March 2016 Moms
Options

If You Babywear

Tell me about ring slings.  I have a wrap and a carrier, but I have never successfully nursed in either.  I've seen friends nurse really easily in a ring sling.  So what's a reasonably priced option to go with?

Re: If You Babywear

• Options
    Here's a great website that a majority of the mamas in my babywearing group purchase from: https://5mr.com I absolutely love my Lenny lamb. Beautiful print, quality fabric and extremely easy to use.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I was looking into the Sakura Bloom as it was recommended by my friends.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bet @oceanchild could give some good advice here!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hands down, this is the bestestBEST sling maker ever ever ever, and ring slings are kind of my favorite thing in the world
    https://www.sleepingbaby.net/proddetail.php?prod=french
    i *highly* recommend ordering the Eesti-style shoulder! super comfy and easy to manage!
    and if you don't mind spending a little bit more, you can get a wrap-conversion RS, which is even prettier and comfier! 
    here are her in-stock rainbows (EasyCare #01 is the most populare and for wonderful reason)
    https://www.sleepingbaby.net/proddetail.php?prod=easycare
    and here are some in-stock Dolcinos (another great entry woven)!
    https://www.sleepingbaby.net/proddetail.php?prod=dolcino

seriously, this lady (Jan) is internationally famous in the babywearing world for her slings and conversions, and it is super awesome that she has stuff in-stock right now for all of us March mamas about to have little squishes! 

and i have loads of great video tutorials too, if you need any. i nurse my babies in my RS everywhere (and it is pretty much the only carrier i use at church bc it is so easy to nurse in). i use it from day of birth until they don't want to be carried anymore (I regularly carry my 2yo, and can still carry my 4yo in a RS if she asks; my 5yo doesn't ask anymore).

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    @j234 i also love my sakura bloom RS and it is very comfy, but IMHO they are a super pricey, and unless you are specifically looking for one of their specialty linen (or silk or cashmere) styles, or know that a RS is the type of carrier that works for you and your baby, i wouldn't start out with one (unless that was your budget, or you received one as a gift). they are great slings! but you can get one of Jan's linen slings for a fraction of that price: think $57 as opposed to $98-$240
    her french twill (cotton) slings start at $40 and are awesome, and the in-stock WRCS i linked above (also cotton) start at $85 

Autism mama! 
  • Options
    haha @smushi i think that sleepingbaby/jan and her RS may be my shtick ... i could gush all day :sweat_smile: i swear i don't work for them or anything; just another super pleased customer.
    another thing to mention, her RS have very good resale value (there are even fb groups just for her slings) if you should decide that RS wasn't your fave thing ever

Autism mama! 
  • Options
    @oceanchild I bow down to your incredible baby wearing knowledge. I ended up getting the ergo and Moby! No ring sling yet but we'll see how these two work out first! :kissing_heart: .

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'll have to check her stuff out, thanks @oceanchild!  My photographer is going to give me a blue silk one she has (not sure what kind it is) so I can try it out, and then buy from there!  I'm excited for some sling nursing, since DS is going to be on the run constantly and DS2 and I will be chasing a lot :)
  • Options
    There's a seller on Etsy who makes a variety of wraps and slings, including conversions. I don't have any experience with her ring slings, only her woven wraps, but the price seems much more reasonable than some of the well-known companies/makers. Shop name is lilpeeperkeepers. I have a Wildbird linen ring sling myself (which I just bought used about a month ago, so I haven't tried it out with a real baby yet)... they're also fairly reasonable in price. :)
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I made my own today,  3 of them!  Moby style,  I haven't given birth yet so we will see how it goes.  Super easy and no sewing required!  
  • Options
    How did you make it?