Babies on the Brain

Frustrated Rant

How do you deal with those people that are pregnant or wanting to be pregnant so badly that they are convinced everyone else is pregnant?

Two female acquaintance of mine are convince that EVERY woman they are encounter is pregnant, especially since they both announce they pregnant. It always been annoying, but lately it getting worse. It could be I'm just more sensitive since I got injured and decide to wait on TTC, but their insistence on my being pregnant has had me near tears several times the last couple days. I know I'm not and that I won't be pregnant anytime soon, by choice, but I still wish I was pregnant a lot of the time. I wish I avoid them, but that mean avoid my doctor office and that not possible if I want to heal.

Anyone have suggestions on how to deal with them?

Re: Frustrated Rant

• KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited March 2016
    Punch them in the throat then walk away
  • Loading the player...
  • I like where KarliQ's head is, but I'm not sure that will help. :) I'd go br0co1ii's route. If they still persist, then throat punch them. 
    Married: 10-2-2010
    Punk's birthday: 3-28-17
  • Who does that to people? They sound awful. I'd probably make some remark like @br0co1ii and hopefully that'd get them to shut up. If it didn't I'd get harsher until they felt really awful about themselves. You shouldn't have to put up with that!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I work with 4 pregnant women. I've been getting this same thing, and they mean well, but have no idea how much it bothers me when they make those comments. I like the first advice you received and may use it myself.
  • Thank you for all for the wonderful advice. While no punching happened, the advice helped and they have stopped.