towards the end of our 15 month TTC journey it was definitely a damn chore. Lol. 

@BornReady and @klauerinaking I agree, Facebook has been so much of a struggle for me. I've actually been staying off it during the week and briefly scrolling through on the weekend, helps keep me more sane and happier.  
    @BornReady so glad to hear you're sleeping better, and I hear you on TTC being tough emotionally. I actually said after our MC that I wasn't going to chart, temp, or "try" again because it was so emotionally demanding and draining. I hope that it gets easier and fun for you! I found that we really had to work at making time to "date" each other which helped a bit out last round of TTC. 

@chloe97 I've found that taking a picture of the test gives me a clearer picture of what's going on (helllooooo zoom) and I can give my line eyes a break and look again later without the risk of an evap line developing. But it also just kinda feeds into my crazy. It's a catch 22. FX for a BFP by the end of the week! 

@silentP I hope your vehicle doesn't cost a million dollars (every time mine goes in its guaranteed to be a minimum of $500, and it's a 2010! Grr). I hope you're able to find something this week that helps you de-stress. 

@AL_TwinCities so glad you guys are on the same page about your TTC game plan. When we conceived last time I was 98% sure that I was not pregnant. DH got home (worked away) after I thought I ovulated so I thought we missed the boat. I was so sure I wasn't KUd that I didn't even test until AF was 2 days late (which says something because I'm usually peeing on everything in sight from like 10 DPO). Long story short, you're not out yet! FX! Thanks for the link, I look forward to reading it later :smile: 

@m6auga that made me giggle a bit. Only because I do the same. For example, I'm a teeny tiny bit lactose intolerant, but when I was pregnant I couldn't even handle a small glass of skim milk. A few weeks ago I was experiencing more pains in my tummy than usual and started to go BSC with symptom spotting. In my mind I had to be KUd because why else would I be experiencung issues from lactose. In reality I had a ton of dairy that day. Symptom spotting drives me bananas, yet I do it every damn time. Here's hoping the final lap of your TWW goes fast and painless :smile: 

Edited for spelling 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    Status: WTO, CD6...heading into our 4th cycle of trying since loss #2.

Rant: I have had trouble falling asleep this week, I keep having these bad thoughts related to TTC, pregnancy, jealousy of others, anxiety as I'm lying there and no matter how tired I am, they keep my mind reeling. It's annoying. @BornReady I'm happy to hear you are sleeping good lately...I want to get back there soon!

GTKY: In the beginning, after just a couple months TTC, my spidey senses started tingling and I had a feeling we were in for a difficult journey. I was getting stressed about timing BDing and we just weren't on the same page at all. He thought I was being crazy. Fast forward almost two years and two M/Cs later, he understands that if we don't give it our best shot each month then it's a missed opportunity (that's how we look at it anyways). We are approaching this more like a team then we were in the beginning. I'm glad for it because if I was feeling alienated by DH after two losses, it would contribute to feeling even more like a crazy lady than I already do. At least I can always count on him for "getting it" when no one else in my "flesh" world does.

PS - got rid of Facebook in October and haven't looked back since!!!!!! (....but still use Instagram to get my social media fix. I feel more in control of that one though. FB friends list had just grown into a monster it was no point trying to cut it down; it was all or nothing).
    H and I both 30
    TTC #1 started Aug 2014
    BFP Apr 3 2015
    natural M/C April 20 2015 @ 6w6d
    BFP Nov 18 2015
    natural M/C Nov 23 2015 @ 5w4d.

• Options
    zrainzrain member
    2. I'm not really sure. Possibly TWW 5dpo, or maybe I'm WTO and my temps are high because of flying to the other side of the world. Who knows.

3. Rants/raves: I'm still not sleeping well since our loss. I don't know if it's a coincidence or it's because of what I went through, but it's making temping really frustrating and difficult. On top of that, traveling may have thrown my temps off. I am confused and frustrated right now. On a happy note, Cambodia is an amazing country with wonderful, kind people. Angkor Wat and the other temples blow my mind. 

4. GTKY: We're doing pretty well. We've had some less than exciting TTC sex which we didn't have before. I'm just kind of desperate to be pregnant again, so I'm making things happen even if I don't feel like it. DH doesn't seem to mind, thank goodness. I do feel like we're closer. He's so supportive. Sometimes I randomly burst into tears and he just reaches over and holds my hand or hugs me. Neither of us has to say anything. It's good. 
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• Options
    chloe97chloe97 member
    edited March 2016
    @roper2617 I took a picture and it didn't help. Not seeing any 2nd line even when I zoom or adjust contrast. I did hold the FRER up to the light and I definitely see a line. It's not pink and it could be an evap  line bc it's 2 hrs later, but it is there. Took a CBE digi after my coffee and it of course says not pregnant. The 2nd WONDFO of the day didn't do anything either. I'm certifiably insane. The good news is I may actually 9DPO if I went based on the day my OPK was positive and not the day of o-spotting and day before temp rise. 

ETA Update- opened up the FRER and it was definitely a negative test. Sigh. I'm not feeling too positive about this cycle any more.
  • Options
    1. I haven't been on this board since shortly after my miscarriage. I miscarried in December and TTC for baby #2 since. Little about myself is I am a sahm, mother of a precious 2 year old boy. Love my spouse to pieces. Emotionally drained and becoming a bit too obsessive of TTC. 

2. Currently cycle day 1, the witch has showed her ugly unwelcome face lol 

3. since the miscarriage I have been temping. My last cycle I had a very short luteal phase... ended at 9 dpo. Since then I started taking B6 and vitex. I ovulated earlier and my luteal phase was 13 days long this time so that is a bonus. I am feeling so defeated though, I was really hoping to be pregnant by now. I have friends announcing their pregnancies although I am happy for them, it hurts that all of them weren't even trying and it just happened for them. I was really hoping to have a baby before December but that looks to be out of the question now. I am having a hard time not stressing over ttc and with other things going on personally. I need new tips and tricks on how to not over think and relax more. I believe this might be hindering me conceiving. Also my spouse will soon be taking a new job and will be only home once a week. Which will make ttc that much harder. We discussed and he will try and come home every second night if possible to dtd until after I ovulate lol! Thankfully he will be working 2 hours away so it won't be too bad. 

4. Me and my spouse are about the same. He is more relaxed about ttc than I am. He doesnt really know how much time and effort I put into TTC. Taking vitamins, temping, taking opks checking CM and cervix position etc. He keeps saying it will happen, which drives me bonkers! I was a mess this weekend and was crying off and on knowing AF was going to show. I think he finally realizing how much this is taking a toll on me. He said he wouldn't take that new job so he can stay home, but financially he can't. So thankful he was on board on coming home every second night or so to do his part lol. 

I have been avoiding scrolling through facebook feeds the past few days. Seems like whenever AF shows all I see is pregnancy posts or cute little newborn photos... Its nice being able to come here and having women I can relate with!

• Options

Rants: I had a dream Saturday night that I took a test Sunday, knowing I was only 2ish dpo and it turned positive in a hot minute. I woke up thinking it was real.  :| So my rant is pretty much that I'm a crazy person. 

Rave: Last week I had a hard time falling asleep once I got in to bed. It was my FW and I laid in bed worrying if our timing was right, if it was going to happen, blah blah blah. Between a pre-bed nap on the couch and actual bed, I slept 10 hours last night!! *insert confetti emoji here*

GTKY: DH and I have definitely grown closer since our loss. He understands why this TWW is hard for me and he's very supportive. I also cry randomly and he says it's okay to be sad and comforts me. Also I think the physical act of TTC has brought us closer...last week was the most fun TTC I've had!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    edited March 2016
    2. WTO. CD 6 on my first after the loss. Heavier than usual period, but less painful and doesn't seem to be any longer. Gonna start using OPKs right now, since I have no idea what might happen. Used to ovulate on CD 15 on a 28 day cycle.

3. Damn it, I'm so tired. I sleep really well during my follicular phase (and like shit during the luteal phase) but we really overextended this weekend. I did incredible amounts of cleaning, cooking, baking, walking and entertaining so I'm taking today off from everything. Our housekeeper cancelled so I don't even have to clean up the dishes from our dinner party last night. Everything can wait until tomorrow. Oh, and almost all our seeds have sprouted and we're starting to get really carried away with plans for the garden - but that's better than obsessing over TTC constantly (ask me again during the tww, eh)!

4. We're closer. Rock solid. I felt guilty for being grumpy and sick for so long but DH never wavered. I'm coming back into my old self and it's a relief to be able to interact with him in more meaningful ways. 

@m6agua@AL_TwinCities @chole97 FX!!

@silentP FX and hopefully the car is up and running as it should be quickly. Neither me nor DH drives and it seems stressful to own a car in general (not that public transport is all roses).

@BornReady About 3 years ago I culled everyone I didn't know or talk directly to on Facebook. I still do it regularly and it's made for a much more pleasant experience for me. It's so important to listen to ourselves and check out when it's a pain, so good for you.

@GhanimaAtreides Good luck! And how terrifying. Thank goodness you are safe now.

@roper2617 Hoooooray for peeing on stuff!

@megsbrock I get lots of bad feelings about TTC, but I often immediately jump to the worst possible conclusion due to the worst possible thing happening to me so many times. I'm a really positive person, in general, but those intrusive thoughts can really knock you down. FX this is the cycle.

@zrain I know insomnia and I hope you get some restful sleep soon.

@cheverian87 Hello there, sorry for your loss. As for new things, have you ever considered meditation? It can really help with anxiety and with focusing your mind on things other than the thing you're trying so hard not to think about.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    2. CD14 - WTO - cycle #3 after our loss

3. rant - I usually ovulate around CD18 - including the last cycle - but I've had fertile CM starting around CD11 (like last cycle) - which means we try to BD ED but get burned out by the time that I actually ovulate. This time the CM has remained fertile for a bit longer, so FX it lines up with ovulation this month...

rave - I've been in contact with several people over the past week trying to figure out when my dad moved to Canada - and in the process also when his master's and PhD were conferred. I've had a few people be really helpful - and have managed to figure it out by calling alumni associations, registrars and old family friends. It has been really lovely - but it has made me miss him more than I have in a long while (he passed away from advanced stages of Parkinson's disease in 2012). I know that I had more years with him than were predicted when he was diagnosed - and he saw me get married, complete my master's, and start my PhD - but it saddens me that he won't see our future children. 

4. GTKY - I think DH and I are closer than before the MC - but I think I feel more pressure than he does to get KU. He's also much more patient than I am in general. And we haven't been TTC for very long overall so I understand his relaxed stance on the situation - where we're on different pages is when to POAS (though we haven't gotten near my time point with either cycle post MC). But honestly, that is small potatoes 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1. Benched. Rechecking thyroid hormones in 2 weeks and at same time seeing PCP for endocrine referral. 

2. R/R: This morning found a weird nodule under my chin. I think it's a lymph node but given current circumstances, trying not to freak out. I have lymph nodes there all the time because I work in primary care, but it feels different. Also had a freakish dream on Saturday in which I actually got to see our LO we lost, an US picture and then after cremation. WTF?! In both cases, eyes were closed and it was sucking it's thumb. Sorry, how morbid.

3. GTKY: I wasn't expecting it, and we were rock steady to begin with, but it definitely made us closer. I'm happy he went to our GYN appointment and he made sure I will tell him when my endocrine appt is so he can be there, too :-).

....and I rarely check FB myself, because of said reasons. Remember that Eleanor of Acquitaine (mother of Richard the Lionhart....*I'm a nerd*) had THREE healthy children after 40. During the 1100's! :-)
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    chloe97 said:
    @roper2617 I took a picture and it didn't help. Not seeing any 2nd line even when I zoom or adjust contrast. I did hold the FRER up to the light and I definitely see a line. It's not pink and it could be an evap  line bc it's 2 hrs later, but it is there. Took a CBE digi after my coffee and it of course says not pregnant. The 2nd WONDFO of the day didn't do anything either. I'm certifiably insane. The good news is I may actually 9DPO if I went based on the day my OPK was positive and not the day of o-spotting and day before temp rise. 

ETA Update- opened up the FRER and it was definitely a negative test. Sigh. I'm not feeling too positive about this cycle any more.
    I went crazy like that with the FRERs last cycle. I saw a very faint grey-ish line. I'm pretty sure its an indent line. I heard that that has been an issue with them recently.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @m6agua I just read about that stupid indent line out after googling. Well there goes my hope for this cycle. I should have some sort of faint sort of line at this point. I had a pretty clear BFP @ 11dpo with my loss.

Off to the RE to figure out what the hell is going on with my body. 
  • Options
    BornReadyBornReady member
    edited March 2016
    @catiecatp So nice that your father's community is helping you piece together his puzzle. I'm sure it is bittersweet to have him on your mind and be thinking about both losses. 

@chloe97 Sorry to hear about the dreaded indent line. Hopefully the RE has some answers for you. Keep us posted!

ETA posted before I was done...
  • Options
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) WTO CD13

3. Rants/raves: 
    Rant #1: MIL asked DH how I was "feeling" when she was talking to him on the phone.  There is no reason for asking that.  She is fishing for pregnancy news.  Even if we get pregnant this cycle, we won't announce until 12 weeks, so she has at least 3 months (maybe more) to wait.  Thanks, MIL, for making me feel like I should be pregnant and ready to announce by now.  I don't feel bad enough as it is.

Rant #2: My cycle has been totally normal and predictable the past 3-4 cycles when I've been benched/TTA.  4 days of fertile CM before ovulation on CD18-20.  This cycle?  I've had fertile CM since like CD6.  No sign of O.  UGH.

We're on the same page but DH has been wanting a baby for longer than I have, so I think he's more impatient than I am, actually.  But we are good supports for each other.
  • Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    edited March 2016
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.)  CD15, still benched...FF says I should have O'd like a week ago, so everything is still a little out of whack here.  I see my RE next week to find out if I am good-to-go next cycle or will still have to sit one out.  

3. Rants/raves:  I am rant heavy this week, so I apologize in advanced...  it was a hell of a weekend.  One of my good friends announced the gender of her baby (which is due 5 days before mine would have been); she did give me a heads up before going public, which I appreciated but it was still hard/sad/happy.  Mixed emotions like whoa.  Then I had brunch on Saturday with a 'friend', we aren't good friends anymore and she urgently wanted to get together (hadn't seen her since June), and now it all makes sense.  She announced her pregnancy to me.  It upset me because she was just shy of 14 weeks, so the minute she could go public...she desperately wanted to see me.  She made hurtful comments about her husband wanting one gender and would only love that gender more.  I pretty much went off on her... I wasn't planning on it, but it just happened.  All the bottled up emotions literally flew off at her, but I told her that I felt like I was hopefully teaching her a lesson in "what not to say/do in the future".  I had told her about my MC and instead of saying "I'm sorry" or "how are you doing?", she asked inappropriate questions.  I left feeling horrible, but weirdly enough, proud that I stood up for myself.  Then on Sunday, my sister in law (of a half brother who I am not terribly close with) announced her pregnancy on Facebook and she is due on my birthday. So I am with you @BornReady, GOOD BYE FACEBOOK.  

4. GTKY: how have you and SO/DH been doing since starting to TTCAL? Do you feel like you are on the same page? Has it brought you closer or are things sometimes difficult?  After our first loss, it created some tense moments and hard conversations, but when we had our second loss in January...it brought us a lot closer together.  It solidified that we both want this, no matter what.  I finally feel that we are on the same page and it's sad that two losses had to teach us that lesson, but I am forever grateful because I feel lucky to have a husband/partner who is side-by-side with me.  The hardest thing we both have finally accepted is that regardless of what the future holds (with or without a child), we are still a family...just the two of us, plus a few fur kids :)

@AL_TwinCities, I am horrible at waiting to test too!  If I am off the bench next cycle, I am sure I will need a costco size box of pee sticks, haha

Positive vibes coming your way @chloe97!

@zrain I didn't sleep well either...still don't, but I take melatonin to help me get a few solid hours so I can make it through the next day.
  • Options
    2. Pretty sure O happened Saturday, just waiting on temps to confirm

3. So good news tonight! Last week, there was a board meeting that ended poorly about pressing charges against DH's boss for embezzlement among other things. So while the board didn't fire the guy, DH and his co-workers raised enough hell to have a second private board meeting called for St. Patrick's day to reconsider pressing charges and firing the guy. Well today, DH's boss decided to quit. I still think the board should pursue legal action, but I'm so happy for DH that his boss is gone. It was too stressful for him with worrying about retaliatory crap.

4. We are doing better now. With the first two losses, DH and I almost broke up. He didn't take it well at all. With our last loss, we handled it much better. TTC is still stressful. DH has this mentality of if I act like I'm not really trying, then the BFNs won't bother me. Although some days it still makes him depressed. I can't do that. I get my hopes up every time...
  • Options
    Oh @Aera11 , that lunch with your long lost friend sounded freaking HORRIBLE. I'm so sorry you had to go through that and I'm glad you took the really blunt route. Maybe after she has time to process it she'll realize she messed up? I hope so at least.
  • Options
    @Aera11 Thanks for the positive vibes. Quick question- does your RE know/approve you taking melatonin? I have had horrible sleeping during the first part of my cycle. I had a consult with my RE and she claimed to know nothing about hormones and sleep, but I've read that melatonin was not something you should take TTC bc it can throw off your hormones. But of course I read on the Internet, so who knows?
  • Options
    @BornReady I gave up Facebook for lent mostly because I needed a reason to give it up. It's help me not seeing babies/announcements everyday.

@Chloe977 fingers crossed for you!

I haven't posted in awhile, sorry! Work and finishing our basement has taken up a lot of my time.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) TWW 7 DPO

3. Rants/raves: I want my horn in my car fixed! I hit a deer a few weeks back and it's taking forever to get in the shop.

Surprisingly ok. I'm more depressed currently that I'm on month 14 of trying. Don't get me wrong, I'm heartbroken that we had a miscarriage. I think they go hand in hand. I actually have been on Zoloft for the past three weeks. I've been thinking about it for over three months but I finally gave in. I'm on a very low dose and plan to wean off as soon as I get another BFP but for now it's what I need. 

DH has been amazing. He always said he was ready for a baby but since our loss he's really shown it.  We are definitely closer. I think he finally gets some of the process and my feelings. He keeps asking when I can test. He still doesn't understand/get the TWW.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Options
    2. I am CD 26... i believe that I am 10 DPO. I usually O around CD 23/24 and assuming a 12 day luteal phase, this will be the shortest cycle I've had since going off BC several years ago.  I've had 10 days of elevated temps, but between not sleeping well and being on vacaton I am going with "?".  If i am 10 DPO then timing was off (only -4 and -3). I get back from Florida on Wednesday so can test Thurs if no AF yet.

3. Rant/rave: yay vacation! Boo for cycle "?"

4. DH and I are very close. I've taken things harder than he has, but he is incredibly supportive. He knows how badly I want to have kids. He only really gets frustrated when I stress out over my irregular cycles and things I can't control.

@silentP Im on vacation and have no tests in the house either!  So I'm waiting it out too and am trying not to symptom spot either.

@Chloe97 Sorry for your BFN. Good luck! Looks like I'm in the same DPO as you. :)

@GhanimaAteides Sorry about your stressful cycle. :( hope tomorrow is a better day for you! 

@zrain  I totally hear you in the less than exciting TTC BDing. Glad your DH is so supportive!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new) Hi Ladies - I intro'd a while ago, but I haven't participated here in a while so I'll intro again. I had a CP over New Year's weekend. We didn't take any time off from trying, but my first cycle post lost was 37 days, and also a failure. :( I'm currently in my second cycle post-loss. I've been trying acupuncture and not sure if it's actually helping me yet. 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.)  TWW 9dpo

3. Rants/raves:  We had great timing, but I feel like it doesn't matter. I don't have any of the symptoms I had at 9dpo with my CP, so I'm counting myself out this month. I actually feel more depressed about the prospect of another failed cycle than I thought I would. :( 

I am starting to not be able to handle the daily check-ins over on TTGP, and I'm thinking maybe I'll just do the weekly check in here. I just get too jealous and sad watching people get their BFPs who have only been trying a month or two. I just don't feel like I can really relate to those daily threads anymore. I've been off HBC 9 months now, and actively trying for 6 with one loss to show for it. I just don't feel like I fit in there any more. I'm having a really negative TTC day, and I'm really disappointed about this cycle. 

4. GTKY: how have you and SO/DH been doing since starting to TTCAL? Do you feel like you are on the same page? Has it brought you closer or are things sometimes difficult?  I am not doing so well. I have mostly bad days - it's hard to stay positive. My DH doesn't even seem to have noticed I had a loss. He's pretty much acting the same as he always has. I don't think he really gets it. He's happy to keep trying, and to seek extra medical help if it comes to it, though. But I think he could use some sensitivity training. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Fx @chloe97 !
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes @chloe97 !! I hope this is it.
    H and I both 30
    TTC #1 started Aug 2014
    BFP Apr 3 2015
    natural M/C April 20 2015 @ 6w6d
    BFP Nov 18 2015
    natural M/C Nov 23 2015 @ 5w4d.

• Options

I am starting to not be able to handle the daily check-ins over on TTGP, and I'm thinking maybe I'll just do the weekly check in here. I just get too jealous and sad watching people get their BFPs who have only been trying a month or two. 

Stuck in box::
    This is exactly why I left TTGP. The daily reminders were a real downer for me. 
  • Options
    @chloe97 FX FX! 
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    Fx @chloe97 keep us posted!!
  • Options
    roper2617roper2617 member
    edited March 2016
    Okay ladies, I've been torn about this for a little while and I'd like to know WWYD. 

In mid-late Jan when I was having some complications post mc, my NP mentioned that she was going to refer me to a gyno as well as a doctor in town who has been known as the "expert" in town. Really though he's not actually an ob-gyn. At the time I was considered emergency status and the wait would've been 2 months for a gyno out of town (health care in the north is bs sometimes!). I'm no longer emergency status so I can only imagine how long the wait is now. (My mc was late Nov, my body was screwing with me big time)

I'm not sure if my NP did send out the referral or not. I'm torn between asking her to send the referral now (which she will if she hasn't already) or wait a few months and see if we conceive. My main worry is that I'll get pregnant, then get in to see a gyno, get dropped by said gyno because I'm 150% going back to my MW, then have another MC and be stuck waiting again for the gyno. My MW did say that she can sometimes work with the gyno when it's a high risk pregnancy, so as to eliminate some of the travelling out of town, but I wouldn't be considered a high risk pregnancy. 

Thoughts? Wait to see if I get pregnant then ask for referral if i have another MC, or get the referral now? 

Edited for clarification 

TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    @AL_TwinCities @BornReady thanks for the commiseration, ladies. Glad I'm not the only one with these feelings! 

@chloe97 FX for you!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

@ghanimaAtreides – FX for a BFP. And I can’t imagine how scary your MC must have been for you and DH.

@zrain – glad your trip is going well – it sounds amazing.

@reneeannemm – I need to cull FB again too – I can’t get rid of it because my family and friends are spread all over (Vancouver to PEI to Italy and one in France…)

@aera11 – what a nightmare – hugs

@kay6519 – that’s a great rave J

@dogmomwantinghuman – I’m glad you’re taking care of yourself

@chloe97 – FX for you!!

@roper2617 – given that I think you’re more rural than where I grew up, well I can imagine that your options would be limited and there would be a lot of driving. If I were you I’d ask for the referral. For me, I wouldn’t want to wait a few months and still be in the same place as you are now (in case you don't get a BFP). To me it sounds like you’re already planning that you’ll have a MC, which is understandable but not a given – I’ve been there – in my mind it was “if I expect a MC then maybe it won’t hurt as much” but I don't think it works that way for me. It sounds like if you get the referral, get pregnant, see gyno, switch to MW, have MC, and then are waiting for a gyno – you’re in the same place you’d be if you don’t get the referral. If you don’t get the referral, get pregnant, go to MW, have MC, wait for gyno – you’re in the same place as if you were to get the referral. If anything, seeing the gyno and dropping them might make it easier to get in the next time (though I don’t know much about rural care in Canada… Or let's end with a positive - if you get the referral, go to the gyno, drop the gyno, go to the MW and have a baby - still no issue with getting the referral. 

---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @chloe97 FX for a sticky BFP!