July 2016 Moms

Sex Reveal Parties

Are you doing one? Do you hate them? Share your "reveal" if you have! :) 

Re: Sex Reveal Parties

• Loading the player...
  • edited February 2016
    I would get crap from my social circle if we did that. But I've never had the urge though which helps. I do love to see how people decorate for them though. Yours is very cute @jlmartinez517
  • That's so cute @jlmartinez517! We didn't do a party, but I did bake some brownies to share with my family-just added pink sprinkles. We don't see them as much since they live about 5 hours away, and they really loved it!
  • @Schmooie730 I like the Hershey's bar idea for the coworkers. I need to come up with something for Tuesday at work. I will leave work early Monday to go to our ultrasound. I only announced to my immediate team, but the rest of the department I work in is whispering. I feel like bringing in blue or pink cupcakes would make everyone much more comfortable. lol I just hate to make a big thing out of it. I don't mind the questions and stuff, I'm just not one to grab the mic and make a speech. Candy is subtle! 
  • DarkCatDarkCat member
    edited February 2016
    We are having a family dinner at a pizza parlor. This will be the first grandchild on my side of the family and my mom loves babies. So we went to party city together and got some green and white polka dot plates, napkins, forks, balloons and table cloth for the back room we reserved. She is coming to our 20 week scan on Monday and after that she will bake a cake that will have the cake batter dyed blue or pink. We also went to Hobby Lobby and got creative. I found the idea on Pinterest and the only difference is we will replace the baby with a ultrasound picture.

Side note: Please excuse the use of the word "gender" It's just the example I found on Pinterest.
  • elldelelldel member
    edited February 2016
    These are cute! I like the idea of a little get-together but DH isn't having it. We're keeping the sex of our baby a secret though (except for that time I told all my internet friends here on The Bump :smiley:) so a party would be pointless for us anyways. 
  • You guys have done so many cute things! I didn't do a party or even a good announcement. I had all these great intentions of doing a super cute announcement (many of my friends and family live 2,000 miles away) on social media, but in the end I got lazy and just posted the US pic with "It's a Girl" on it. Lame!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • I love reveals!  I had debated keeping the sexes a secret the entire time because I wanted to maximize the gifts we need and just only clothes.  Since I'm having two showers, (two babies, no regrets here), the first shower will include the reveal.  DH knows and will be working with one of my friend's who is throwing the shower to plan the reveal.  I've been stalking her FB page and it looks like my reveal will be balloons in a box...should be fun!

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• I think they are fun!! We had a small one with just family and a couple close friends!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Wow! These are all so adorable! Good job :smile: 
    My husband and I just called everyone lol, it is so exciting to find out though!
  • OMG that sounds amazing. A nice hot, sticky Cinnabon. YUM!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Our gender reveal is on the 19th of March! We can't wait we are so excited!!!
  • Our ultra sound is tomorrow and our Reveal party is this Saturday! I'll post pictures afterward! SOOO EXCITED!
    (my money's on BOY) lol
  • The first time, we found out on my birthday, so we just had cupcakes filled with blue frosting made.  This time, we went with our immediate family after the ultrasound, and they found out with Hershey bars with "she" colored in (as others have mentioned).  For Facebook, DH made a video shooting me and DS with silly string.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • AshGee18AshGee18 member
    edited March 2016
    We did this and and also had our parents open a box of balloons which contained 5 pink balloons ... :)