June 2016 Moms

Stretch marks on legs

So I woke up this morning noticing red stretch marks on the inside of my knee caps, towards the inside of my legs where they touch together where you sit. 
Has anyone experienced that? And do they fade after pregnancy? A really odd, gross place to have them. :( 

Re: Stretch marks on legs

• Stretch marks on the inside of your knee caps seems to be a weird place for stretch marks IMO.  My first stretch marks with DS1 were on the inside of my thighs and then my hips, followed by my stomach. 

Stretchmarks do fade after pregnancy.  I had really good luck with the It Works stretch mark cream, and can't wait to go back to using it PP.  Be sure and apply lots of sunscreen as well.
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Are they still there? My first thought was a line from having a pillow between your knees or something?

i thought I was in the clear from stretch marks last pregnancy. I got them a week before I was due and they were on my hips and breast. They do fade though! At least mine did
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • I got them all around the backs and sides of my calfs from DS due to swelling. Mine have faded almost completely.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a lot of stretch marks as a teen because I had an awkwardly abrupt growth spurt and then never grew again (at 9. It was really bizarre) and I've used cocoa butter twice a day since I was in the 6th grade. My stretch marks are hardly noticeable. Since I got pregnant I have a pretty extreme routine of Bio oil, letting that dry, and then cocoa butter on top twice a day and no stretch marks anywhere yet. I'm sure I'll get a few in the third tri as I get closer to delivery but this stuff has been miraculous and I know a couple of other girls who did the same routine and don't have any scars pp. 
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't gotten any new stretch marks this pregnancy... yet but the only ones I do have are on my boobs from when they grew overnight after I started birth control 5 years ago. I seem to be acquiring spider veins instead of stretch marks.

My brother, oddly enough, has some on the backs of his knees where he went through a weird growth spurt in high school but they've faded as he's gotten older and you can barely see them now.
  • I had a friend who got them in the same spot, so does happen! 
  • Yours are red? Are they stretch marks or spider veins? I have always had spider veins in the same spot you are describing (I love to sit cross legged) and they've gotten noticeably worse during pregnancy. If it's spider veins and not stretch marks, and they don't lighten after / bother you, there are lots of treatment options. 
    What mine look like for comparison:

• @HBamama2B Thanks for posting your picture. They aren't small like yours. It's like one long red crooked line. And it's a little further to the right where the leg creases. Not sure if it's stretch marks or varicose veins, but I always thought varicose veins were purple. 
  • It depends. Varicose and spider veins can come in a range of colors. As long as it isn't painful, it shouldn't cause an issue but I might show it to an OB at your next apt just to be sure. GL!!
  • I had zero stretch marks until the end of my first pregnancy then they popped up EVERYWHERE, including the inside of my knees. They faded to the point where you'd only see them if you were looking for them and an inch away from them. I was so glad! When they appeared I thought that was the end of shorts for me. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @Boonhilde oh that makes me feel much better! Thanks for your comment. :)