June 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Okay. I seriously need to find some mini eggs....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The kids and I just had cold cerise for lunch. Shredded wheat, bananas and strawberries. Oops! 
    I'm trying to think of how to get out of cooking dinner too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sigh, now I want mini eggs.  I ate the entire 2.5 lb bag of jelly beans that I found that were gluten free/not processed in a plant with gluten all by myself (except the black jelly beans...so, what is that? 2.25 lb of jelly beans?).  Demolished in about a week and a half.  And I almost made H stop and get me another bag last night.  I resisted but told him I'd only be able to hold out until Sunday when we go grocery shopping.  I pray to God I pass the glucose test at this rate.  
  • Options
    ZOMG those mini eggs are all I can think about now...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The kids and I just had cold cerise for lunch. Shredded wheat, bananas and strawberries. Oops! 
    I'm trying to think of how to get out of cooking dinner too...
    That sounds really yummy and healthy!! Girl, get a real FFFC!!!! (says the person who can't think of one...probably because there are too many to choose from).  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto to the mini eggs. Actually heading out now (in the freezing cold) to buy some. It's not even a choice anymore.
  • Options
    I hate Cadbury eggs

*ducks*
  • Options
    Those mini eggs are my life every Easter if I can get my hands on some...PSA: Never EVER look at the nutritional content on the bag!!  Trust me you do not want to know.
  • Options
    My 3 yo DS has an ear ache so I took him to the doc this morning and she prescribed ear drops. On the bottle it says to lay down for 15-20 minutes after receiving ear drops- there's no chance in hell that's going to happen unless I chain him to his bed.
    So confession: my son's ears are going to rot because I can't for the life of me get him to lay down for longer than 30 seconds. I can barely get him to lay down and hold still to put the drops in! 
    I'd love to hear so suggestions, I'm currently bribing him with lollipops :-/
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @mkemommy When my mom was pregnant with my brother, she ate jelly beans by the bag.  It stuck with her, even after he was born.  To this day, she buys her stock of jelly beans during the Easter season, enough to last her the whole year.  And my brother is almost 33, lol.  But only Brach's.  Can't be anything else.  She texted me a few days ago because she found her first bag at Target.  Made me smile.
  • Options
    My 3 yo DS has an ear ache so I took him to the doc this morning and she prescribed ear drops. On the bottle it says to lay down for 15-20 minutes after receiving ear drops- there's no chance in hell that's going to happen unless I chain him to his bed.
    So confession: my son's ears are going to rot because I can't for the life of me get him to lay down for longer than 30 seconds. I can barely get him to lay down and hold still to put the drops in! 
    I had a lot of ear issues as a kid for years. I vividly remember having to recieve those horrific (to my kid mind) drops and then lay still. Mom started bribing me with mickey mouse ice cream pops? sticks? -sicles? Whatever they were called, that Disney chocolate and vanilla goodness made it all better.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I can't stand when the toilet paper is put on the "wrong" way. So much so that I will almost always change it. Yeah, it bothers me that much! (Clearly I have issues, lol) 

My H doesn't hang a new roll at all. He just leaves the empty roll hanging and places the new Roll on top of it! He's good with doing the dishes, but idc, it drives me nuts 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have two and both are pretty lame 

1- I couldn't help myslef but comment on the name thread that was posted by a random. I love the movie she was referring to and just had to put my two cents in. Sorry I enabled the thred... 

2- As much as I want to say "I don't care" it really bothers me that my mom told me this morning that her and my dad (which likely means just her but thats a post for another day) don't like the front runner name for baby boy. I love it, but it makes me second guess myself. 

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options

mkemommy said:
    I swear we are great dog parents to our dog but he keeps escaping and I'm not sure what I can do about it at this point. I feel like I'm a hypocrite for giving others dog advice when my own dog runs away (it truly is a breed trait for a Great Pyrenees...they love to explore/protect as large of a territory as they can...and can't really be trained out of them same as a retriever can't really be trained not to retrieve).  Two times he has escaped because of construction going on in the house (despite telling the workers to close the door and trying to follow behind them and close the doors when I see them open).  I hate to lock him in a room when construction is going on but at this point it may be our only option as the doors are always left opened.  We also share a fence with a neighbor...yesterday morning they had someone come in to read their meter and the city worker left the gate opened so when we let our dog out in the backyard...guess who ran away?  Thankfully most of our neighbors know us and when we don't catch our dog right away, they usually do (he's friendly as all get out) and bring him home.  Our dog is really conspicuous (I mean 120lb of dog with a white fluffy coat is hard to miss) but I feel like this is a disaster waiting to happen and I'm out of ideas.  I have him micro-chipped and his tag/collar is always on him by the way.  I just feel like a terrible dog owner when this happens.

ETA - We are adding an additional lock to our gate to our fence outside come spring (one that auto-locks) but there isn't much we can do about the shared gate with our neighbor (it already has an auto lock but apparently it didn't work properly yesterday).  I'm calling the city to yell at them for leaving the gate open but lots of good that will do for me.  Only other thing I can think of is to patrol the yard before we let the dog out and make sure all the gates are properly locked each and every time. 

*stuck in the box* is an electric fence an option for you?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I can't stand when the toilet paper is put on the "wrong" way. So much so that I will almost always change it. Yeah, it bothers me that much! (Clearly I have issues, lol) 

I used to be firmly in the "wrong" camp and H was in the "right" camp.  I changed my ways because I didn't want our kids to grow up confused with toilet paper going two ways.  
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My FFFC: I hate Cadbury eggs.. always have and always will!
  • Options
    @fishwife799 If you love the name don't let her opinion make you second guess it! Do you mind sharing the name? You may have posted in the name thread but I'm way too lazy to go back through all the pages right now lol 
  • Options
    I made a box of Rice a Roni yesterday for lunch..... And ate it all. Oops? But it was delicious and I felt no shame until last night when heartburn was a major bitch. I still feel no shame. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My FFFC: I on a complete sex strike from DH for a month. (i.e. No sex and I'm not hanging out topless in the evening (Boo!) or ogling his manly goodness as he gets dressed (double boo!) or telling him how hot his bod is anymore.)

Also.....I haven't told him there's a strike and am not going to. Oops. >: ]
  • Options
    Toilet paper pedantry makes me nuts. As long as there's something available for butt-wiping I'm happy.
  • Options
    mar101483 said:

mkemommy said:
    I swear we are great dog parents to our dog but he keeps escaping and I'm not sure what I can do about it at this point. I feel like I'm a hypocrite for giving others dog advice when my own dog runs away (it truly is a breed trait for a Great Pyrenees...they love to explore/protect as large of a territory as they can...and can't really be trained out of them same as a retriever can't really be trained not to retrieve).  Two times he has escaped because of construction going on in the house (despite telling the workers to close the door and trying to follow behind them and close the doors when I see them open).  I hate to lock him in a room when construction is going on but at this point it may be our only option as the doors are always left opened.  We also share a fence with a neighbor...yesterday morning they had someone come in to read their meter and the city worker left the gate opened so when we let our dog out in the backyard...guess who ran away?  Thankfully most of our neighbors know us and when we don't catch our dog right away, they usually do (he's friendly as all get out) and bring him home.  Our dog is really conspicuous (I mean 120lb of dog with a white fluffy coat is hard to miss) but I feel like this is a disaster waiting to happen and I'm out of ideas.  I have him micro-chipped and his tag/collar is always on him by the way.  I just feel like a terrible dog owner when this happens.

ETA - We are adding an additional lock to our gate to our fence outside come spring (one that auto-locks) but there isn't much we can do about the shared gate with our neighbor (it already has an auto lock but apparently it didn't work properly yesterday).  I'm calling the city to yell at them for leaving the gate open but lots of good that will do for me.  Only other thing I can think of is to patrol the yard before we let the dog out and make sure all the gates are properly locked each and every time. 

*stuck in the box* is an electric fence an option for you?
    Honestly, I don't think it would do much good.  We have a 6 foot fence around our property with two gates.  One of the gates is ours, the other is shared with the neighbor and allows them access to our backyard so that the utility company can read their gas meter.  I can only put up an electronic fence in the area then around that shared gate/gas meter but I think it would cause more harm than good.  First of all, I hate to shock our dog from part of what is legitimately his yard and he has known as his yard for the last two years on the off chance that the gas meter company leaves the gate open again (this is the first time in two years).  Second, it would have to be a strong shock to do any deterrence anyway....if it even worked.  Most owners of Great Pyrs don't have a lot of luck with electronic fences.  Pyrs are just too big, stubborn and determined to care about the shock.  I've never tried a shock collar or fence with my dog (so I can't speak to how it would work with him) but he already has some fear-based issues that took a long time for us to work through and I'd really, really, really like to avoid anything that would shock him (though a shock is obviously less painful than him getting hit by a car).  
  • Options
    My FFFC: I was planning to start potty training my daughter today. She's at home Friday-Monday so I thought that would give me a good 4 days to get her used to the potty before I sent her to her dayhome without diapers. But...I just kind of didn't. Because I didn't want to deal with it today :(

Someday I'll get her out of diapers, I swear...
  • Options
    MamaNicoleof3MamaNicoleof3 member
    edited February 2016
    @fishwife799- I'm giving you the evil eye for responding to the name thread ;)

@HBamama2B- you have topless evenings???! Please don't tell my H. 
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:
    My FFFC: I on a complete sex strike from DH for a month. (i.e. No sex and I'm not hanging out topless in the evening (Boo!) or ogling his manly goodness as he gets dressed (double boo!) or telling him how hot his bod is anymore.)

Well that doesn't sound like fun for anyone
  • Options
    GinnyJ2012GinnyJ2012 member
    edited February 2016
    Will he lay down if you play a movie and lay with him? It's the only way my older son will.  If not then just do the best you can and ride it out.  Ear infections will typically go away in a week to 10 days on their own.  DS2 has tubes in and had nasty ear drainage a month ago, and his Dr prescribed us drops.  He's 18 months old and wouldn't lay still for anything! With DS2 I tried having him cuddle on my lap while I read him a book, but it didn't really work and everything was clear within a week. 

ETA: I hope he's feeling better soon! 

• Options
    Will he lay down if you play a movie and lay with him? It's the only way my older son will.  If not then just do the best you can and ride it out.  Ear infections will typically go away in a week to 10 days on their own.  DS2 has tubes in and had nasty ear drainage a month ago, and his Dr prescribed us drops.  He's 18 months old and wouldn't lay still for anything! With DS2 I tried having him cuddle on my lap while I read him a book, but it didn't really work and everything was clear within a week. 

ETA: I hope he's feeling better soon! 

Thanks, I'm glad to see that your DS got better despite being a wiggle worm :-)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have deliberately been avoiding Costco because I know they sell the GIANT bags of mini-eggs and I will not resist and I will eat them in like a sitting.
    I knew my Costco membership would pay off in the end!!
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:

Well that doesn't sound like fun for anyone

Why the strike? And why a month?
  • Options
    @emztron500 it's not fun, not at all. And I have the higher drive. *sobs softly*

@mamanicoleof3 They're 100% for me. I have always hated bras but now it's like torture. I just sit around screaming give me air! It's...not sexy.

And now that I've read all the super duper wife confessions on page 1, I'm embarrassed, lol. I just let him wear his dirty underwear and make his own lunches...  :( #officiallythatwife
  • Options
    MrsB8214 said:
    @fishwife799 If you love the name don't let her opinion make you second guess it! Do you mind sharing the name? You may have posted in the name thread but I'm way too lazy to go back through all the pages right now lol 

Stuck in box**** 

Arlo James is the name. The girls on my last BMB all love it and so do my IRL friends. I don't know why my mom has to be such a negative Nancy about it

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    MrsB8214 said:

Stuck in box**** 

Arlo James is the name. The girls on my last BMB all love it and so do my IRL friends. I don't know why my mom has to be such a negative Nancy about it
    That is SO CUTE. My Mum was like that with my daughter's name too (Olive) and she hates everything I've mentioned for this one as well. Poor taste just can't be helped I guess.

• Options

CourtJack said:

Oh I have a good one. I'm positive this is a legit FFFC.

I don't think castor oil is the devil - as does the ENTIRE Bump, apparently.

I've read studies (from my own research and from my midwives) that negate the theory that castor oil causes your baby to poop and then they risk aspirating meconium. And, to really slam dunk this confession: I actually took it while pregnant with DS (40w4d) AND with my DD (41w3d)under my midwife's supervision (with DD).

With my DD, I wanted a VBAC and I was going to be induced at 42w and in my case, induction = repeat cesarean.

Results of castor oil with DD: no diarrhea, no meconium, and my water broke later that evening.

Results with DS (my first pregnancy): no diarrhea, no meconium and my water broke later that evening.

I can't conclusively say that castor oil brought on my water breaking/labour - but that's how it went down both times.

Soooooo...there you have it, ladies.

**say in voice over from old Batman and Robin tv show** Is this the end for CourtJack on the Bump? Will she be chased away by the overwhelming flames of her peers? Will she be banished to the land of BabyCenter and WhattoExpect? Tune in........to find out.

I had no idea this was a contentious issue
  • Options
    My FFFC - I think that 90% of the trendy newborn photos are dumb.  Why would I want a picture of my kid in a position they would never be in naturally, like with their head propped up on their hands or hanging in a sling off a tree branch.  The ones of them just sleeping on a sheet are cute but otherwise, I don't see the appeal, especially not for the price that people in the DC area seem to want for them. 
  • Options

CourtJack said:

Oh I have a good one. I'm positive this is a legit FFFC.

I don't think castor oil is the devil - as does the ENTIRE Bump, apparently.

I've read studies (from my own research and from my midwives) that negate the theory that castor oil causes your baby to poop and then they risk aspirating meconium. And, to really slam dunk this confession: I actually took it while pregnant with DS (40w4d) AND with my DD (41w3d)under my midwife's supervision (with DD).

With my DD, I wanted a VBAC and I was going to be induced at 42w and in my case, induction = repeat cesarean.

Results of castor oil with DD: no diarrhea, no meconium, and my water broke later that evening.

Results with DS (my first pregnancy): no diarrhea, no meconium and my water broke later that evening.

I can't conclusively say that castor oil brought on my water breaking/labour - but that's how it went down both times.

Soooooo...there you have it, ladies.

**say in voice over from old Batman and Robin tv show** Is this the end for CourtJack on the Bump? Will she be chased away by the overwhelming flames of her peers? Will she be banished to the land of BabyCenter and WhattoExpect? Tune in........to find out.

I had no idea this was a contentious issue

Oh yah. It's a major no-no 'round these parts.