May 2016 Moms
Options

GD Weekly Check In

Hello ladies!

How are you feeling this week?

Rants/Raves/Struggles?

Recipes/Food ideas?

GTKY: What are your thoughts on push presents?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GD Weekly Check In

• Options
    How are you feeling this week?  Feeling ok!  I'm ready for warmer weather and to hit the 30 week mark!

Rants/Raves/Struggles?  I had a random high reading after lunch yesterday - 122 after a lunch of an open faced chicken salad melt with 6 triscuits and cheese.  I've had both of those many times before but never together.  I get so frustrated not knowing what I did wrong, and struggle with the anxiety of getting a high number.  Even though that's just 2 points over the limit!  Ugh.

Recipes/Food ideas?  I need lunch ideas!  I'm thinking next week I'll get ingredients to do big salads but I just get so sick of eating the same thing day after day.  What are you all eating for lunch?

GTKY: What are your thoughts on push presents?  For my push present, I would like a large fry from chicfila, eggs benedict, and a giant piece of cake.  And then to be rid of GD.  ;) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies!

How are you feeling this week? Feeling good so far...I completely forgot its Thursday so very happy that it's almost the weekend! 

Rants/Raves/Struggles? Struggling with planning my meals due to this GD diagnosis. I really hate having to watch so closely what i eat!

Recipes/Food ideas? I wish i had some! I am not much of a cook (yet!) as i live with my in-laws and MIL does most of the cooking! We move out next week so I cant wait to start my own collection of recipes!

GTKY: What are your thoughts on push presents? Umm i would love one but i dont expect one...I think its a great sentiment if you can afford it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How are you feeling this week? Feeling ok. Worn down from a rough day of work yesterday though.

Rants/Raves/Struggles? My numbers have been ok, but the overnight fasting ones keep creeping up, which is annoying. 

Recipes/Food ideas? I've begun making the amazing grilled cheese again! I found it on pinterest a while back, and binged on it for a few months, then kind of forgot about it. Recipe is as follows: Whole grain bread (or sourdough which is good for diabetics), spread some basil pesto on it (I buy mine, but you can make it if you prefer), layer with a slice of mozzarella, fresh spinach, avocado slices (thinly sliced works best), goat cheese, another slice of mozzarella and the last slice of bread. Fry in pan with butter (or healthier oil if you prefer) just like a typical grilled cheese, being careful when flipping it so it doesn't all fall apart. It is AMAZING! And filling, and full of cheese (which counts as a protein!!). I've also been snacking on these new protein bars that I found but I can't recall the name, so I'll post that tomorrow after I grab more from the store. And at work I sometimes eat a Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl for lunch that has eggs, bacon, potatoes and cheese. It works well for keeping numbers in check and is a quick thing to grab when you don't have time to prep a legit meal.

GTKY: What are your thoughts on push presents? My thoughts are that if you expect one, that's a little much. But if my DH were to show up with a gift I wouldn't complain! The reality is this LO will be born right around Mother's Day and our anniversary, so another gift seems a bit much. However, I think food is always to be expected! And he can definitely count on getting me that. That isn't a push present, that's just being a good spouse after a human has exited my body!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How are you feeling this week? Still pretty upset & anxious about having GD

Rants/Raves/Struggles? Struggling with the thought of having type 2 diabetes for life (10% chance GD turns into type 2 right away after GD and 20-50% chance of getting type 2 within 5-10 years of having GD)
    Is anyone else freaking out about this?
    I knew there was a chance of this, but didn't realize how high it was...

Recipes/Food ideas? I ate steak stirfry (just chow mein noodles for carb/pasta in it) with lots of veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, onion, green beans, yellow pepper) it was delicious, and my blood sugar was good at 102. yay. now I just need my husband to make a ton of it for me, so I can eat it every day for dinner lol. 

GTKY: What are your thoughts on push presents? Definitely not needed in my opinion. I will just be happy to hopefully have a healthy baby and my family with me when I'm done. 

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • Options
    @Sienna516 I was pretty worried about it staying after my first pregnancy. The truth is I already have a high risk (dad & sister are both type 2), so pregnancy may trigger it, but I was already worried. Last time it went away, and I'm praying it does this time too. The most I can do is make a solid effort here on out to eat well and exercise. Truthfully though, everyone faces some medical concerns due to genetics, and I try to remind myself it could be much worse (not that that helps when I REALLY want a cupcake!!). 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mello13 said:
    @Sienna516 I was pretty worried about it staying after my first pregnancy. The truth is I already have a high risk (dad & sister are both type 2), so pregnancy may trigger it, but I was already worried. Last time it went away, and I'm praying it does this time too. The most I can do is make a solid effort here on out to eat well and exercise. Truthfully though, everyone faces some medical concerns due to genetics, and I try to remind myself it could be much worse (not that that helps when I REALLY want a cupcake!!). 
    I agree at first I was pretty upset about being diagnosed but now I think it could be worse. All I have to do technically is eat right and exercise (which I weird cause I was already doing that but whatever lol). I really want some chocolate though!! 
  • Options
    @Sienna516 YES!  Like, I get a pit in my stomach whenever I think about it.  I had no risk factors for GD and I have no risk factors for Type 2, so when my diabetes counselor told me that I FREAKED.  Like, I know it's dramatic but I lost sleep over it.  I feel like I started my pregnancy as a healthy person and I'm ending it with this giant risk that I didn't have before.  

I should probably also say that I am a generally high-anxiety person and often catastrophize (is that a word?) my worries.  So don't take my worries as justification for your own.  I just wanted you to know that someone else feels the same way.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnastasiaBeaverhausen09 Thank you for commenting back that you feel the same way! I've been a nervous wreck since a week before the 3 hour test just worrying about everything. I know I'm a worrier in general, which I know is bad. I was a little higher risk for GD going into pregnancy due to my weight being on the high side, but I had been working out & eating healthier for the last couple of years losing weight and working out with a trainer for 8 months. During my appointment yesterday, the RN made me feel like everything would be ok and then my doctor got me all worked up with the stats about having type 2 after pregnancy. I know I've been a bit dramatic about having it as well, but doing all this blood sugar testing is really stressful for me (needle phobic). It's like I don't want to eat because I'm so anxious about the pricking. Only 278 pricks left until my due date.. and then how ever long after that I need to do it. I'm thinking about trying to go swimming (if my suit fits!) a couple of days a week to add some more exercise in besides walking. 

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • Options
    @Sienna516 OMG I can so relate to you!  I was so anxious to eat at first that I would literally get nauseous and start gagging.  That has gotten better.  I was so anxious to do the finger pricks that my hands would shake uncontrollably.  That has gotten better.  I also have a finger prick countdown!  I am one day behind you so only 281 left for me!  My anxiety has really gotten better since I've been doing it for a few weeks, and I hope yours does too.
    Pregnancy Ticker