July 2016 Moms

Position of the baby low?

ninji15ninji15 member
edited February 2016 in July 2016 Moms
So, I don't figure I am the only one but I want to make sure there is no cause for alarm. The last few days I have had to pee every 5 seconds it feels like I am exploding but next to nothing comes out, no UTI as I just had one and am clear now. I just feel like my baby is really really low, there is pressure and just yesterday and today I am feeling whats like actual kicks in my crotch area?? Not like RLP. Its almost like the baby's foot is popping out for a second but its clearly not. I was not dilated at my apt Tuesday and am having no labor pains. No bleeding or anything. Its shocks me every time I feel this, can anyone on here relate? Is the position of the baby at 20-21 weeks really that low sometimes? I don't have a nurses line and its the weekend. So sorry if this is a crap thread, freaking a bit.

Re: Position of the baby low?

• I've been feeling the same thing as far as feeling like you have to pee. I get low kicks at times but I can't say mine are that hard but I also have an anterior placenta so that may soften them. I think it's just the baby being low. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I've felt pressure on my bladder like the baby is laying directly on it and it makes me have to pee immediately even if I already went. It's not consistent though. I'm guessing it's possible to feel the baby all over the place at this point. Not super helpful, I know. Sorry. I'd call first thing Monday to double check but as long as you feel okay and there's no bleeding or anything I'm gonna guess it's okay.
  • Loading the player...
  • ellou05ellou05 member
    edited February 2016
    I experienced something kinda similar the other day... usually when I feel baby it's in what I consider a "normal" place like a little below my belly button or further down, on either side.  But the other day I felt movement/pressure much lower almost like down where my vagina is (above it, of course, but down there)!  I usually don't feel strong kicks, more like movements/flutters.  It happened a few times in the same area over the course of a couple hours.  Now today I'm back to the normal area.  So I think it's normal !
    09/12/14 BFP (EDD 5/15/15) 
    10/06/14 US #1 showing baby at 6W1D w/ no HB (rather than 8W4D)
    10/13/14 US #2 confirming miscarriage 
    10/28/14   800mg oral cytotec (very good experience)  

• I've been carrying very low so far and most of the kicks that I get are to the bladder. My stream is much slower sometimes if I'm feeling extra pressure down low. I just had an appointment and nothing was found in my urine. I suppose this can be normal but call your ob to be on the safe side. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've been feeling more heaviness in my lower abdomen. Not like pressure to pee or anything, just feels heavy. It likely has to do with whatever position the baby is lying in. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • aimz2377 said:
    I've been carrying very low so far and most of the kicks that I get are to the bladder. My stream is much slower sometimes if I'm feeling extra pressure down low. I just had an appointment and nothing was found in my urine. I suppose this can be normal but call your ob to be on the safe side. 
    This. My ob has actually commented on her being 'low' but doesn't seem concerned, especially since my anatomy scan shows she is healthy and my cervix is long and closed (according to the comments on my electronic health record). If you are concerned you can always call your o.b. :) 
  • My baby's head is down and I am getting head butted in the cervix. It's a sharp but not awful pain that lasts for a second and the doctor told me it's perfectly normal. Of course, you should address your concerns with your physician and if you have any new issues, go in but to answer, yes... I can relate. It's always a bit shocking to get a cervical punch.
  • I feel the same! Peeing a lot and it's usually only a tinkle!  And heavy very low. At 20 weeks your fundus (top of uterus) is up to the belly button so baby is still squished down law in the abdomen putting pressure on the bladder. 
  • foxa319 said:
    I feel the same! Peeing a lot and it's usually only a tinkle!  And heavy very low. At 20 weeks your fundus (top of uterus) is up to the belly button so baby is still squished down law in the abdomen putting pressure on the bladder. 
    Glad I am not alone!! I plan to call my ob on Monday just in case 
  • @elsiefaye that was awesome! Thanks for posting! 
  • Normal and it is honestly going to get worst.  As baby grows, he/she will either be wedged in your ribs or using your bladder as a boxing toy.

• Normal and it is honestly going to get worst.  As baby grows, he/she will either be wedged in your ribs or using your bladder as a boxing toy.

I know that pregnancy makes you pee a lot and it's no secret but omg. I know it will also get worse but having so much pressure to just pee 5 drops. Its hard to believe it gets worse, but I trust you lol. Was I under the wrong impression that second tri is supposed to be better?
  • All four of my kids have been super low. I already feel a ton of pressure this go around. Like @PugsandKisses said, it's normal and is going to get much worse.  
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I think before I finally fall asleep at night I pee atlesst 3 times. Then I always wake up atlesst once in the night.. I told my hubby I'm gonna need depends for my thrid trimester!! 
  • I've always called that pain "lightening crotch". It hurts so bad when you get kicked in the cervix. And to ditto most of the others, I carried low with my other 2 pregnancies as well and had lots of constant pressure. 
    imageimage

image"AlternaTickers">image
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • ach298 said:
    I've always called that pain "lightening crotch". It hurts so bad when you get kicked in the cervix. And to ditto most of the others, I carried low with my other 2 pregnancies as well and had lots of constant pressure. 
    I have had that pain, its def something different than that. It feels more annoying and it definatly feels like baby kicks just literally around my vagina. Almost to the point it scares me that it will fall out lol. But logically it won't happen like that I know, and I am sure it also has something to do with nerves. 
  • My midwife said the baby was using my pelvic bone as a hammock a few weeks ago, so I definitely feel you. The constant need to pee started way earlier than I expected (not to mention the lightening crotch).

• My placenta is low lying and my boy is using it as a pillow. I have felt kicks to the cervix with all mine.
  • I have the same problem.  She is super low, and sometimes I will pee only to have to pee a bit more 5-10 minutes later.  All of her kicks/movements are way lower than what I remember with my son, but I always carried him high.  I guess my kids are opposite from the old wives' tales.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d