October 2015 Moms
Options

Late onset PPD??

Anyone every experience late onset ppd? I don't know if this its whats going on or just life. 
DH has been gone a month. He moved to get us settled to where were all moving next month. So he'll be gone another month.
Well LO who was sleeping through the night is now up literally every half hour unless shes in bed with me. I never wanted to cosleep. Im against it (to each their own, but its not for me)  i feel guilty shes sleeping in bed with me. I do start her in her crib but after about the 20th time and 430am rolls around i bring her in with me. 
I feel like all i do is pray shell sleep, try to get her to sleep, or be afraid shes going to wake up when she does sleep. 
Im so tired all the time and im overwhelmed about the move and still working full time.  Most of the time i cant stop crying. 
I never have any bad thoughts toward LO ...except "my god child why wont you sleep" im not afraid that ill do anything to her, but i feel like a complete failure. 
I know i know "call the dr. " is going to be the obvious answer. It just seems like everyone else can handle this so why cant i. 

Re: Late onset PPD??

• Options
    You certainly are not alone!  The sleep regression is hard, let alone doing it on your own with your husband away!  Postpartum depression can occur anytime within a year after delivery.  What you are experiencing certainly could be hormonal, but add a change in your normal routine (with hubby gone) and the sleep deprivation it can feel so desperate at times.  I do encourage you to call the doc and maybe talk to someone.  Do you have friends or family near by that can watch the baby for a few hours so you can get some sleep? Or even just go out on your own??
    i can say, it will get better.  You won't feel this way forever and maybe talking to someone will help speed that process along!  
  • Options
    I want you to know you are not alone! Sleep deprivation is probably playing a huge role in the way you feel but you really should talk you your doctor. I was crying everyday up until 2 months postpartum and my sister convinced me to talk to my NP. I've been on Zoloft for a couple of months now and I feel 95% better! I'm back to my old self.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KristynLee15KristynLee15 member
    edited February 2016
    Ive been fine up until these last 2 weeks. I think im just completely.overwhelmed with the move (its hard on my mom and shes making me feel bad-not purposely ) DH being gone, ive been feeling really bad about.my body so ive been trying to diet and work out every day, i cook dinner for my dad every day. I think i have a lot on my plate. 
    I hate the thought of medication (unless it will help me lose weight!)-long stoty by my brother died of an OD related to anxiety meds.
    But good news!!!! Last night LO and i slept.in bed from 7pm  until 12 am! Got up changed her fed her, had her down in her crib at 1am and she slept until 6!! 
    Im wondering if maybe what i was taking as her last nap should have been when im putting her down. Were going to try that tonight. 
    But thank you both for your advice and sharing your stories. It really feels good to know im not alone. Not that i wish anyone feel this way, but misery loves company right. 
    Definitely,  if it doesnt keep improving this week i will go to the doctor. Tha ks so much for the support! ! Ive decided to focus on diet, and use my extra hour between work and picking up LO to relax instead of forcing a workout on myself. 

• Options
    Hang in there mama! You're so right though, taking whatever extra time you have to yourself for relaxing is exactly what you need and is so hard to remember to do. I think a happy mom equals a happy baby. But definitely reach out if you need help! 
  • Options
    Definitely focus on diet (with real and healthy options) and remember that sleep helps you lose weight too!  So squeeze some naps in when you can!  When you are seriously sleep deprived, slee is just as beneficial as working out!
  • Options
    Ive been doing really well with myndiet and physically feel better! Last night was a good night! Its now 8pm and LO is down, im expecting a wake up around 12 and then 4 or 5, but i can totally handle that!! 
    I hope sleep helps me lose weight!
  • Options
    This is exactly what I am going through to! You are not alone! I'm going to the Dr tomorrow to see what's up but I could have written this post. It's so stressful. I feel like someone punched me in the chest everytime he wakes at night and I feel like I can't breathe! Ugh 
  • Options
    Seriously, its sooo hard. Ive been feeling a little better sonce shes been sleeping a lottle better. But today she started with a rotten sounding cough so im terrified shes not going to sleep now :( 
    I hate the thought of going to the dr and having them look at me like im crazy and a whimp. Let me know how it goes!!! Good luck mama!!