August 2016 Moms

Ideas to liven up the board?

I know quite a few of you have mentioned our board tends to be a little slow and I agree. It seems like the best (or most entertaining) discussions are on our weekly threads (UO, FFFC, etc.), and that was true for my previous BMB as well. What about starting a couple more? Tuesdays in particular are empty (as far as I know) and I think we could add another one on Wed. too since all we have is HDBD (which is great, just doesn't generate a lot of discussion). 

Here are some weekly thread ideas I have. What do you think? What ideas do the rest of you have?

Small Victories (i.e. I made it three whole days before opening the Girl Scout cookies!)
First World Problems (i.e. I took my new car to the carwash and lost satellite radio signal.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ideas to liven up the board?

• I say just start them up and see what happens!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like both of those topics and should start them this week for sure!
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Loading the player...
  • Every time I open this thread, I remember that I have girls scout cookies I the pantry, and then lose track of what I'm doing before I get there. I'm game for the new weekly threads :) 
  • These sound fun! 

I cleaned the house finally this weekend, but only because my in-laws came to visit...it still counts as a small victory right? 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• I agree that the open forums/bitch fests are the most fun. When the subject is broad, more people will contribute. And I think if everyone pulls back on the board organization/policing it will create a more welcoming atmosphere and encourage fun people to stick around. 
  • These sound fun! 

I cleaned the house finally this weekend, but only because my in-laws came to visit...it still counts as a small victory right? 
    Yes! I finally cleaned our house yesterday because we had friends come over for dinner, I consider this a large victory for though because my energy is still lacking. 
  • I agree with a previous poster, I have felt nervous about posting my own question because I'm thinking "should this be under Monday bitchfest?" But sometimes it is specific and I feel that people's comments would get more replies if it wasn't hidden under 200 other responses. I get that sometimes posts can be redundant, but on the other hand, it's often more interesting to have shorter threads to read and respond to.