September 2016 Moms
Options

How YOU doin'? (Symptoms Thread -March)

Re: How YOU doin'? (Symptoms Thread -March)

• Options
    @rissarox7 I'm constantly dizzy and lightheaded. Fainted in the grocery store, I'm constantly having to sit down after standing because I feel so dizzy. I don't remember it being this bad with my son
  • Options
    @mamajen10414 that's scary! Was anyone there to help you? Hope you're doing better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Symptoms have just started to ease up...then BAM, I get hit with a cold  :s  I haven't had a cold in like 3 years!!  Stuck using nasal spray, vicks vapor rub, a humidifier, and tea with lemon and honey.  
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Options
    @mamajen10414 @rissarox7 I've been dizzy and lightheaded too! Especially in the mornings for some reason. Usually when I get on the train in the morning, I'm able to get a seat so I'm fine. However, there's been a couple of times when it's packed and I can't sit, and I just spend the whole time so dizzy, I wish I was showing so maybe someone would offer up their seat! It's weird though that it's really just the mornings for me, later on in the day I'm fine! 
  • Options
    Dizziness for sure, my poor boobs are just killing me, slight headaches returned, and trying to eat when I'm just not hungry. Still exhausted too.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I woke up around 5 am to go to the bathroom and I could not fall back asleep, I just had this weird feeling in my tummy and could not get comfortable at all :( I kept tossing and turning... trying the pillow between the legs thing helped a little. It felt like hunger pains or just small little cramps, I don't know but I was so uncomfortable and definitely not hungry.

Some of these pregnancy feelings are so weird.

I think I will buy a pregnancy pillow today, I am just annoyed because most of the ones I found are full body pillow but also with the "pillow under the head part" and I want to keep my regular pillow.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    I was up from 8am yesterday until about 2:30am...so I would guess my energy has come back, lol. Although I was on my feet most of the time prepping for a party and then hosting the party that DH and I threw so I really didn't have a choice but to be up. However I am SEVERELY paying for it today. I got about 7 hours of sleep but feel like I was run over by a Mac truck! I have so many knots in my neck, back and legs. I have already been feeling sore after sleeping but all of the activity yesterday really did me in. I don't plan on moving from my couch today.
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Constipation has hit for me. I never had in my first pregnancy  (although I did have it postpartum). I've been downing prunes and will be starting a stool softener tonight. Hoping they work, because I can't function like this for 6 more months. 

• Options
    I'm sorry if this is TMI but my nipples (or as autocorrect wants me to say "nippers") are soooo sensitive! Not my boobs, just my nipples. Taking my bra off, washing up in the shower, etc. And then there's the times that the dog is lying in bed with us, moves in to cuddle when I'm lying on my side and steps on them!! Just a mini doxie but still....damn! It's just ridiculously uncomfortable. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm sorry if this is TMI but my nipples (or as autocorrect wants me to say "nippers") are soooo sensitive! Not my boobs, just my nipples. Taking my bra off, washing up in the shower, etc. And then there's the times that the dog is lying in bed with us, moves in to cuddle when I'm lying on my side and steps on them!! Just a mini doxie but still....damn! It's just ridiculously uncomfortable. 
    My nips/areolas have been on fire since about 5 weeks. Some soreness in my breast tissue, but mostly just my nipple area. It's so bad. The pain has eased a little bit, but the other day my "fire boobs" came back. My poor daughter has gotten yelped at more than once when she accidentally elbowed me or head-butted me when re-adjusting for snuggles. 
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @blondie080300 that is my worst fear! Having that little dizzy spell right before a flight of stairs. 

Ugh today was great, i baked, did some laundry, i felt good until my sciatic acted up, I'm bound to the couch with a heating pad. It's so bad I can't even walk. Anyone else? What did you do to cope ? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Alyeena said:
    I woke up around 5 am to go to the bathroom and I could not fall back asleep, I just had this weird feeling in my tummy and could not get comfortable at all :( I kept tossing and turning... trying the pillow between the legs thing helped a little. It felt like hunger pains or just small little cramps, I don't know but I was so uncomfortable and definitely not hungry.

Some of these pregnancy feelings are so weird.

I think I will buy a pregnancy pillow today, I am just annoyed because most of the ones I found are full body pillow but also with the "pillow under the head part" and I want to keep my regular pillow.
    Girl me too- except I woke up at 1 to pee and couldn't fall back asleep for the life of me. I tried a pillow between the legs too and it was... ok. Best thing I've done is just bunch our fluffy blanket between my knees. I'm with you on the body pillow- I want one that can just support my belly (eventually) and go between my legs. I love my regular pillow and don't need a whole body thing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My nips/areolas have been on fire since about 5 weeks. Some soreness in my breast tissue, but mostly just my nipple area. It's so bad. The pain has eased a little bit, but the other day my "fire boobs" came back. My poor daughter has gotten yelped at more than once when she accidentally elbowed me or head-butted me when re-adjusting for snuggles. 
    Oh can I relate to both of you! When I first found out around 5 weeks, my nipples were killing me! Since then it's been my whole boobs, and now again the nipples are super sensitive too. My dog walks over me and steps on my boobs sometimes- YOWCH! And DH with his elbows at night. UGH!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The exhaustion has returned. *sigh* I thought I had gotten past it. 

• Options
    Overall, I feel surprisingly good for 11+ weeks. No sickness, but have been exhausted. I've had some constipation and very little heartburn. Frequent urination, of course. I started showing / bloating pretty early on. It's getting hard to hide. Early on I had really painful breasts, but they feel a lot better lately. Though they have gone up two cup sizes. Haha. I just started to develop a rash in the past day - hoping to clear that up soon. Otherwise, I'm feeling great. Excited!
  • Options
    Has anyone been dealing with severe acid reflux? 
    I think that's what I'm dealing with. Basically, my stomach just.. Burns.  I start the morning off with a lot of burping and then by lunch time I can no longer keep myself from puking.  From that point on, anything I eat literally comes up within 10 mins and if I don't eat,  I just puke tons of bile.  I'm not nauseated though. 

This is has happened 5-6 days.  I'll have a few really good days and then suddenly have an acid reflux day from hell. 

My dr called in Nexium (sp?) so I'm going to start that today but just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this and how you are coping.  
  • Options
    Well, scratch that.  Pharmacy just called and apparently my insurance doesn't cover Nexium.  We've already hit our out of pocket max so I was expecting it to be fully covered.   Only way I can get it is if I fork over $257.  Umm..... No thank you. 
  • Options
    @reesaXden Would the OTC Nexium not work? I didn't have what you're describing, but I did have horrendous heartburn with my first pregnancy. I took Prilosec every day for the last several months, and it kept it away. I hope you can find something to help you!

• Options
    I've tried Prilosec and it did nothing for me.  I'm going to go the CVS when Dh gets home and see about getting the Nexium Otc but my dr seemed to think that if the Prilosec didn't help then nothing OTC would and that I'd need a prescription strength one. 
  • Options
    JennM205JennM205 member
    edited March 2016
    @reesaXden I take Pantoprazole (brand name Protonix) for acid reflux and have had great relief from it.  I was taking Omeprazole (brand name Prilosec) over the counter for a while but it just didn't cut it.  The Pantoprazole is pretty budget-friendly (though I'm not 100% sure what it would be if insurance wasn't kicking in.)  Maybe ask your doctor for that instead?  (I know it's pregnancy safe - my OB was who first put me on it when I was prengant with DD.)  Good luck.  Reflux can be rough and it sounds like you have it pretty bad.  :(

ETA: Reflux also has a lot to do with what and when you're eating.  If you eat bland foods (toast, oatmeal, etc) early in the morning, shortly after you wake up, that may help at least a little.  Try to never let your stomach be empty (hard to do if you're already puking everything you eat but maybe you can get ahead of it before the puking starts?)  Avoid citrus, milk, spicy foods, acidic foods like tomatoes, etc.  Slowly reintroduce them once you're on something that is managing the reflux well so you know what you can tolerate and what you can't.  (It varies greatly from person to person.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you, @JennM205  I will call and ask about that one.  
  • Options
    @reesaXden - nexium is usually non-preferred on insurance. If you had no luck with Prilosec don't bother with OTC omeprazole - it's the same thing (generic of a brand). Nexium is only the active part of Prilosec - and sometimes works significantly better for people. Probably worth trying the OTC - the prescription strength is either 20mg or 40mg, the OTC (Nexium 24hrs) is the same medication but only comes as a 20mg capsule. You could get away with taking 2 of them.. not sure how budget friendly that would be, but definitely less than the prescription cost.  You also might find some pretty good coupons for the OTC stuff.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    14weeks and I've been sick with a cold. Fever, chills, blisters in mouth, swollen gums. I'm so miserable
  • Options
    *** Quick - Help & Opinions Needed!!!*****
    So I had mentioned here that I am still waiting for the genetic resting results (about a specific disease we are carriers for) and it's coming down to the wire on when we are supposed to hear. I just called the office and nothing as of right now.. so most likely we will not hear today or over the weekend. Both DH and I are losing our minds.. but in very different ways. Still communicating well, but just we have different ways of dealing with things and we know that. I have been sitting on the couch crying for days every evening. I'm tired. I have a really strong desire to get away to a little weekend country retreat this weekend. For me, fresh air and time away from home is essential for this weekend. DH feels the exact opposite and wants the comforts of home.

What should we do? We both respect each others opinions, just having different thoughts. Just the thought of staying home is not ok for me right now. Suggestions?  
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 Do you have some girlfriends you could do a girl's weekend with? That way your DH could stay home, but you could get away. 

• Options
    Oh man!! I totally meant to post this in Randoms thread!!! yikes, sorry!
     @camichael84  I thought about that, but I'd rather be with him or alone.. I may spend a lot of time just sitting and reading. Need to relax and I've been crying a lot. I have some supportive great friends, but I don't think I can expect them to sit with me all weekend... :(
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 I did think you may not want to be with others or apart from him, but I thought I'd throw that out there. You could always get away for the weekend by youself. But if you think you'll spend most of the time sitting and reading, it may work to just stay home as your DH would prefer. 

• Options
    @KarenBeth714 - That's really tough, I'm sorry you're still waiting for 1. Also hard when you guys cope with stress/waiting in such different ways. Maybe try to split up the weekend, get out and about for the days but come home to quiet at night. Or even spend 1 night away but be home by Sunday afternoon to have a quiet evening in?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 - If evenings have been your toughest times, maybe spend some time relaxing around the house in the mornings, so DH can have the comforts of home, but then plan big outings for the evenings.  I would suggest trying to do something completely out of the ordinary.  Instead of going to your favorite local restaurant, go somewhere completely different.  Check out Groupon to see if you can find anything fun in your area.  Or, do you have any bigger cities near you?  Maybe take a trip to a different city (even if it's a couple hour drive) for a nice dinner and a stroll downtown or something.  Do you have anything like Gameworks or Dave N Busters?  (Huge arcades that serve food/drinks?)  Even if you're not a big video-gamer, they can be a lot of fun.  A great distraction and a fun, different little date night.  :)  Good luck finding a balance with your husband.  I'm sorry you've been having to play the waiting game for so long now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys, great ideas... Forgot to mention that we live in nyc - and I need nature and fresh air to relax.. thats why the big need to get away. I feel so trapped like I can't breathe. I need to like be at a peaceful lake
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    I feel like I have to pee all. the. time. I'm wondering if I might have a UTI but nothing hurts. I just have to pee all the time. Even if I just went 5 minutes ago. 
  • Options
    @LeahKnits Same here too. I just said almost the exact same statement to my DH last night.

Also, I had dizzy spells for about 2 hours this morning after I got up. I even walked into the wall when trying to walk straight. What the heck? I felt like I was on a carnival ride. I am hoping this is pregnancy-related and not that I'm getting an ear infection or something. :/
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    LeahKnits said:
    I feel like I have to pee all. the. time. I'm wondering if I might have a UTI but nothing hurts. I just have to pee all the time. Even if I just went 5 minutes ago. 
    Same here!! Went to the doc for a UTI and nope just pregnant
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    I'm 14 weeks and the nausea and headaches seem to have subsided...however, I've read just about everywhere and have been told by just about everyone that I'm supposed to have more energy starting now but it does not seem to be the case for me...perhaps it's because the last couple of days have been stressful, crazy and physically exhausting because of work and other things but man, I am feeling sooo tired and exhausted.
    Me: 34, Unexplained Infertility, Hypothyroidism (after being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and radioactive iodine treatment; taking Levothyroxine for hypothryoidism) | DH: 33, no fertility problems

● IUI #1: BFN ● IUI #2: BFN ● IUI #3: BFP 7/11/15 - MC at 8 Weeks  :( ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IUI #5: BFP! 12/29/15, 11dpiui
    1/1/2016 Beta #1 HCG: 58  Progesterone: 49.5
    1/3/2016 Beta #2 HCG:154 Progesterone: 55.9
    1/20/16 Ultrasound #1 6w3d, HB: 114 bpm
    1/29/16 Ultrasound #2 8w0d, HB: 171 bpm

• Options
    @KarenBeth714 you can always hop on the train and head north- I live about an hour north of NYC and there are some great places to do a day trip. Cold Spring is a really adorable and totally beautiful little town on the Hudson River with shops and restaurants- train stops right there too. I work in Peekskill, which is also right on the river- we have a great riverfront park with a few miles worth of walking, plenty of hiking trails and parks in the area, an art museum, adorable shops and great restaurants. FDR park is about 15 minutes north of Peekskill and has trails and paved walking too. Maybe just a day trip would help- and it's a good compromise for DH- you get what you want in a day trip, and he gets to come back home with you. :) At the very least, get to central park and walk around if you can. ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    These boobs. I can't! I went hiking today and felt all great- aside from having to pee a few times in the woods which I never had to do before on my extra long hikes, now this shorter one and I had to pee so much! UGH! Anyway, I tripped on a branch- didn't fall thankfully- but my boobs bounced a little too hard as I caught myself, and it was SO. PAINFUL. 
    And these ligament pains need to be done. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SarahMConnors Just reading that made me wince! I've read that boob soreness goes away during the second trimester so I'm just waiting patiently for it to end too. 

Headaches have really ramped up this past week (week 14/15) the kind that I usually get when I don't sleep enough (but I am). Trying to drink enough water and hope that helps. Prenatal yoga helped some earlier and I'm going to sleep with the snoogle pillow tonight in hopes I won't end up on my back since my neck always ends up at a wonky angle when I do which is probably adding to the headaches. 
  • Options
    I HATE getting up to pee at 4:55, considering my alarm goes off 20 mins later. This needs to stop bc I can't get back to sleep and I feel jipped of rest. Plus it's soooo damn hard getting out of bed when it's pitch black outside and raining. #couldsleepforever
  • Options

Reading these are making me feel better, I thought something was wrong with me this weekend. 15+ weeks, and I am exhausted all the time. This weekend I slept late, napped and went to bed super early each day, and was tired when I was awake.  And I've heard "you get more energy second tri!!!" - ummmm what?

Also - still having bad headaches. Three in the last week. My neurologist told me that 70% of women see improvement in their headaches during pregnancy - hello 30%.

• Options
    Thanks guys! The update is that my MIL spoke to DH and told him that getting out of the city this weekend would be the best thing for me and baby. We found a great Inn around a lake in Sullivan County. We went to a glass blowing museum and hiked around the lake. We enjoyed some fresh air and had a really nice breakfast. ( Which I threw up a little bit later on! still ms at 15 weeks!) But I felt much better after the weekend. Then i woke up this morning to the harsh realities that I will be hearing back from the genetics counselor today or tomorrow and I'm back at square one with the way I'm feeling. 
    ttcal May 2016