TTC After a Loss

TGIF Check In

Heyyy, it's almost the freaking weekend!  B)

What are your plans? What's going on in your world this weekend?
Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
TTC  09/15
*TW Loss mentioned*
BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
TTCAL 3/2016
Acupuncture 11/16
Dx December 2016: unexplained 
January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
Ambrose born on his due date!

Re: TGIF Check In

• chloe97chloe97 member
    edited February 2016
    Thank god it's Friday and I can sleep in this weekend (hopefully). 

H and I are driving to Michigan (2 hrs from here). His parents just finished building their vacation home where they plan to retire! I was looking forward to relaxing, but now his sister and cousins are coming, so I'm sure the mood will be more partyish than I had hoped. 

We're coming back Sunday early because I have my first appt with a new therapist. H thinks that my old therapist wasn't helping and for some reason he thinks that this new therapist will magically cure me on Sunday. I'm also getting my CD 21 progesterone test on Sunday. It's a day later than 7 days before my (expected) AF, but I'm 99% sure it's not worth cancelling our trip because there's no way I could've ovulated with today's 96.7 temp.  

Fx for some BFPs for folks this weekend!!
  • I hope to have a virtual knit night with a friend in California - but other than that, no big plans. I think DH has some sort of video game tournament he wants to watch live...

I think a goal will be to go to bed at a reasonable hour so I don't sleep in as much - feels like I have more of the day when I get up at 8 (versus 9-10) and that makes the weekend feel longer...
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I just had almost 4K$ worth of bloodwork this morning and almost a second neck from an enlarged thryoid. Just about diagnosed with Graves Disease. Hcg in pregnancy (or MC) can cause overstimulation and enlargement of the thyroid, I didn't know that. I got meds waiting after 2nd confirmation comes through. Just with treating it, don't know when we we can TTC again. But happy I know now better what's going on....Happy Friday! Off to meet my stepsister's new baby! She had an early MC as well, and another one at 16-18 weeks. So happy she was able to carry this one to term...
    Me: 37 DH: 38
    CP 1/25/16 4 weeks, developed Graves' Disease

• edited February 2016
    @chloe97 Wishing you lots of restful sleep and hopefully a nice road trip. Therapy can be so hard. If your therapist doesn't make you feel comfortable, so much of the benefit can be lost. I hope the new one is better, but no pressure for instant results - because that's not helping anyone.

@catiecatp Oohh, I wish I could knit. Since the age of about ten, every couple of years right on the nose, I have picked up knitting needles and tried to see something through. Just went through that this year and did worse than ever - three lines.

Knottie12904461 Ah, I'm sorry. I think a diagnosis is much better than not knowing and I hope your treatment plan is swift and effective.

As for me, not much happening here. I believe I've finally stopped spotting. I reconnected with an old fling - one I'd always hoped to know better as a person and am happy to have been able to say hello. DH and I will probably take it easy, as he's had a bad cold all week and is just barely recovered. We'll plant our seeds for our deck garden on Sunday. I just made a lavender cordial and an orange cake, so we'll have a flowery soda and a slice of orange loaf cake. I'll binge on The Sims 4 and we'll watch the new episode of Girls. Don't feel like venturing outside too much this weekend.

Edit: lolno I'm still spotting. Probably for the rest of my life.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @zrain Wooooo congratulations! Sometimes a formal event can really be refreshing. You get to feel fancy and special and then go back to being comfy and relaxed  (hopefully). 

Cordial is kind of an aromatic syrup? I think its etymology has something to do with medicinal tinctures made from herbs. Idk what makes it different from a syrup exactly but in this case there was a lot less sugar than in a standard simple syrup - but it's basically water and sugar + the flavour (lavender flowers in this case) which is always strained out after steeping. You can mix it with soda water or use it in a buttercream or something. I bet lavender cordial would be awesome with gin (for the imbibers) but we'll just use club soda.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @renneeannemm So do you boil the lavender in the water and sugar and then strain? I love lavender in food/drinks. I don't drink so I'd be using club soda too, or maybe cream soda? Either way it sounds amazing. I am going to add this to my to-do list for Sunday :)
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• @zrain I did 1/2 cup sugar pus 1 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil and dissolve sugar. Take off heat and add 2 tablespoons of dried, food grade lavender and cover and steep for about an hour and then strain. You can add a little lemon juice and store it in the fridge for a few days!

I loooove lavender in food, too; in fact I make my own special lavender cupcakes every spring! Sometimes I do an earl grey syrup with lavender to make London Fogs or a special martini for my friends.

TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Thank god it's Friday indeed! 
    I'm feeling cranky currently because DH has a friend staying over that I've very very clearly expressed I do not want staying at the house anymore. Long story short he overstays his welcome every.damn.time! So I'm not looking forward to him there when I get home, BUT it's Friday, and I'm refusing to let my crankiness get the best of me. Making a pit stop at the liquor store on the way home and plan on having a bubble bath with wine and Netflix after dinner. 

Saturday I'm reorganizing my closet room (spare room turned gigantic closet) and Sunday a close friend and I are going for ice cream and then an Epicure party :smile: 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• @reneeannemm Oh my goodness, those cupcakes!!! Thank you for the recipes. Yum!
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• Sounds like everyone has a nice mix of things going on this weekend! I am unfortunately just getting home from work. The law of the social work Gods is that something crazy will happen at 5PM on a Friday when everything is closing and nobody is around... so here I am! I am currently drinking an old Bud Light jammed into the back of my fridge and decompressing in my pajamas at 7 PM on a Friday.

We don't have too much going on. I fear I am in the beginning of my AF, so while I don't test I believe I am out this month. I had a good cry coming in from work and am trying to settle my brain a little. This would have been my last due date before my next birthday, which for some reason is really upsetting me. So thanful I have you all to check in with and feel less crazy about this whole process!

• @BornReady Enjoy your beer!
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @chloe97 Hopefully you have your nice relaxing weekend.

@knottie12904461 Glad to hear you know whats going on and now can make a plan. Also I would recommend changing your username to something else. The Knotties get hard to follow. I think you have to do it on The Knot but I am not quite sure.

@reneeannemm Sounds like a nice weekend. I want to start growing some herbs in little pots either in our kitchen or out on our patio.

@zrain Congrats on your award and have fun!

As for me, I plan on getting things done around the house. I am going to start another Whole30 so that means tons of food prep to do this weekend. Laundry, dishes, and straightening up. I also have some photos I need to edit and a website to work on. I am going to be busy!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @chloe97 I hope you have a good visit and it's both fun and relaxing! Good luck with the new therapist and progesterone testing.

@catiecatp that sounds pretty cool. I would love a virtual crochet night (since I can't knit at all)!

@Knottie12904461
    oh my that's a lot of testing! I'm glad you know what's going on with you. Hopefully the meds work quickly to bring you back to a healthy state.

@reneeannemm
    I'm so sorry you're still spotting! Ugh that's long enough to drive anyone crazy! I'm planning on planting my indoor seeds probably the week after my birthday. And Oh My Goodness! Those cupcakes look sublime! By the way, do you grow your own lavender? I've been thinking of trying that out this year.

@zrain ooooh a dress up party, how fun! Congratulations on getting an award! Plus it's always fun to get your hair done. So jealous of your SE Asia trip. Where exactly are you going?

@babyroper16 unwelcome/overstaying house guests are such a pain, but what a great attitude to have! I hope your DH gets the hint and politely nudges him on his way before the welcome is worn out.

@BornReady I'm sorry you had such a rough Friday. I feel you on the beginning AF (mine should be coming tomorrow, kinda hopefully) and I've been tearing up at everything, including the fact that the frosty machine wasn't working at Wendy's today and the only reason I went there was for a root beer frosty float. I really almost cried at the window when they told me. Then at home I started tearing up reading the web page for my nearby yoga studio. Don't even know why. I'm just ready to be alone for a bit once it starts and let out a good long cry.

@m6agua
    that does sound like you'll be mighty busy! Enjoy!

For me, the weekend will start after tomorrow and I am pretty excited for almost a week off next week. I have to work Tuesday, my birthday, but after that won't be in until Tuesday after. This weekend I plan to try to be social again. It's been about a month for me, but I have lunch dates on both Sunday and Monday with girlfriends that I haven't seen in a long time. Both have young'uns so I have to say I've been avoiding, but it's time for me to try to get back into the swing of things. Saturday after work (I work dispatch so I'm at work in between 4 and 5 and home by noon) I'll be spending with DF and if he has his druthers we'll be doing lots of house work. I think the plan is moving stuff out of a couple rooms downstairs that we plan to put new flooring down on with tax return money. If I get my druthers, we'll do a little Netflix and chill Saturday night :wink: 
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @Knottie12904461 - that is a lot of bloodwork! I hope your insurance will cover it

@babyroper16 - I love the guacamole mix - I use 50% cream cheese in place of the sour cream and it is delicious - we use it on tacos and hamburgers all the time

@bornready - hugs - I realized the same birthday due date situation for myself just the other day. 

---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @m6agua People seem to have a lot of success with herb gardens. I hope yours is bountiful.

@cooaladolll I tried last time we attempted to grow herbs, but the lavender needed different things than the other herbs in the container and promptly died. We will do it again this year; I've heard honey bees looove it which is just perfect. I see it growing wild here on the sides of the freeways. My friend did a little day lesson thing - called a Jane's Walk - where she learned to forage in the city and I bet they founds tonnes of lavender there.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @cooaladolll I'll have a virtual crochet night with you! :smile: 

As for my weekend, we had another family over for dinner last night. It was a lot of fun! My DH is away for a meeting this morning so I'll probably finish binge-watching Fuller House and work on some crochet orders. Tonight we are having dinner with our small group from church. They are loud and funny and we always have a great time together. (Andplusalso free food, woo!)

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• @zrain congratulations on the award! I hope you had fun last night! 

@reneeannemm those cupcakes! They are beautiful and sound so delicious!

We are staying in a cabin overlooking the Mississippi River this weekend. It's our happy place - we came here after our last loss for some r&r as well. This is the view this morning from the bedroom

And I'm in my FW this weekend! So yay for relaxing FW sex :)
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• edited February 2016
    @m6agua I have looked into changing my name, even googling it after having trouble. Apparently I would have to create a new account? That's really no big deal, but does anyone have a better way? Thanks so much!!

@zrain have a wonderful trip!!!

• roper2617roper2617 member
    edited February 2016
    @Knottie12904461 I was looking into changing my name as well (I picked it soooooo naively). Anyways good news! You don't need to create a new account.

The bump and the knot are the same company so go to theknot.com log in with your the bump info and then go to account settings and then personal settings et voila! You can change your user name without creating a new account.
    Hope that helps(and actually works)! 

I havent changed mine yet because I have no clue what name to choose. Too many choices lol 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• @babyroper16 thanks so much! Seems I am unable to login to The Knot. And since I have no patience, I already made a new account. Should be posting under the new name when they allow me to. Haven't been on long enough to really be attached to this account or anything...

• @reneeannemm you definitely should try! The only thing I know about growing them is they love full sun, but I'd have to look up the rest. Oh but the tasty delicious smelling benefits!

@beff12 absolutely, that would be fun! I haven't done much more than hats and scarfs but I've been wanting to try other things. Private message me your contact details if you'd like. And win, win, win for loud, funny, and free food!

@AL_TwinCities that view is so beautiful and peaceful. Hooray for FW BDing. FX for an end of month BFP.

@Knottie12904461, @babyroper16 beat me to the answer. Funny cause I just did it myself last night and had no problems other than my usual name was already taken, so I just added an extra letter to the end. I  still have to see if I can do the same with my profile pic because I have found a discrepancy between when I post/respond from mobile or from my laptop (I think mobile still has the rotating newbie picture).