December 2015 Moms
Options

Livid! Daycare Rant

Just picked Jackson up from daycare, he was happily in a little swing. Grabbed his bag and noticed only 2 dirty bottles, look at his daily sheet and sure as hell he was fed at 9:30 and 4PM. My ten week old wasn't fed ALL DAY. This is his first week and I made it CLEAR verbally and in writing that he should be given 6oz bottles every 3 hours. The poor little high school girl who comes in at 4 saw he hadn't been fed and gave him a bottle. I already lodged a complaint with the director, but I'm going to say something to the daytime woman. 
To be continued...

Re: Livid! Daycare Rant

• Options
    I would be extremely livid too! Wth. Keep us updated 
  • Options
    Oh hell no. That's not acceptable in any way, shape, or form! I'm pissed for you. The kid is 10 weeks old for goodness sakes! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yea I'd be pissed to, did they try and he just didn't take it?
  • Options
    Ummm WTF?!? Wouldn't he be crying all day? Maybe they just forgot to log it? Hell to the NO! 
  • Options
    Wow I am so sorry! That is terrible. I hope they forgot to log it, because how could they not feed him all day!!
    It is hard enough leaving our babies to work all day without worrying about stuff like this. 
  • Options
    What did the staff say? Is it possible he refused the bottle all day? Did this happen any other times this week?
  • Options
    I am having the opposite. They are over feeding my 12 week old. They give him 3oz every two hours and found my hidden bottle for formula, mixed that and tried to give it to him. When he wouldn't take it ON TOP of the 12oz they had already given him they said he wasn't very hungry. 

Were meeting with with the director tomorrow because he was also left in a corner covered in spit up being ignored. If this doesn't work I will probably end up being a sahm 
  • Options
    I am really hoping they just forgot to log it or he was refusing the bottle. If not I would be seriously livid.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My brother's girlfriend works at the center  with the 3 year olds,  she talked to the girl who went in @ 4 and fed my son. He was not fed at all between 930 & 4. He had 3 wet diapers and pooped and the daytime girl didn't even attempt to feed him,  all of his bottles in the room were clean.  I would hate to wish it on anyone but I hope she gets fired. 
  • Options
    @amye02 I am so very sorry and I am glad you are going to talk to the director. Back in my first 2 years of summer break from college I worked in a daycare. I taught the 3-4 room till the lady in the infant/toddler room went home at 4pm. I was in there till 6pm with the babies. She had let this one child bite another for weeks, the mom knew that I only came in there at the end of the day and was always kind to me but of course upset at what had happened during the full day under another lady's care and had complained.  Well, one afternoon the dad came to pickup the little fellow and he had been bit that day, the dad blessed me out when I had not been the one that allowed that to happen. Luckily, another staff member told him that it had happened earlier in the morning. He was still really mad, as he had a right to be, but atleast he knew it wasn't on my watch. The mom apologized to me the next day after her husband told her what happened. Sorry, I guess that long story was to say I am so thankful you understood that that poor little high school girl was probably so upset when she checked that log. I remember feeling that way when I would take over :/
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    oh my! @amye02 I'd be livid too. My 12 week old is eating 6 oz every 4-6 oz but generally eats 2-3 bottles at daycare she normally eats about 5 am then her next bottle is between 8&9 then again between 12&1 then between 4&5 but there have been several times that she has only had 2 bottles while at daycare and when hubby picked her up she was happy and had plenty of wet diapers so we weren't to worried she is gaining weight and seems happy. The problem we are having is she keeps coming home in someone else diapers and no one knows where the diapers we bought are. It wouldn't be such a big deal but the ones they are putting her in are breaking her butt out. They get one more chance and momma bear is gonna show up. Hope you get it all figured out with your LO!! 

(Edited because I posted by accident before I was finished typing) 
  • Options
    I would be livid!!! That is not acceptable!! I am so thankful we have coverage between my husband and I for baby care! I would be so stressed taking them to day care and stuff like this happening! 
  • Options
    @heatherkennedy021 I hope they find your LOs diapers. 

It's hard enough to leave DS but then to see my baby being neglected by the people I entrusted him to, ugh. I'm waffling between rage and crying for my poor baby hungry all day.  
  • Options
    Oh gosh, 7 hours without a feeding.  I would be pissed.  Crying or not, they should know better.  They have common sense to change three diapers throughout the day but won't check to see if he had a feeding lately?  Raise some hell.  You're paying for them to take care of your baby, not letting him starve and sit in a swing all day.
  • Options
    I could never be a stay at home mom
    or run a daycare, but COME ON, why is it so hard to take good care of our children?! This is their profession! It's so saddening that there's so many stories of horrible daycare situations.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    Okay, this pisses ME off and it is your baby. There's no way she went that long without eating. How could you do that to a newborn? I hope you get this matter resolved soon, and for the next few weeks, I would call every three hours and remind her that my baby needed to be fed. Now.
  • Options
    First the teacher said he was asleep all afternoom I said you changed him twice one was a poop so no f.ing way was he asleep. Then they said maybe they fed him and washed the bottle (they aren't allowed to wash bottles, they put them in his bag for me to wash). There was a bottle in his bin that was missing it's cover and was wet inside, I spoke with the director a few minutes ago the other girl who comes in at 8:30 said he'd been fed after his poop & she rinsed the bottle but left it out because she couldn't find the lid. I PRAY this is true and they aren't just covering their butts. 

I called at 8:30 because he was due to be fed then, I'll be calling again on my lunch break at noon. The director said she's been in there all morning and will be all day to monitor the room and make sure things go smoothly. 
  • Options
    Ugh, how stressful! So sorry, mama. I'm really hoping they did feed him like they're saying. I hope today is a much better day!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would still be really concerned. I mean something that simple to do couldn't be done? I would keep a close eye on them.
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Options
    I called 3 times today before my fiancé picked him up I feel confident he was well taken care of today. I'm still really angry and I'm going to be popping by without notice and calling often. 
  • Options
    This ^^^^ pop by without notice and don't feel bad. Repeat. DO NOT FEEL BAD. It's your baby and they need protection. Before I would have been one of those people that said, well maybe it was a little mistake, or accepted little lame excuses. I'm not like that anymore when it comes to Alexandra. Now I'm big mama bear. Unless it's family taking care of her im *that* mom. Lol! You have done well complaining and supposedly they have fixed everything. Now it's time to keep them on their toes
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    Update: we pulled Jackson out of this facility and moved him to a dual accredited one that my parents are helping to pay for and we love his new school. 

Yesterday news broke that an employee for the old daycare company in the next town over was arrested for child abuse, the director knew about it and didn't report, and our old daycare had violations of neglect. It's sickening. I hope the company loses its license and gets all its facilities closed. 
  • Options
    amye02 said:
    Update: we pulled Jackson out of this facility and moved him to a dual accredited one that my parents are helping to pay for and we love his new school. 

Yesterday news broke that an employee for the old daycare company in the next town over was arrested for child abuse, the director knew about it and didn't report, and our old daycare had violations of neglect. It's sickening. I hope the company loses its license and gets all its facilities closed. 
    That is horrible. I'm so glad that you are not going there anymore. My parents help me and my husband with money for daycare, because they want to make sure that their grandkids go somewhere good. It is crazy how much good childcare costs!!!
  • Options
    Omg! This update is horrible! I've been crying my eyes out the last two weeks about leaving my baby in daycare when I start back to work in 2 weeks, and this is yet another example of why I don't want someone else taking care of my son!!! Ahhh! So glad you got your baby into a better situation! 
  • Options
    It sounds very similar to a news article posted yesterday about a center in Connecticut... https://fox6now.com/2016/03/21/daycare-center-worker-accused-of-abusing-two-year-old-children-centers-director-also-charged/ 
  • Options
    What a relief to know your child is safe- mothers intuition wins again. I wish so badly all childcare was affordable & safe- seems like a given but obvs not. @BethP321 that's terrible. Who hurts a 2-yr-old???
  • Options
    BethP321 said:
    It sounds very similar to a news article posted yesterday about a center in Connecticut... https://fox6now.com/2016/03/21/daycare-center-worker-accused-of-abusing-two-year-old-children-centers-director-also-charged/ 

It is that story. My son's first daycare was Stork club, not Glastonbury though 
  • Options
    Oh my goodness.  Glad you got out of there when you did.