Stroller options for 5 year old? — The Bump
Special Needs

Stroller options for 5 year old?

my oldest DD has developmental delays, low muscle tone and Autism. She still rides in a stroller for walks, the mall and other similar places. We are having a third baby this summer so I am in search of a double stroller that can accommodate my 5 year old and baby. 
We have a baby jogger city select but I am out alone with the kids a lot and it's a pain to take it apart and put it together every time. 
Any suggestions?

Re: Stroller options for 5 year old?

• Can you baby wear and just get a single umbrella? Doubles are a PITA in stores. The aisles aren't wide enough.
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• My SPD 5 y/o rides in our bob duallie. I have encountered only one door that it hasn't fit through, and it was one from the 1800's (we live in a small historic town). What I like about the bob is that it can take 100lbs total. That means that both my 5 and 3 y/os will be able to ride together for a while. Also, if she's having sensory overload, she can pull her visor all the way down to make a sort of cocoon. All that said, it is big, but worth it to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Designermomma
  • My tall 5 year old is comfortable in our Baby Jogger City Mini GT.  
    Me: 1979 * Husband: 1976 * Little girl: 2010 * Little guy: 2013 * MMC: 2016 * Last baby: EDD 2/11/17!