February 2016 Moms

Pain from epidural?

does anyone have a lingering pain where you had your epidural? I had my LO almost two weeks ago and feel this lingering "ache" in that one spot on my spine. Really hoping this normal and will go away. Anyone else experiencing this? 

Re: Pain from epidural?

• LO will be 5 weeks on Tuesday and I still have that same ache - usually is worse in the evenings.  BFing is also making my back ache, so it may be compounded for me!  
  • I did but only for a week or 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My labor was too fast for me to get one this time around but I did have an epidural with DS1 three years ago. I had that pain for several weeks after and unfortunately would also periodically get it every once in a while for years after. I noticed specifically when the temperature was going to change that I noticed it more. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Very normal. I had a pain in that spot after my first baby. It's a big needle that goes in. 
  • Thank you for your responses. Hopefully it will go away soon. Maybe once I'm more active and not sitting all day nursing. Fx for all who are feeling it. 
  • I had that after my epidural with ds3.  It was tender for a while and then if something hard touched my back in a certain way (like leaning back on a kitchen chair) I would feel some discomfort. That lasted probably up to a year.  I would say it's definitely still normal as long as it's an ache and not extremely painful.  I guess some epidural placements are better than others because I've only ever had trouble with that one, out of 4.
  • I got an epidural and during it going into my back the needle went too far off to the left side and i got an instant pain on only my left side of my back. They moved it over more to the right and tjat pain was relieved. After they removed it i had pain from the incision point and down the left side of my back to my hips. Come to find out they hit a nerve while placing the epidural into me. Im 4w4d pp and still have back pain.