September 2015 Moms
Options

Leap 5... Not that bad?

So LO hit 4th leap a bit early and it was absolutely miserable. I'm curious about the 5th leap. Anyone experiencing it? According to wonder weeks we should be in the midst of it. LO is a little crabby but outside of that I'm not really having any issues. Is it just not that bad or have we not actually hit it yet?

Re: Leap 5... Not that bad?

• Options
    I'm terrified to even write this out but we're in the middle of it according to the app and haven't noticed anything (we noticed right away with all the other leaps and four was a nightmare). The little thunder cloud isn't until March 3rd though so it could get worse for us then. Fingers crossed it stays ok! 
  • Options
    My LO had a painless Fourth Leap but is having a terrible Fifth Leap. It is downright horrible. We can't leave his side or he starts sobbing uncontrollably. He keeps waking up in the middle of the night and refuses to go back to sleep. The only way he will sleep is in his mamaroo, which is hilarious bc he is way too big for it. 

All babies are different? And crazy. Definitely crazy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're supposedly in the middle of leap 5 and it we haven't noticed any big changes. Leaps 2 and 3 were the worst for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are in it right now too, and it has been much worse for us than the 4th leap.  Yikes!!

• Options
    Five has been so much worse than four 
  • Options
    I don't follow the wonder weeks but the last couple of weeks have been really rough. LO is almost 26 weeks and he went from sleeping 8:30-7:30 without waking up to waking up multiple times a night, sometimes to eat and other times for seemingly no reason. He was never a good napper but I was able to get him to nap by taking him for a long walk. Not anymore. I walked 3+ miles every day the last several days and he never fell asleep once. He is crankier than usual. Difficult to nurse (arches his back, wails, bites). This is not fun!!  When is this supposed to be over if this is the 5th leap?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're in in too and honestly it only effects him falling asleep. It's rough but what I've been doing is letting him tire himself out in the jumperoo when he refuses to go down for a nap or bed. Then he thinks he's getting his way and then bam, he's ready to pass out. Id take this over the 4th leap any day
  • Options
    None of her leaps have been too terrible.... Until leap 5. Crying at every nap, up super early in the morning and takes forever to get back to sleep, extra fussy and not happy doing much! She started it a week early according to the app, I hope it's a short lived!