May 2016 Moms

When did your appointment frequency increase?

I'm at 28 weeks now, and last week at my appointment they scheduled me for my next two appointments, at about 31 and 35 weeks. I asked when my appointments will increase to every two weeks, because I thought that started at the beginning of the third trimester, and my midwife told me at 38 weeks. I don't feel too concerned because I'm super low-risk and don't have any issues I'm worried about, but it's different than what I've expected and heard about anyone else. Did other people increase in appointments in third trimester yet? Does it seem necessary? Has anything about the appointments changed? Getting there isn't convenient, so I'm not upset, just wondering if I should at least ask again about this at the next appointment.

Re: When did your appointment frequency increase?

• I'm up to every 2 weeks and my appointment schedule changed at 28 weeks. Nothing is different about my appointments and they go pretty quickly, like 30 min. I get why I need to go more often and helps time feel like it's moving, but they do get annoying. I've been told that appointments will switch to weekly after 35 weeks. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • My schedule also changed at 28 to every 2 weeks. Then I think at 36 it starts to be every week until birth.
  • Loading the player...
  • At thirty weeks mine increase to bi-weekly and then at 36 they start weekly. Thankfully though after my second appointment they scheduled all my remaining ones, so I could give my boss a lot of notice for when they start increasing
  • My next appointment is scheduled when I'll be 30 weeks, after that one they'll be every two weeks. I also have a midwife. I guess it must vary from place to place and also depending on how high or low risk you are.

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • I'm starting now at almost 32 weeks.

Likely it's because you have a MW and they are a little more hands off. I honestly wish I wasn't doing them. I'm going to decline cervix checks up until my due date, so I don't see the point.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Mine increased to every two weeks after my 28 week appointment.  They move to weekly after 36 weeks.  They are QUICK appointments.
  • Mine increased at 28w to go in every 2 weeks, at 36w I'll go in every week. I have an OB that I see. The appointments seam excessive since I don't have much new to discuss. Take measurements, pee in a cup and ask if I have questions. 
  • I assumed mine would start every two weeks after my appointment this Monday (at 29 weeks) but I'm not completely sure because I have a midwife. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • I switched to every 2 wks at 30wks, and will go weekly starting at 34 wks. Probably because I'm AMA. That's the only possible risk factor I have, since this has been a perfect textbook pregnancy the whole way so far (knock on wood). I do have an OB and will be delivering in a hospital.
  • I just had my 28 week appointment and, like some of the others, my appointments will now increase to every 2 weeks (until 36 weeks).
    The doc told me not much will happen at my next appointment, but at the one after that there will be an ultrasound to measure the size of the baby.
  • Mine increased at 28 weeks to every two weeks and then they change to weekly at 36 weeks.
  • I'm starting now at almost 32 weeks.

Likely it's because you have a MW and they are a little more hands off. I honestly wish I wasn't doing them. I'm going to decline cervix checks up until my due date, so I don't see the point.
    I just had a midwife for that appointment - every other one I've seen doctors, I'm just in Kaiser so I see whoever's available that time. The nurses are the ones that make the appointments for us, and they seem to just follow a set schedule for me or something.

Interesting that everyone else is getting bumped up to more appointments. I'll have to ask them about this next time.
  • Ill start every 2 wks starting at 32 and then every week at 36. I'm at an OB office 
  • I have an appointment at 30 weeks, then 32, 34, 36 before going to weekly.
  • Like several other ladies, after my 28 week appt they switched me to every two weeks, at 36 I'll start once a week.
  • I'm 28 weeks, 3 days.  I had an appointment yesterday, and all of my future appointments will be every 2 weeks. 
  • I go at 31w, 35, 37, 38, 39. I think. 
  • I started every two weeks at 24 week to monitor my blood pressure! Normally it would have started at 28 weeks at my practice.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Mine bumped up at 28 weeks to bi weekly and everything i read said that's the norm to do that. So I was ready. I asked about cervical checks and my doc doesn't start those until 38 weeks. We are at a stage where alot can change in a few days so I'm not bothered by going more often. The weekly might get annoying but that's only for 3-4 weeks so I'm good. 
  • Like most PP, I switched to biweekly appointments at 28 weeks and will be moving to weekly appointments at 36 weeks.
  • I wish mine were like yours. I think it's silly to go this often at low risk. Mine are every 2 weeks at the start of 3rd tri. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm another one for increase at 30 weeks to bi-weekly and then weekly after 36 weeks 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been having to go twice a month the entire time so far.  Once for doctor and once for ultrasound.  No real clue why unless it's due to diabetes.  I was told once before that at some point once is hit sometime in the 30s (not sure of the specific week) that I will have to go TWICE a week every week until delivery.  I think that is overkill really.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • My appointments have fallen on odd weeks so I started every 2 at 27 weeks and will start weekly at 35. Although I've had US's prior to the 27 weeks with a perinatologist which made it seem like I was going bi-weekly prior to 27 weeks, same goes for right now - I saw reg. doctor today, have a scan next week with perinatologist, and then I see my reg. doc again in 2.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm at 3 week appointments. My next will be just before 35 weeks. Then I'll most likely have a 2 week gap, and then a 1 week gap, and then hopefully baby.  
  • I started having to go in once every two weeks at 28 weeks.  Then, starting at 36 weeks, it will be once a week.  Im practically dating my obgyn 
  • slfezz said:
    Ill start every 2 wks starting at 32 and then every week at 36. I'm at an OB office 
    This is the same for me too.

At my 28-week appointment, the doctor asked if I wanted to bump up to every 2 weeks then, but made it clear that I didn't need to, since I'm super low risk and have been having a very easy pregnancy throughout (so far!!), so obviously I opted not to have the extra appointment, because it would just have been a waste of everybody's time.

So I'm going in at 32 weeks and then it'll be every two weeks until 36, after which it moves to weekly.
  • I'm like you. I saw my OB at 28 weeks and had to schedule out two more for 4 weeks out each. My next one is at almost 32 weeks and the other 36 weeks. My OB said after that I would probably have a two week out (38 weeks) and maybe more frequent after that. Hearing that almost everyone else goes more makes me a little nervous but I guess it because I am really low risk. 
  • arj14arj14 member
    Had an appointment yesterday at 27 weeks, and will be going every two now.  I'm not sure when I'll switch to every week. 
    Anniversary

• Par13Par13 member
    I'm like most others - I'll be going every 2 weeks for week 30, 32, 34, 36 appointments then weekly thereafter. I agree that it seems excessive for low risk.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• @merciel and @BabysSoFetch23 Okay, glad I'm not absolutely the only one still just doing monthlies! At least makes me feel okay enough to just wait until the next appointment at 31 weeks and ask why I don't need every other week. Still makes me wonder what they base their scheduling decisions on.
  • Today on actually. My doctor is now going to see me every 2 weeks. When I hit 36 weeks I'll be moved to every week. As of right now I am not high risk.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited March 2016
    I'll switch to every 2 weeks at 32w and weekly at 38w. My OB's practice does them so often to monitor blood pressure/protein and baby's positioning more closely towards the end. At 36w, they'll do the StrepB swab and cervical checks start at 38w.

Eta: since DS changed positions so late last time and labor began shortly after, my doctor has mentioned the possibility of me beginning weekly appointments at 36w so that we have a more clear picture of whether or not I'll be attempting a vbac.
  • Like PP, I started biweekly appointments from 27weeks and I'll having weekly appointments starting at 36 weeks. These appointments are super short checking weight, blood pressure and LOs measurements/heartbeat!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers