January 2016 Moms

Reglan for lactation

Has anyone been prescribed Reglan to increase milk supply? If so, did you see an increase? And did you or LO have any side effects?

Re: Reglan for lactation

• Following this thread with interest!  Meeting with my endocrinologist this Friday to see if my thyroid levels are causing my low supply but if not, I'm going to get her opinion on Reglan or the other drug (starts with a d - I'm blanking on the name currently.)

I admit I'm concerned about the depression side effects with Reglan.  I had pretty intense baby blues, then I thought they passed, but I've been pretty up and down the last couple of days, emotionally, so I'm a little wary about throwing something with depression side effects into the mix.  But... if it really works and increases supply substantially I would be tempted.  I'm only getting about 8oz a day right now.  :/
  • That's definitely my concern with taking it too. My OBGYN didn't even talk about the side effects so I guess he's not worried about them, but they sound like they could be pretty bad. 

And it sounds like we're in the same boat with producing very little. My LO normally eats about 5oz per feeding, but is going through a growth spurt and is eating 7-9oz. I'm definitely not even close to keeping up! 

Please let me know what your endo says!
  • Loading the player...
  • AchaeAchae member
    ericak525 said:
    That's definitely my concern with taking it too. My OBGYN didn't even talk about the side effects so I guess he's not worried about them, but they sound like they could be pretty bad. 

And it sounds like we're in the same boat with producing very little. My LO normally eats about 5oz per feeding, but is going through a growth spurt and is eating 7-9oz. I'm definitely not even close to keeping up! 

Please let me know what your endo says!
    7-9oz bottles of breastmilk at once? Are you paced feeding? Even 5 oz is at the high range. Someone with oversupply could barely keep up with that kind of feeding.