Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Sleep problem with my 25 months old

Hi moms,
and
I am so lost so i decided to try and see if anyone has advice. Our daughter 25 months was a great sleeper, would sleep through the night and naps. Since she turned 2 she started to sleep horrible, every night she would wake up and cry (scream) until we go to her and then she wouldn't go back to sleep unless she is in our bed next to us. Sometimes she would cry when we would put her down to sleep. The naps also got horrible, every time i would put her for her nap she would start screaming and screaming until i take her downstairs. I know she is tired and needs her naps, if she doesn't sleep she is cranky. She is not getting good sleep and we are not either. We tried to do CIO , but she would cry for 1.5 half and even if i do go inside and try to be next to her she still is crying. 

I should also mention that we moved my other daughter who is 8 months into her room to share about 2 months ago. 

Any advice or anyone go through this ?

I am also going to the DR with her just to check her and see what advice she might give me. I know at 2 they go through sleep regression, but this is the worst i have ever been through. 

Thank you.

Re: Sleep problem with my 25 months old

• Options
    Is she sick? Ear infection? Teething?
  • Options
    No she is not, doesn't look like teething either. I don't know what to do anymore. We gave her toys and she just doesn't care , gave her a pillow she doesn't want it, she has a light so it's not dark ( always had it) , nothing changed except moving our youngest in the room next to her crib. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mmedov01 said:
    No she is not, doesn't look like teething either. I don't know what to do anymore. We gave her toys and she just doesn't care , gave her a pillow she doesn't want it, she has a light so it's not dark ( always had it) , nothing changed except moving our youngest in the room next to her crib. 

I must have missed that part. That's probably the problem right there! Perhaps it will take time for her to adjust to the change.

I think at this point she knows that you will cave and take her out if she cries enough. She probably wants to be in your bed because that's what she prefers AND I think she's probably overly tired so the pattern just keeps repeating. She's probably exhausted (you too).

Have you only tried letting her cry one time? And she cried for an hour and a half? I hesitate to use the term CIO because you don't really just leave her and not come back. What about waiting 15 minutes, going in, reassuring her you're there then leaving again? Give it another 15 minutes and repeat.

• Options
    This sounds very familiar.  I have not been on the Bump in awhile but I was coming on tonight to ask about issues w/ toddler separation anxiety.  I don't have any answers, but we are dealing with a very similar issue w/ our son who is 29 months.  
    TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker