February 2016 Moms

Postpartum weightloss

Anyone care to share how they're doing?  I gained 35 pounds but have only lost 17 or 18 at almost 4 weeks after baby. I know that's not terrible but it seems to be hovering around 17 left to lose. I'm eating like a horse bc I'm so hungry from lack of sleep and breastfeeding. This is baby number 3 and I always lost all the weight fairly easily with my other 2. Though I don't remember exactly how quickly. It seems like there was always a little hang time before the scale went down where I'd kind of panic. I also always started working out again though at 6 weeks. Anyway, I just want to feel normal and thought I'd ask others about how fast or slowly the weight is coming off for you guys.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Postpartum weightloss

• This is my first baby and I gained 43lbs. I'm almost 2 weeks postpartum and have lost about 25lbs so far. I'm EPing and probably not eating as much as I should. It's hard to find time with pumping and feeding and changings, I only realize I didn't eat after I start feeling super hungry and lousey. 
  • I gained 30 pounds with my pregnancy, lost 23 by 6 days pp and had lost 28 by 3 weeks pp.  I'm EBFing and I honestly forget to eat a lot, so I think some of that has to do with it.  She was already a 9 pound baby so a 1/3 of that basically was her alone lol. 

Because of my surgery, I am on physical restriction for 8 weeks, so I am just holding on to BFing keeping my weight down, and now that I am really starting to feel better I will definitely start taking some walks around the neighborhood.  I really don't want to push it though and end up hurting myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Loading the player...
  • I lost 11 lbs my first trimester and gained those back, plus another 14 lbs in the 1st & 2nd tri. But I have lost 24 lbs since baby and I keep losing some very couple of days. Thank you breastfeeding and sheer exhaustion! 

I'm hoping to lose another 15 or so just to get to a healthier weight for me. I'll be very happy when I can start taking classes at the gym and being more active. For now, I'm enjoying my couch time with little miss!
  • i gained 38 in the pregnancy, and just weighed myself today because tomorrow is 4 weeks pp and I've lost 20. Exclusively pumping but slowly switching my beautiful NICU baby over to nursing. It can be done with patience! :)
  • I gained 34 lbs and have lost 14 at 9 days PP. This is my 3rd kiddo and I hope to lose at least another 5-10 by the time I'm cleared for exercise. BF should take care of that. Then I'll start back up with regular workouts and hopefully have my figure and weight back to where I want it before the pools open at the end of May. ;)
  • I gained 23 lbs and have lost 19 lbs, most of which was lost in the first week (LO is 4 weeks today). Hoping I can lose these last 4 lbs plus a little more. This is baby #4 and I had never quite made it back to pre pregnancy weight with the other 3.

• I gained 25, have lost 10 now at a week PP. I've got about 40 more to lose to be at a healthier/happier weight, so I'm hoping to slowly get down to that. 

• I gained 40 and I am 5 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. But I did not lose it the right way. I had complications after my c section in which my body did not get rid of the fluids that I was given during surgery which came along with a low heart rate and extreme nausea and puking. And that lasted for a solid week. So it wasn't the best/most fun way to lose the weight!
  • I am ebf and I am 4 weeks pp. I gained 45 lbs and I am down 20... I have been eating like a horse too ... not always healthy stuff either.  I need to get on the ball so I can drop this baby weight. 
  • We're 2.5 weeks out here and I gained 27 pounds. So far I'm down 22 pounds, but baby girl was 8 pounds and had a serious case of jaundice so we were nursing a lot for over a week straight and the dr said that would have me lose a bit of weight.
  • I gained 20 and have lost 36. I credit breastfeeding because im not exercising. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Wow! It is falling off everyone. I was getting a little discouraged but I got on the scale this morning and it went down 2 pounds so now I just have another 16 to go:) I'm hoping that by 6 weeks pp that it's down to 10 to 12 pounds left to go. A little less for me to lose through working out. Gotta say though I'm a little jealous of you guys that are within 5 pounds of your previous weight. I wish. My body took that maternal fat stores thing to heart! I was glad to see though that some of you guys are about where I'm at too. Good luck ladies!
  • Gained 18 lbs (exercised through my entire pregnancy) and delivered an almost 9 pounder so I was back to prepreg weight within a week. I had another 20 lbs to lose to get back to a happy weight because I was heavier than usual when I got pregnant with DS1, took 8 months to lose that pregnancy weight and immediately found out I was pregnant with DS2.

Because I had an easy delivery & ran up until delivery, Ob gave me the go ahead to get back exercising whenever I felt good. So I started back jogging, spinning and weight training at 2 weeks PP.
    I'm 5 weeks PP now, started Weight watchers two weeks ago because they figure in breastfeeding for you! Working out 5 days a week now and I'm down another 5 lbs in two weeks for a total of 23 lbs down. 15 lbs to go till goal weight! 
  • I gained about 5-7 pounds during pregnancy and have lost 25-30 pounds at almost 5 weeks out.. I have been exclusively breastfeeding baby girl :) way to go to all you lovely ladies :) 
  • Gained 30 but was up 20 from my first baby. Lost 20 the first week. At my 6 week appointment yesterday I lost 0 more....sooo disappointing. Especially when I lost everything right away with DD. I'm EBing and have been trying to eat a healthy diet. Hopefully starting some excersise this week will help
  • I gained 40 lbs. and have lost 17 at 12 days PP. I was hoping for a bigger initial drop than that but I can see hints of my former body underneath all the flubber. So that's a little encouraging I guess.

• I delivered 15 lbs lighter than prepreg. Now I'm down another 15.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I gained 20 and as of 10 days pp am down 34. i believe all the credit goes to breastfeeding since I'm not eating particularly healthy and definitely not exercising. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I gained 20 and as of 10 days pp am down 34. i believe all the credit goes to breastfeeding since I'm not eating particularly healthy and definitely not exercising. 
    Geez! That's crazy!
  • FTM and I gained 10 pounds during pregnancy. I'm 6 days pp and 2 pounds shy of my pre-pregnancy weight. However, I still have about 40 pounds of pre-pregnancy newlywed weight I want to shed. Best to you all ladies!

DS (2.29.16) via Homebirth

~ Proverbs 22:6 ~

• I gained 21 and am down 23 at 5 weeks post partum. The scale looks good, but I look like a popped balloon and have absolutely no ab muscles. 

DH is booking a push present/5 year wedding anniversary vacation to our honeymoon resort in Mexico in November, so hopefully those abs make a comeback by then. 
  • Lost 20.6 pounds as of my 2 week PP visit today, LO was 7 pounds 7 ounces at birth. I gained 49-50 pounds while pregnant, but started off at 93 pounds anyways (genetics, and I hated my pre-pregnancy weight). I'm hoping to not dip below 110, or at least too far under...
  • I'm 4 weeks pp today and I'm already at my pre-pregnancy weight 110. I gained a little over 20lbs. I lost all the weight within the first two weeks. He was my fourth baby and I also would like to stay around 110. I look way better this weight then under 100. But I swear after each kid my hips get wider and wider. I would love to tone up and get fit next. 
  • I gained 50 and lost 30 at 3 weeks pp. lots more to go :((
    I'm BFing and pumping 
  • I gained almost 80 lbs (thank you high doses of prednisone since 10 weeks of pregnancy for PUPPPS) I have only lost 12 lbs. in 5 weeks, but I am still on the prednisone. PUPPPS is slowly going away. I know it will take time to come off, but I want to be back to my post pregnancy weight and get back to running like I use to. This is the biggest I have ever been and I refuse to buy a whole new wardrobe in hopes it will start coming off faster soon. 
  • I gained 23 lbs total in this (my third) pregnancy. Little Miss weighed 7 lbs 3 oz and was delivered by c-section. When I left the hospital (after two days) I was incredibly swollen. I actually weighed 10 lbs MORE than when I was admitted. Add that to the 7 lbs she comprised, I was carrying almost 20 pounds in just water weight. I felt awful.  Doc said to just keep drinking water and walking but nothing helped. I started  feeling swollen and congested in my chest and landed back in the ER. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and ordered to stay away from the baby for 5 days. I took advantage of the leg compression machine while was back in the hospital and dropped nearly 20 pounds while at the hospital and the other 13 the first two days back at home. Definitely made me feel like a different woman!!! Felt amazing to be able to breath, walk and move again! 
  • Last time the dr checked I was 1 lb away from pre pregnancy weight. Unfortunately he has restricted my exercise til after 6 weeks pp. soooo I have been EBFing for LOs first month and feel great except I am drying up so we are going to start formula feeding this week. I know that while BFing I was able to loose more and keep it off don't know what is going to happen next. 
  • AchaeAchae member
    They didn't even weigh me at my 6 week check up so I have no idea! My guess is I still have 10 to go, an additional 10 more if I want to lose what I put on with my first. 
  • Gained around 17 pounds, but I'm not really sure what my pre-pregnancy weight was (I'm guessing 120?). I'm down to 123, but I still look noticeably bigger than I was pre-preg - I feel like I lost so much muscle during pregnancy due to slowing down on the lifting and increasing cardio. Looking forward to putting some muscle back on and getting back into shape!
  • I gained around 45lbs during pregnancy. Baby was 8lbs 13oz and I'm EBFing. I have 19lbs left to get to pre-pregnancy weight (I'm 1 week post-partum) but my legs already look way skinnier than even before pregnancy. I think I will end up weighing less than before baby so I will need to start a workout regimen to gain some muscle once I'm cleared as safe from this c section. I weighed 127lbs before I got pregnant and I'm 5'-7".
  • I gained 25 with this LO and I am 4 weeks pp and I am only one pound away from pre pregnancy weight. The only thing is I had a csection and I haven't been cleared to do any vigorous exercise let alone do anything that would require any lifting or pushing/pulling of any kind. I feel like I'm loosing my mind I really want to get back to exercising. 
  • I gained 36lbs i have lost 31lbs since baby was born. I am just pumping and doing light excercise. 
  • I gained 25 pounds during my pregnancy. I had also lost 10 pounds at the beginning but my gain from prepregnancy was 25. I'm 4 pounds away from prepregnancy as of last week. I haven't exercised yet since I was only 3 weeks pp last week but I walk the dog at least once a day and LO always cries when I try and eat so it's definitely keeping me from eating too much lol
  • kinnonamkinnonam member
    edited March 2016
    I went from 150 before baby then up to 194 I'm 5 weeks pp and at 170 
  • I'm 23 pounds down and 10 pounds away from pre baby weight at 3 weeks PP. I feel good about the weight loss, but I hate the flabbiness of my stomach. It also doesn't help that I haven't been eating the best considering I get about 5 minutes to just shove something in my mouth before LO starts crying again.