Babies on the Brain

Does anyone else deal with this, not sure if its my age(in regards to my period/ovulation)

MsMae79MsMae79 member
edited February 2016 in Babies on the Brain
I am going to be 37 this summer, recently I have noticed my periods have become LONGER! So instead of just having a 7 day period its gone on to be more like 14. I will lightly spot the week prior to my period and then I will have full on bleeding for the next 5 to 7 days. When I was about 10 years younger probably not even that long ago my period was exactly every 28 days and 7 days long. Has anyone else dealt with this and has this caused any issues with conceiving? We are looking to start trying for a baby in the next year or so... Thank you for any help ladies. I should add I have had three previous pregnancies which resulted in three healthy babies :-) I have never had any issues getting pregnant previously. I would say I am quite fertile. I guess this change has made me a little nervous it might cause issues for us later. :-( 
BabyGaga

Re: Does anyone else deal with this, not sure if its my age(in regards to my period/ovulation)

• My period has changed the older I've gotten. But not that much. It always Lasted 5 days and was every 28 days. I'm now every 24 days and 4-5 days. Not much change really. I'm only 27 though no kids yet. But 14 days seems like a very long time to me. I would bring that up to your physician. 
  • Will do. Thank you for the response. I think I am going to set up a pre-pregnancy check up just to make sure everything is okay and we have the green like to go ahead! :smiley: 
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Interesting...  My period has actually gotten shorter and lighter as I've gotten older.