August 2016 Moms

Crafty Mommas

Has anyone started cute projects for the nursery or baby or even shower? Share pics and your plans!! 

Re: Crafty Mommas

• skelly70skelly70 member
    edited February 2016
    I haven't started yet, but in the next week or so, I'll be buying yarn to crochet a blanket. I'll
    use the same pattern that I used for DS's blanket, but I'll do brighter summer colors (he got wintery colors since he was a Feb baby).

edit: autocorrect fail
  • I bought some flannel and made my own burp cloths. Other than that. I am a Pinterest junkie, looking for and pinning projects that almost never get started, let alone completed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Last weekend my hubby made pallet bookshelves that we plan to stain and put in the nursery, but they aren't finished yet. We're planning on some other projects too but haven't started anything else yet! I'm getting really excited for it though :)
  • I saw this board on July2016 and considered starting it! I haven't started anything yet but once I find out what this baby is I'm planning something!
  • I bought fabric for a baby blanket (and some to make one for my cousin's baby, due in May), but I haven't started sewing yet. I love that minky fabric like in @caitlinj187 's swaddle above. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @caitlinj187 oooh I want to try one of those! How hard was it? I'm still in the learning phase of sewing.
  • @court5608 it's a pretty easy pattern, but I got some very thick fabric which can be a little bit tricky if your learning. However the only way to know is to try!! Just get a little extra fabric and get the feel for how to push/pull it around to do curves and whatnot. Good luck, and post a pic if you end up making one!! ☺️
  • Bringing this back. Since I can't do anything for the actual room due to renovations, I have kick started the sewing projects. I have finished the crib skirt and at least one change pad cover (total cost is less than $1 per change pad since I had all of the material from years ago when I owned my company. I just needed to buy the elastic, I will be making about 4 more for under $3 total cost!) I plan on having a lot more done this weekend and the upcoming ones to help with the nesting that I can't do. 

Anyone else doing crafts or working on their nursery?
  • @midwestbaby Where did you order the wooden animals from? They are so cute! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • @midwestbaby Where did you order the wooden animals from? They are so cute! 
    I got them from a website called the wooden wagon. :) 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• @AmandaG225 what about dream? 

@midwestbaby that is so cute! I love the orange also.
  • I'm feeling behind on this... I plan to sew some burp cloths, bandanna bibs, and maybe a few other things as well as various other projects for the nursery. I'm now realizing that there's four months and counting. Time to get moving!
  • I started making the center pieces for our shower that my mom is doing , I love the way they came out 
  • I've still only made 1 burp cloth, but I did pick out fabric for my BFF to make a blanket, and curtains for Baby's room. I have tons of ideas... and I bought some paint today, for another project for the Nursery, but I just need to make time to get stuff made!
  • I am a crafty momma wanna be! I would love (if any of you have templates or instructions for the burp cloths) that you could post them here for me.  :)
  • @jamiesc58 there are great ones on pinterest. Pinterest if fantastic for ideas or most diy's. I have my own template...not in a pdf or any form. But this is a quick one that I found. https://www.mabeyshemadeit.com/best-absorbent-burp-cloth-ever/
  • I have an entire room for my sewing and crafting, yet I've done nothing yet. Started getting the room cleaned up today so I can get in there next week and start making stuff. I plan to make a blanket for my baby, and my friend who just had her baby boy last night. And maybe some burp cloths and other little things. Need to go fabric shopping this weekend! We've had so much to do with renovating a couple rooms, there's finally a lull where I can't do anything, so hopefully I get things done in "my room" now! 
  • I'm not too crafty but for my shower going do a couple of arts and crafts...one is pick a letter from the alphabet and make a scrapbook page about it. Next going get building blocks wooden and some markers and design a block. Lastly we are not going to find out what we are having so I saw this and thought it was a perfect idea 
  • When we were TTC, I found this adorable yarn and stashed it away for a baby blanket if I got pregnant. I started working on the blanket off and on at 12 weeks  :)
  • I just finished crocheting an afghan for my new nephew. Now I can move on to an afghan for baby girl. DH will be the one doing the most "crafting". He'll build floating shelves as well as a bookcase just like he did for DS's room. SIL is also a pretty creative painter and she'll be doing several large canvases for the walls. She did this for DS's room, too.
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I've started crocheting a blanket for the nursery
  • I have started many projects but haven't finished yet.  I am working to find someone to finish up a baby quilt, sewed three crib sheets, and need to sew the crib skirt.  I love all of these projects!
  • @peachgal23 love the idea of a cozy corner! DD still loves to sit and rock with me when we read books at night, so I know she is going to miss her chair. Maybe a cozy corner will help make that change a bit easier.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @JEMN... LOVE the HP reference! I may need to find a picture with that saying now!  
  • @Lynnlove28... I was going to get letters and paint them, but you have just inspired me to mod podge them instead! Think I'm going to do that this week, but I'm going to have to get enough for all 3 kids... don't think my kids will be happy with me if baby has his name all cool like on the wall and they don't ;)