Baby Names

Elias?

I think I finally fell in love with a boy name. But we may have two problems with it. Our last name sounds a lot like "back-us". Do the "as" and "us" at the end sound weird? And our first sons name is Ezra. Is it too matchy? And what do you think about the name in general? 

Re: Elias?

• I like Elias, but not with your last name. Suggest 

Elijah 
    Issac 
    Isaiah 
    Gideon 
    Levi
    Abram
    Eli
    Gabriel 
    Jasper
    Seth
    Samuel 
  • I like Elias, but not with your last name. Suggest 

Elijah 
    Issac 
    Isaiah 
    Gideon 
    Levi
    Abram
    Eli
    Gabriel 
    Jasper
    Seth
    Samuel 
    Agreed. I love Eli/jah and it's a bit matchy with Ezra but not so much that I'd side eye it if I heard it 
  • Loading the player...
  • In your case, the rhyme-y name doesn't bother me. I've been told (and take this with a grain of salt) that rhyming names can be memorable on resumes if they aren't cutesy, and I don't think your Elias "back-us" is cutesy at all. I like it. I also love the name Elias.
  • I like Elias, and I think it goes fine with Ezra, but I don't think it goes well with your last name.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Love Elias and think it goes fine with Ezra as well as the last name.
  • I think it's fine!
  • I also love it and think it goes well with the last name. For the most part in his life, if he is using his full name it'll likely be on paper (i.e. resume, application), and not said out loud too often anyway. If there are two Elias' in his classroom at school he would likely be Elias B (whatever initial your last name begins with) and not saying the whole name if it's something you're unsure of. Personally though I don't think it sounds bad at all.
  • In your case, the rhyme-y name doesn't bother me. I've been told (and take this with a grain of salt) that rhyming names can be memorable on resumes if they aren't cutesy, and I don't think your Elias "back-us" is cutesy at all. I like it. I also love the name Elias.
    I second this