Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Praying for patience...

So you know how much you never want people to go through what we experienced as PGALS right? So when you try to give info about reducing risk in pregnancy and people rebel like it's 1812, you ask yourself what to do? At some point people will do what they want but you pray they make good decisions. Just had to share with people who understand  o:)

Re: Praying for patience...

• Options
    I think in most cases, PGAL moms couldn't have done anything differently to prevent their miscarriages. I just wanted to throw that out there. Too many women blame themselves when they shouldn't.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I firmly believe that my body is my business and no one else's, and contrary to that someone else's body is their business. 

I also completely agree with PP.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think every single one of us would have done all we can to prevent the miscarriage but sometimes the body has other plans for us. 

Just for clarity, what kind of rebelling and good decisions do you refer too with regards to the
    risk taking?
  • Options
    Hi folks. Artificial sweetners during pregnancy. It sounds small but if there is any risk that it could harm them or baby I would want to know. My OB gave me advice as I was just finishing a serious weight loss program when I got pregnant the last time and was trying not to gain it all back during the pregnancy. 
    We try not to blame ourselves and thanks to her advice I could at least rule that out. 
  • Options
    From everything I've seen, the only artificial sweetener to avoid is saccharin, since it can cross the placenta and there haven't been many studies about safety yet. The others are fine (sucralose, aspartame, etc) or at least as fine as they are for anyone else.

As for other women, yes I understand the impulse to educate. I'd tell a pregnant friend to put down the sushi, but if she chooses to ignore me, ultimately that's her decision. I eat lunch meat occasionally. I will take a small dip of DH's beer if it's one I really like. Judge all you want, and respond internally however you want, but remember that mc is almost always a genetic error and that every woman must do her own risk assessment.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers