Babies: 3 - 6 Months

walker vs exersaucer vs jumperoo

YUP!! We've reached our next "milestone". I read through some other discussions on this site and it really seems like the F-P rainforest jumperoo is the way to go. Someone said It's stayed the favorite for more than 5 years always topping other companies and even F-P's newer models. 

I also saw it recommended as one of the "must haves" when passing the newborn stage like us. CLICK HERE for a lot more info about this jumperoo.

So what advice have you heard?

Re: walker vs exersaucer vs jumperoo

• Both of my kids loved exersaucers. Doesn't matter the brand as long as there are fun toys on it. I never used a walker because they aren't good for babies and we don't have a doorway that works for a jumperoo so we never used that either.
  • TwizBeans said:
     we don't have a doorway that works for a jumperoo so we never used that either.
    Jumperoos don't go in the doorway (just saying)
  • Loading the player...
  • TwizBeans said:
     we don't have a doorway that works for a jumperoo so we never used that either.
    Jumperoos don't go in the doorway (just saying)

Oh, I was thinking of those jumpy things that hang in a doorway!
  • My son LOVES his jumparoo, he could spend hours in it. I loved watching him figure out that if he bounces the lights and music will turn on. I have also noticed that it has helped strengthen his leg muscles and help with learning how to sit up. 
  • I don't even know what the hell a jumperoo is. 
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • I don't even know what the hell a jumperoo is. 

Apparently I don't either and I have 2 kids! lol
  • kde4kde4 member
    Our boys love both the Jumparoo and the Exersaucer. The Exersaucer is a little more versatile because they can last longer in it. They get a little tired of jumping after 20-30 minutes, but they'll both stand in the Exersaucer for nearly an hour. I also love the Exersaucer because it has more toys for them to play with, which is part of the reason that it keeps their attention for so long.

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• TwizBeans said:
    I don't even know what the hell a jumperoo is. 

Apparently I don't either and I have 2 kids! lol
    You don't? OK - OP actually put a link in the opening post of this thread to a lot more info than I can give so take a look. A jumperoo is great.cause it keeps your baby in one place while he's getting all this great excercise jumping. Babies love them

I know what it is, but I didn't realize that's what it's called. My youngest is 17 months so we are beyond this stage now.
  • I like the jumperoo but it's really big! If you have a lot of room, go with it. If not, exersaucer. My babe uses the exersaucer at daycare and love it also. Much easier to move around. 
  • We have a walker and a jumperoo, and daycare has exersaucers.  DD kind of got over the jumperoo really fast.  if I was doing it again, I'd get an exersaucer instead.  she still uses those at daycare and really likes them.  I think it's because she's actually standing and moving around in it (she is almost 9 months now and started using the jumperoo around 5 months).

We also have a walker, but she didn't use that until 6 months, and really it was closer to 7 before she realized she could REALLY run around in it.  You do have to watch them like a hawk in a walker though, it's not like the jumperoo or exersaucer where you can strap them in and walk away and assume they won't be able to hurt themselves.  we never move it off the first floor of our house (so no stairs/falls to worry about) but she is constantly banging into walls and furniture and it's pretty destructive.  she loves it.  we only have her in it maybe 1-2 times a day for 10-15 minutes at a time.  She's starting to pull up now, so we're moving onto a push walker instead.

• Didn't do that for my kid. She had no delays in either. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My LO has loved the exersaucer since about 4 months. We would just put pillow in it so she wouldn't fall all over the place bc she is tiny. Now at 6 months she's been moving and standing hardcore in it. Then we also started using the bouncing one in doorway and she loves that too for shorter periods of time. We didn't get a walker bc of the conflicting opinions but I bet she would like. We also have a lot of drop offs, raised rooms in our house. 
  • My son loved the jumparoo.  Would absolutely lose his mind and giggle like crazy in it....but I found it loud and annoying and he would get tired of it quick.  Exersaucer worked for longer term entertainment.
  • We bought a Baby Einstein jumperoo for our DS that has 4 play stations, spots to hang other toys from the top bars and 5 height settings so it will grow with him. He absolutely LOVES his jumperoo and can spend 30-45 minutes hanging out in it and exploring all the different toys. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We love the rainforest jumperoo!! Eventually will probably borrow An exersaucer too.! Our pediatrician also strongly discourages use of a walker.