3rd Trimester

Glucose test

SO I failed the one hour by 5 stupid pts. TTMA the 3 hour. Who passed and who failed? I really don't want to drink that crap again.
Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13

Re: Glucose test

• there's quite a few women who fail the one hour test but pass the three hour test, so you still have a chance. good luck!
  • I failed the 1-hour TERRIBLY. Passed the 3-hour with flying colors.
  • Loading the player...
  • Failed the 1-hr and passed the 3-hr. Twice actually. (Not so) Funny story, but I was lucky enough to have to do the 3 hour twice this pregnancy. 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Failed both 1hr & 3hr, so I have GD. Definitely not happy about it. Met with the dietitian yesterday and got my lovely finger pricker. Good luck!

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • Failed my 1 hr but passed my 3 hr test. Go for the orange flavor glucola if they have it, the fruit punch one sucks
  • I passed the 1-hour. I was shocked - I've had blood sugar problems for my entire life and was sure I'd at least have to take the 3-hour or possibly even have GD.
     Did you put your drink over ice? My OB recommended doing so and it was much more palatable. :smile: 
  • fourtsixand2fourtsixand2 member
    edited February 2016
    Failed 1 hour by a few points and passed 3 hour. The drink was as nasty the 2nd time around too. Lol. 
  • 2winterbabies2winterbabies member
    edited February 2016
    I passed with flying colors but ask for the orange flavor as @SmallyMcSmall mentioned.
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Please keep in mind that what happens to other women has absolutely no bearing on what will happen with you. When I failed my one hour test I did an extensive Google search to see how common it was. The vast majority of women said they failed the one hour but passed the three hour (usually "with flying colors"). Based on that anecdotal evidence I was sure I'd be fine, but sure enough I failed my three hour test as well and was diagnosed with GDM.
    Image result for can i interest you in a sarcastic comment
    Me: 33  DH: 34
    DS1: March 18, 2016
    DS2: due June 7, 2018
  • I had to get mine done yesterday. I went to Quest and at check in I told the nurse that I had fasted as I was told. We even had a conversation about fasting. She gave me the drink and then I waited the hour. Finally, I go to get my blood drawn... The nurse realizes she messed up! She never drew my fasted blood before the drink so now I had to go back again today and redo it! Fingers crossed that I passed, I don't want to do it again. 
  • stisnd6 said:
    I had to get mine done yesterday. I went to Quest and at check in I told the nurse that I had fasted as I was told. We even had a conversation about fasting. She gave me the drink and then I waited the hour. Finally, I go to get my blood drawn... The nurse realizes she messed up! She never drew my fasted blood before the drink so now I had to go back again today and redo it! Fingers crossed that I passed, I don't want to do it again. 
    Did your doctor specifically order for your fasted blood to be drawn before the 1-hour test? Because that isn't typically done. Usually for the 1-hour you just have one blood draw. So unless your doc had a reason for that the nurse may have been confused. 
  • Some of the lasted statistics show that 40-50% of women fail the 1 hour gtt.
    I myself have never passed the 1 hour but have always passed the 3 hour.
  • stisnd6 said:
    I had to get mine done yesterday. I went to Quest and at check in I told the nurse that I had fasted as I was told. We even had a conversation about fasting. She gave me the drink and then I waited the hour. Finally, I go to get my blood drawn... The nurse realizes she messed up! She never drew my fasted blood before the drink so now I had to go back again today and redo it! Fingers crossed that I passed, I don't want to do it again. 
    Did your doctor specifically order for your fasted blood to be drawn before the 1-hour test? Because that isn't typically done. Usually for the 1-hour you just have one blood draw. So unless your doc had a reason for that the nurse may have been confused. 
    Yes, he requested the fasted one. But I had told the supervisor I had fasted and we discussed it too. She was the one who immediately gave me the drink while we talked about fasting. This is actually the 3rd time this location has messed up on me. Needless to say I'm never going back. I only continued to go there because it was the closest to my work and I usually have to go right before work. 
  • I failed the 3 hour. I passed the fasting draw, failed the next two, and almost passed out so skipped the last one. (Then I hurled on the way home.) Yeah. Have fun! 

:( Seriously though, best of luck! Most who fail the 1 hour pass the 3 hour. I passed it with my first.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• My OB office didn't do a 1 hour and doesn't do a 3 hour. They only do a 2 hour one with fasting (which I missed the 2nd hour draw by 1 point). I'm not seeing a lot of other places where their doctors office does a 2 hour one. Being sent to MFM on Tuesday with a diagnosis of gestational diabetes. 

Did any one else do only a 2 hour?? 
  • My OB office didn't do a 1 hour and doesn't do a 3 hour. They only do a 2 hour one with fasting (which I missed the 2nd hour draw by 1 point). I'm not seeing a lot of other places where their doctors office does a 2 hour one. Being sent to MFM on Tuesday with a diagnosis of gestational diabetes. 

Did any one else do only a 2 hour?? 
    My dr did the two hour and I also failed by one stinkin point! I had to go to a dietician and follow the gd diet, turn in numbers every week, and then as soon as my baby was born everything tested normal. For him and me. Good luck!
  • Thanks @parkerhouse. I read more up on it last night after I posted and it seems that he American college of obstetrics and gynecology actually recommend the two step test instead of the one step one that we did. not sure why they use it but hoping when I go in tomorrow I will just have to track it all and eat healthy and every thing will be fine.
  • I was supposed to have a two hour but no one told me, so I hadn't fasted. Did a one hour instead. However the office said the two hour is starting to replace the one and three because it tells you definitely yes or no for a GD diagnosis.
  • My doctor was talking to me about a two hour test as well, no mention of a one or three hour. I guess we'll see when I go in next week! 
  • At my OB's office they do the 1 hour and 3 hour for pregnant ladies. They do the 2 hour test for anyone diagnosed with GB post-baby to see if their body went back to processing sugar normally now that the baby/placenta was not a factor.