November 2016 Moms
Options

~Monday Ticker Change Check-In~

edited February 2016 in November 2016 Moms
So this thread is for people who are starting a new week today (although at this point, there's really not a range of weeks like there will be later in the month when more friends join us). If you're 4 weeks today, 5 weeks today, etc, this is for you!

Week: four!
What's new with baby (size, development): Well apparently we've hit poppy seed size, so there's that. This question is lame for a little while.
What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: I stopped myself from buying nonmaternity clothes the other day, but that's about it, haha.
Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Every day I wake up waiting for the shitty feeling to hit - hasn't yet, but i know there's time. I think it took me until about 6 weeks with DD1. I think I'm finally ready to not pee on a stick every day/more than once a day. Everything is very dark and looking good, I might be able to stop the crazy train and get off in a couple days.
When is your next appointment: Not until 3/24 for an US, and then 3/31 to see my dr.
GTKY: If you were trapped on an island with one food, what would it be? Bagels.

eta: I forgot Week # at the top
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ~Monday Ticker Change Check-In~

• Options
    Week: four

What's new with baby (size, development):
     Poppy seed according to my ticker. 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: H bought us a baby name book...and he bought himself a first time dad book...he's very excited haha.  Other than that I haven't done anything new, except stop drinking alcohol obviously. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I'm not able to eat my morning cereal and milk anymore.  It makes me feel nauseated.  Appetite has increased. Sore boobs, fatigue, some cramping. A lot of bloat.  Other than that I feel great and I will gladly take all these yucky symptoms!

When is your next appointment: I will be calling my RE to scheduled that today.

GTKY: If you were trapped on an island with one food, what would it be? Well right now it would be breaded chicken since that's what I seem to want lately.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    @ShallowSeas all I have wanted is Chick Fil A, which I never have. And I'm so annoyed, because it's only in the mall here, and that's way too much effort, haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: I am harassing my husband about names. I like to know what name we'll use for either sex before the end of the first trimester. 
    Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I actually have pretty bad nausea this time around. I don't usually so this is uncomfortable. I told my very close friend (who had awful morning sickness throughout her pregnancy) and she, in the true fashion of a good friend, goes "HA! Deal with it!" which I thought was perfect, hah. We just have that sort of friendship.
    When is your next appointment: Had a beta drawn this morning. Should hear in the next few hours what my level is. I'll do another on Wednesday then book my first U/S. I'll still be with the fertility clinic for a few weeks before I transfer to OB care. 
    GTKY: If you were trapped on an island with one food, what would it be? Do drinks count? Tea. I cannot live my life without tea. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Options
    @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt - my husband is the WORST to talk names with. We usually end up arguing, haha. He doesn't want to talk about it until we know the sex, and I want to hammer it out now! Drives me insane.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Talkthewholetime I tend to be... a little emotional during pregnancy and when I was around 8 weeks pregnant with our first, I burst into tears and sobbed for about two hours because I felt like he wasn't committed to being a parent because he wouldn't talk names with me. I honestly think he's terrified of that happening again so he just sort of 'yes dears' his way through everything now. 
    K.

• Options
    @Talkthewholetime I tend to be... a little emotional during pregnancy and when I was around 8 weeks pregnant with our first, I burst into tears and sobbed for about two hours because I felt like he wasn't committed to being a parent because he wouldn't talk names with me. I honestly think he's terrified of that happening again so he just sort of 'yes dears' his way through everything now. 
    Hahaha sounds about right. My H has the WORST taste in names too, we have such a hard time agreeing. The fact that we managed to name our DD was probably a once in a lifetime event.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hahaha sounds about right. My H has the WORST taste in names too, we have such a hard time agreeing. The fact that we managed to name our DD was probably a once in a lifetime event.
    We are so screwed if we have another boy. So, so screwed. We have several girls' names agreed upon but boys names are likely to be a battlefield again. Had our daughter been a boy, the kid probably still wouldn't have a name (she's five.)
    K.

• Options
    DD's name is Summer, and the only girl name DH will consider is Autumn.

That wouldn't work here either, haha. 

We had a long list of traditional Scottish or Scottish-associated boys names, but then last night my husband decided he likes Jack and Duncan. While Duncan keeps with the general theme, it does not go well with our last name which is two syllables and starts with D, so the kid would inevitably be called Duncan Doughnuts.

I can get on board with Jack, but it's gotten so popular so I'm iffy. 
    K.

• Options
    MH wanted to name our child Trinity if it was a girl because "it's a traditional irish name".  No... no it's not.  It is a stripper name.  

Sorry if any of your children are named Trinity.  I also have a stripper name and I turned out fine :) 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    DD's name is Summer, and the only girl name DH will consider is Autumn.

That wouldn't work here either, haha. 

We had a long list of traditional Scottish or Scottish-associated boys names, but then last night my husband decided he likes Jack and Duncan. While Duncan keeps with the general theme, it does not go well with our last name which is two syllables and starts with D, so the kid would inevitably be called Duncan Doughnuts.

I can get on board with Jack, but it's gotten so popular so I'm iffy. 
    I suggested Duncan and then remembered how much I love Dunkin Donuts and realized it would be a joke his entire life.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @nauticallife It makes me think of the Matrix. Wouldn't be able to use Zoe either since it makes me think of Firefly.

K.

• Options
    @nauticallife As someone who was born and raised in Ireland I can confirm that it's definitely not a traditional Irish name :p Never met a Trinity in my life. 
    I'm 34, SO 39
    TTC since July 2015
    Unexplained infertility - delayed/weak ovulation but don't know why
    BFP Feb 2016 MC at 6.5 weeks
    Started Clomid November 2016
    BFP March 2017 (third cycle on Clomid) HCG failed to rise, MC at 6 weeks.
    IUI July 2017 BFP which turned out to be CP
    IVF scheduled for Feb 2018

• Options
    @nauticallife As someone who was born and raised in Ireland I can confirm that it's definitely not a traditional Irish name :p Never met a Trinity in my life. 
    I'm 34, SO 39
    TTC since July 2015
    Unexplained infertility - delayed/weak ovulation but don't know why
    BFP Feb 2016 MC at 6.5 weeks
    Started Clomid November 2016
    BFP March 2017 (third cycle on Clomid) HCG failed to rise, MC at 6 weeks.
    IUI July 2017 BFP which turned out to be CP
    IVF scheduled for Feb 2018

• Options
    Hahaha.... I have a "stage" name, too that my dad picked. Tell DH that there are plenty of other Irish female names.  Rachel is currently my favorite one. 
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

• Options
    YESSS @Orlaa actual proof for MH lol. See an actual Irish person had vetoed this! Lolol 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018