Trouble TTC
Options

Having trouble staying positive

So I have taken several Pregnancy tests and keep getting negative but my ovulation tests keep popping up positive. I ovulated on the 20th so shouldn't still be getting positives but I just get more depressed when I see the negative on the pregnancy test...Idk how to keep,my head up right now and I can't figure the OPK results out "like why it's still positive" it's never happens before so Idk what to do. Any advice or suggestions would be awesome and much appreciated 

Re: Having trouble staying positive

• Options
    If your cycle is unpredictable, then it could just be taking forever. Or, it could be too early to register preg hormones. With my previous pregnancy, I didn't get a positive until a few days past expected period date. 
    My last cycle was longer than any that I've had in over 2 years, I took a test 2 days after expected period and it was super negative. I started my period about 8 hours later. Sigh. My cycles range between 26-34 days now, and OPKs give me false results because I have PCOS. 
    All in all, this stuff can drive a lady crazy! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Mine is still ranging between 46 and 52 so I'm hoping it's just taking forever think I may have gotten a positive but I'm not 100% sure because it's so faint but I don't wanna get my hopes up just to be let down again. Its so hard to control though I guess I'll know in a few more days though right?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babyfever92 I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your OPK's. I understand how frustrating and upsetting cycles can be. I had an abnormally long cycle at Christmas and was devastated when I received multiple BFN's and ultimately AF. I didn't think I could pull myself out of it. Having a really good cry and chatting about it with my DH helped. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 
  • Options
    @yellingbanana I suspected I was getting false positives on my OPKs but is that true? Pcos can give you false ovulation indications? I'm sort of hoping it is b/c we're approaching 3 yrs of trying and I have never actually gotten pregnant...if I'm not actually ovulating I feel like that gives me a little more hope now that I'm working with an RE
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Options
    That sounds really frustrating, I don't really know why that is happening as I am fairly new to all of this myself, but I am very hopeful that you are able to find some great advice on here! 

Hang in there! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Married: 10/4/14, Together Since: 5/21/06
    Children: 1 (girl, 3 years)

TTTC #1 since April 2015, Started Treatment Dec 2015
    5 Cycles of IF treatment until BFP! (IUI, Gonal-F, Letrozole)
    BFP: September 5th, 2016
    Born: May 22, 2017

TTTC #2 since September 2020, Currently in Testing phase 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    What brand of ovulation tests are you using and when are you testing?

@lablover78 With PCOS you can have multiple surges (positives) but may not ovulate. Unfortunately a positive ovulation test doesn't mean that you ovulated. The only way to confirm ovulation is by tracking Basel body temperature or ultrasound.
  • Options
    @LadyMillil i kinda change it up sometimes hoping for a different result my main ones are First response, clear blue and i have recently started using the New baby ovulation test strips that came with my conceive easy pills i started taking a while back. they don't expire until 2018 so i know they are still good. Its just getting hard to keep my head up and i have tried everything to get my mind off it and have tried the not trying thing but i want it so bad i guess im subconsciously thinking about it idk what it is but its depressing and @ACAC25 i try to talk to my mom and DH but they are both convinced im gonna give them a child and told me not to stress over it which of course only made me stress worse. everyone around me having babies is not helping my situation either. im at the point where there is maybe a handful of my friends that havent gotten pregnant or have a baby and now a woman at work is pregnant too and i dont have to work with her but shes there when i show up and everyone is always taling about it. i just feel like im going crazy.this ovulation test thing is freaking me out though. just wish i had more people to talk to about this sorta stuff who understands what im going through everyone around me seems to have no problems getting pregnant and if they already have kids they did not have any issues at that point either. it feels like 95% of the women getting pregnant didnt even want kids and the rest of us are just sitting here having all these issues and being told it will happen when its ment to your just not ready and it just feels like sometimes god is just giving me the middle finger and laughing at me. :(