October 2016 Moms
Options

Progesterone Level

Hey Everyone!  I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and just got my progesterone level back.  It was 5.4 and the standard range for the first trimester is 4.1-34.1.  I have been reading that progesterone should be higher and I'm really worried.  My doctor office released my results through a portal and it wasn't flagged.  I don't know if I'm stressing out over something stupid but I saw this result on the weekend and cannot call the office until tomorrow.  Is this happening to anyone else? 

Re: Progesterone Level

• Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited February 2016
    Not happening to me but I wouldn't be too stressed. I don't think you're crazy for wanting to call the doctor tomorrow, but remember, your results are within normal limits. There's a good chance they'll start you on some progesterone to help raise your levels and then you won't have to stress about it much anymore

side note- if it's stressing you out like crazy today, call the on call physician and see if it's low enough for them to want to start you on something today
  • Options
    I would check with your OB. My levels have been in the 11-12 range and I asked about supplements, because he said at the first appointment he'd like to see my levels around 20-25, but he won't put me on them if I'm over 9.  He did say I can take vitamins (C, E, D, and B6) that have been shown to help naturally increase progesterone.  Good luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the camp "if it worries you, you should call" when it comes to doctors. If you are concerned I think you should call tomorrow! Worst case scenario the nurse/doctor can set your mind at ease if they truly aren't concerned with the number :) 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am 7 weeks pregnant, found out just short of 5 weeks, and my progesterone has been low as well.  First bloodwork at 5 weeks showed 6.1 progesterone level, so I was prescribed progesterone supplements twice a day. Second bloodwork at 6 weeks came back 15.1, which was better, but then most recent bloodwork came back low again (8.2), so I am now taking 3 progesterone supplements a day.  Call your doctor; they will likely put you on a supplement. My doctor says progesterone levels should be greater than 10.
  • Options
    LizaKate1213LizaKate1213 member
    edited February 2016
    Call if you are concerned, but not today. The on-call doctor is for emergencies.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    My doctor also likes progesterone levels at 10 or higher. Mine were much lower than that when I first tested positive for pregnancy, so I've been on 3 suppositories a day ever since. 
  • Options
    Well, I will tell you that when my dr tested my levels at 5 weeks she said she wanted to see my progesterone at 15 or higher. However, if your dr isn't worried, you shouldn't be either. I would prob just call and ask about it to set your mind at ease. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    At 3.5 weeks mine was 8 so he put me on progesterone suppositories beacuse in early pregnancy he likes to see it above 10 and I have a history of repeat miscarriages. But he said it wasnt really that low. He also said he wouldn't draw more labs bc it was pointless since it goes straight to the uterus and nit much gets into the blood stream.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker