Babies on the Brain

The days are crawling...

My husband and I decided last summer to try for a baby starting in May of this year. Last summer, the wait didn't seem so extreme. Now, I'm SO close to stopping birth control, but it feels like time is passing so slowly. I keep dreaming that I'm pregnant, and once I woke up with my hand on my belly after dreaming that I was rubbing a pregnant belly. The funny thing is, I've never had much of a desire to be pregnant. Even now, if my husband was ok with adopting, I'd do that instead. I just want a baby. 

I am tired of waiting, but I'm so close to the month we will try. We are waiting for money reasons. Our only debt after May will be my student loans, which are relatively small, and the mortgage payment. I'm excited to pay off my car in two and a half years instead of five. I'm keeping busy by doing everything I can do now. I take prenatal vitamins, read everything I can, and am learning all I can about temping. I'm also using Friends as a distraction. Not my friends as in people, but the tv show, "Friends." My real life friends help too, but that tv show is my happy place. 

How are the rest of you handling waiting? 

Are you doing anything now to prepare for the time you try to conceive? Assuming most people plan to try, which I know isn't always the case. 

Re: The days are crawling...

• I'm thinking all of your planning and reading is just making things worse for you! I stop doing all things baby related and take your mind off of it :) Besides, what if when you do try it takes you a year or more to even get pregnant?! Not trying to be a downer but for your own sanity I would try to take a step back and chill a bit. Good luck to you!
  • I'm thinking all of your planning and reading is just making things worse for you! I stop doing all things baby related and take your mind off of it :) Besides, what if when you do try it takes you a year or more to even get pregnant?! Not trying to be a downer but for your own sanity I would try to take a step back and chill a bit. Good luck to you!
    Oh, you're not being a downer. You're totally right, and I know. It's just so hard! It's like an addiction. I know it may take a while, but at least then I'll be able to try. Sitting around not able to do anything is bothering me so much. Maybe I should step off for a little while. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Molly&D said:
    I'm thinking all of your planning and reading is just making things worse for you! I stop doing all things baby related and take your mind off of it :) Besides, what if when you do try it takes you a year or more to even get pregnant?! Not trying to be a downer but for your own sanity I would try to take a step back and chill a bit. Good luck to you!
    Oh, you're not being a downer. You're totally right, and I know. It's just so hard! It's like an addiction. I know it may take a while, but at least then I'll be able to try. Sitting around not able to do anything is bothering me so much. Maybe I should step off for a little while. 

I literally had to stay away from these boards when it was taking a super long time getting pregnant with my first child. Made it easier for me in a way.
  • If you are wanting to get pregnant in May, then stopping hormonal birth control may be a very wise choice. It can take months for your body to regulate after stopping BC. The longer you have been on it, the longer your body may take to work itself out.

Take this time to focus on you and your SO. TTC can be stressful and doesn't always happen in the timing we may like. Besides, time goes so much faster when you are having fun and enjoying yourself rather than stressing over future plans.
  • I'd like to get pregnant in June or July, if I had the power to choose, but May is when I'm getting off birth control. I've been on it for a long time, so it could take a while to get back to normal, and I know that. I'd just rather get pregnant later than earlier. Well, logically, I would rather it be later. My emotional side wants it to be right now.

@Kay6519 thanks for the additional support. You're very right. I need to just chill out and enjoy time with my sweet husband. 
  • I'm in a similar boat... we decided, as of December, we'd start trying in September. Right around "O" day I tend to find myself lingering on here more and more... and when that day comes & passes- I return to my normal self! I know that doesn't help you much- but, maybe plan a few fun things to look forward to over the next few months?  A concert, or maybe even just a little road trip to a really nice restaurant you haven't been able to check out yet. I've started marking local hikes that I want to do this summer- it's really helped to tame the baby fever by thinking about all the fun we're going to have this summer and plans that are in the works. It's not a cure- but it does help!
  • I am actually okay with the waiting most of the time. Recently (like this past weekend), the baby fever bug bit me pretty hard. I know our plan makes sense to so that's what is keeping me holding on. I also know this is likely my last baby so what's a few more months in the grand scheme of things. I'm trying to deep clean my house, save money, and spend lots of one on one time with my kiddo right now. That's saving my sanity.

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • When the baby bug gets really bad, I tend to get away from the baby books/boards/magazines/sites. Instead I'll focus on chores and projects that I want to do, like refinishing a coffee table or organizing my garage.