December 2015 Moms
Options

Road trip--Bring swing?

Hello Everyone!
Putting together my packing list for next weekend. Heading home. First big road trip with LO (will be 12 weeks when we go). 

Question: He loves napping in his swing. Should I bring it? It's rather large but I'm thinking it may be worth the effort for his comfort/routine.

Any seasoned travelers with input? Anything you suggest bringing/leaving in particular?

Thanks!!

Re: Road trip--Bring swing?

• Options
    I just traveled for the first time with my 10 week old and I took everything he uses at home so he felt as much at home as possible. And I was so glad I did.. He was so good and slept good as if we were home! 
  • Options
    Just traveled with our 10 week old. I brought a bouncy seat and pack n play. Also decided to buy a rock n play while we're were there. It was a lot to bring but made everyone's lives a lot easier!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you have room for it, definitely bring it! I would rather have too much stuff than be without or have to buy a duplicate while on the trip.  Good luck with the travels!
  • Options
    I wouldn't dare go anywhere without our swing, but right now it's the only sure fire way to get her to sleep. I would rent a uhaul for the damn thing if necessary. 
    If its something that gets used frequently then I think you should bring it. If he can sleep without it (without a struggle) then it's worth bringing it to save your sanity. 
  • Options
    Not trying to hijack the thread - but did you ladies stay in a hotel? I have to take LO to a conference I'm going to in 2.5 weeks. She will be 11 weeks. We have to be in a hotel for 4 nights.

I'm taking our pack n play, but we have a mamaroo not an easily packable bouncer. Any other suggestions for a smooth hotel stay?
  • Options
    Thank you, Ladies! 
    Told the hubby we need to
    break it down and bring it...better than an unhappy baby!
  • Options
    This reminds of that commercial where it shows 1st kid and parents hauling everything with them everywhere they go. Then the second kid comes along and they just have a diaper bag.

i have gone to visit my MiL when my second child came along and we just brought the diaper bag and pack n play. MiL did borrow some items from friends for our stay. I think it was a high chair and a bunch of toys. She picked up an Eddie Bauer double stroller at her favorite thrift store for like 5 bucks. The wheel fell off before we made it down her street. We just laughed it off and used our own.

i have found that the more crap you bring with you the more stress you have because you have to haul that stuff everywhere and repack it for the return home. My kids didn't care if they were in the swing or not. More often than not, they fell asleep on whoever was holding them and then get put back in the pack n play for their naps.

When we go on vacation and stay at the Disney resorts, they provide a crib and sheets so we don't even worry about the pack n play. I would bring the waterproof pads for spit up and leaks though. But you don't have to, they will bring more sheets if you ask. The stroller is a must though but we have found that our stroller if it's a double gets a little bent (easy fix, just bend it back) on the airplane. When we moved to Germany, the airline lost our pack n play. We couldn't even get ahold of anyone to find it/replace it. But it was ok too because the owner of the home we stayed at for 2 weeks provided a crib. #2 was ready for a toddler bed by then anyway. We were able to replace the pack n play later at the base exchange when #3 came along.