November 2016 Moms
Options

Travel plans/flying?

I was scheduled to fly to NYC for work this week and was curious if anyone else was flying soon. I did a bunch of research and it all seems to confirm there are no added risks to fly before 36 wks.  It was even noted that the scan machines at security are safe  (until further data comes in.)  I opted to do a pat down to be safe, and got some ginger candy in case of any nausea.
Me: 32 DH: 37
BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

Re: Travel plans/flying?

• Options
    Totally safe! Enjoy your trip! I wish I was going somewhere, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Everything I'm reading says it's safe! Stay hydrated! I might have a work trip at the end of March and have a planned vacation at the end of April! Only thing I'm worried about is I get motion sickness when flying. Will have to find out if Dramamine is safe...
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been told it's completely safe at this stage. Pack plenty of fluids and snacks to keep you satisfied. My only planned vacation is at the beginning of May. We're taking a 2 week road trip with multiple stops. I'm just worried about being uncomfortable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In lieu of Dramamine, I used to use the bracelet things for motion sickness when I would go on boats when I was little. The pressure points actually help.
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

• Options
    hellopartyof5hellopartyof5 member
    edited February 2016
    I'm going on a flight in late April, it's totally fine! I do opt to be pat down rather than go through the security machines because I'm a nervous Nellie. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    XmomXXmomX member
    I flew at 6 weeks during my last pregnancy, and everything turned out just fine.  That being said I was miserably sick with morning (all day) sickness which was only exasberated by flying so that kind of sucked.  Hope your going somewhere good!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My RE says Dramamine is fine during pregnancy, but if you want to avoid meds, get the sea band bracelets from target ($10) or ginger candy (I tried finding this before a cruise I went on last week - nowhere to be found! I'm open to suggestions on where to get this). 
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I flew to France at 5 weeks last time I was pregnant and everything was fine. Hope you have a safe trip!

Im actually in the opposite boat - my dad just booked tickets to France in mid-October and I don't know what to do. I don't know if we'd be able to switch our tickets. Le sigh. :(

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Options
    Candy: try the preggie pop drops, at babies r us, motherhood maternity stores, etc.  Also Target sells cold packs that you Crack and they turn cold - Put one on the back of your neck, and it helps SO much!
  • Options
    Have fun! I flew at 20 weeks with my DD. I opted for the pat-down to be on the extra safe side. Snacks and a water bottle were a must. And depending how long your flight is you might want to take some walks up and down the aisle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I traveled every other week for work with DD until 24 weeks. Get TSA pre-check and/or GES for international. You won't regret it. 
  • Options
    I am flying to NYC in April and Vegas in May. The only thing I plan to do different than usual on flight is request a pat down instead of the scanners. I think the scanners are safe, but after having 1 miscarriage I like to be extra cautious about any potential hazards. I also booked aisle seats so I can stretch out and get to the bathroom easier. 
  • Options
    I will be flying in 2 weeks and again in May. I am a little nervous about feeling sick because I already get such bad motion sickness. I will definitely be buying the pressure bracelets and ginger candy!
  • Options
    I traveled the day after I found out I am preggers, earlier this week. It was fine even with a 2.5 delay.  Just thirstier than normal. 
    Baby J #2 due 11.12.16
    Sydney Elizabeth born 9.24.14

• Options
    I flew to France at 5 weeks last time I was pregnant and everything was fine. Hope you have a safe trip!

Im actually in the opposite boat - my dad just booked tickets to France in mid-October and I don't know what to do. I don't know if we'd be able to switch our tickets. Le sigh. :(
    Update: he just asked if we could switch the trip to May! So relieved because I was super stressed about that and we are not quite ready to announce to our families yet. 

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Options

Update: he just asked if we could switch the trip to May! So relieved because I was super stressed about that and we are not quite ready to announce to our families yet. 
    PHEW! You totally wouldn't have been able to go in mid-October!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

PHEW! You totally wouldn't have been able to go in mid-October!
    I know - I was really bummed out. The purpose of the trip is for my grandparents to meet their great-grandchildren (my daughter and my sister's two girls). Glad I can still go and that I don't have to spill the beans to my family just yet...