July 2015 Moms
Options

Great article for babies not sleeping trough the night!!

n3na94n3na94 member
edited March 2016 in July 2015 Moms
Hi mamas! I found this article on Facebook and if your baby is not sleeping through the night, i thought this article was interesting. 
I know as mamas we do what is best for them so I don't know if I agree with everything but overall it was an interesting read.

Comment below mamas if you read it and what you thought! Happy Wednesday!! :smile: 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/its-evolution-baby#.ktpwkxZJn

Re: Great article for babies not sleeping trough the night!!

• Options
    Thank you for sharing this. 

I think I've also read that before the industrial revolution, it was common for adults to have two sleeps. First sleep (4ish hours) would happen, then the adults would get writing or other crafts done, maybe have sex, party, whatever for about four hours, then they'd go down for second sleep (4ish hours). 

The industrial revolution has been the culprit in many articles I've regarding the change in our sleeping. It's really interesting. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for posting! Wow, just what I needed. I'm getting tired and thought okay I need to try something, CIO idk but something. Now reading this it's helped me get back to me and realize she's a baby and she's going to wake! I'll survive. She needs me right now and she's only little for so long. In our bed sheMll stay lol for now at least.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for posting! Wow, just what I needed. I'm getting tired and thought okay I need to try something, CIO idk but something. Now reading this it's helped me get back to me and realize she's a baby and she's going to wake! I'll survive. She needs me right now and she's only little for so long. In our bed sheMll stay lol for now at least.
    You're welcome!! I read it and it really made me think and like you said they are just babies! I love the part where it says they are just getting smarter!! Lol our babies are such geniuses! :blush: 
  • Options

micshi said:
    Thank you for sharing this. 

I think I've also read that before the industrial revolution, it was common for adults to have two sleeps. First sleep (4ish hours) would happen, then the adults would get writing or other crafts done, maybe have sex, party, whatever for about four hours, then they'd go down for second sleep (4ish hours). 

The industrial revolution has been the culprit in many articles I've regarding the change in our sleeping. It's really interesting. 
    No problem! I thought it was very interesting also! Lots of good information!