Infertility

No IF support group in my state?!?!?!!??

I've just realized something outrageous about my state. I live in Rhode Island and discovered that there is no IF support group available through the fertility clinic I go to, the specialized Women & Infant's Hospital, or any other place that I could find. How is that possible?! I even called Women & Infants Hospital, which is supposed to special in the care of women and infants, and all I got in response from a rude person on the phone was that they don't have a support group for logistical reasons and there's nothing they can do to change that. Are you freaking kidding me?!?!? I know there are other supports available to someone dealing with IF, like individual counseling. But I've tried that before and it hasn't helped. I also know of the organization, RESOLVE, which is great but the closest support group they offer is in Massachusetts and a 40 minute car ride. Plus, I live in Rhode Island. I shouldn't have to travel to another state to find a support group. It is outrageous that there are not more supports available to people dealing with IF in my state. Dealing with IF is isolating and difficult. I really feel like meeting people going through the same thing face to face will help me with this IF journey. Which is not to say that this message board doesn't help, because it does. I'm just feeling frustrated because there seems to be nothing I can do to change this. 

About Us:
Me - 31  DH - 31
Married: October 2013
TTC: June 2014
In treatment with RE: September 2015
Diagnosed Anovulation 
Cycle #1 on clomid - BFN
Cycle #2 on clomid - BFN
Cycle #3 on clomid - BFN
Cycle #4 treatment on hold for rubella vaccine
Cycle #5 on  Letrozole/Metformin - results mid March

Re: No IF support group in my state?!?!?!!??

• I'm so sorry, that is frustrating. I wonder if there is a counselor who focuses on infertility in your area that might be able to point you in the right direction. I met someone who I believe was from RI and they were going to a support group. I wish I had their contact info and could find out!  I wonder if you could reach out to resolve and maybe even start your own group? Wishing you the best. 
  • Hey. ..I live in CT and Isaw that RESOLVE has many throughout the state,  but totally agree you shouldn't have to travel to get to a support group :/ so frustrating 
  • Loading the player...
  • I know it is discouraging, but I am sure it has to do with small state size, population sizes, the amount of people interested in IF support groups, funding, etc. 

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker