January 2016 Moms
Options

Baby neck cheese

Anyone else notice baby's fat rolls on their neck getting red and having a white, "cheesy" substance? I've cleaned it and tried Vaseline first, then diaper rash cream, and just recently baby powder. But nothing seems to do much, especially since his poor neck doesn't get any air flow to keep it dry. Any suggestions?

Re: Baby neck cheese

• Options
    My LO gets this too. I just wipe it down with water when it gets too nasty... Not much you can do to prevent it I don't think.
  • Options
    Our pediatrician recommended cornstarch! It has worked well for us so far.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try baby oil !
  • Options
    One of my previous LO's had that. My pediatrician said milk from spit up gets in there then can create a yeast infection. You might check with your doctor. Mine prescribed a cream that cleared it right up. 

With my other two I pretty much constantly clean out and check the neck folds so that can't happen again. I didn't realize with my first how easily milk can get trapped there!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! 
  • Options
    Try rubbing coconut oil after babies baths.
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
    My doc said just use water. You want it to dry out and putting anything on it will only prohibit that process.
  • Options
    Yeah it's from milk/spit up. Just wipe it with a wet wash cloth. That's what I do! Same with her hands and arm pits. Who knew babies could get so icky! Lol
  • Options
    I've been cleaning it and using cornstarch and it's done wonders! All the red, tenderness is gone now.