TTC After a Loss

Self care - What can you do today?

I have been working a lot on self-care and thought maybe we could all think about the positive ways we could take care of ourselves in this whole process.

So...

What are 5 things you could do or have done today to care of your mind, body, spirit?

1. I scheduled a "stitch fix" for myself. I've been striking out shopping lately and wanted to try this again. 
2. Not checking my work email.
3. Making myself a nice salad for lunch, I am trying to pick at things less, and eat more thoughtfully as opposed to just feeding everyone else.
4. I'm planning to take a ride to listen to my audio book. We usually do nap time at home and I clean etc. but today is drizzly and dreary and I want to drive around by the beaches, and listen to the rest of my book. So I'm going to!
5. I got a new face mask I want to try tonight. This winter is killing my skin and I need some extra hydration. 

Re: Self care - What can you do today?

• @BornReady Ahh! I was trying to think how to start a thread like this and then here it is!

Yesterday was really bad and I'm kind of hungover from that, so I don't know what to do today and I need these reminders pretty badly. Thank you.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Loading the player...
  • @BornReady I really liked the one StitchFix box I received and I am going to start it again soon.

@catiecatp I love peppermint chocolate anything. That's a good idea about just going straight for the hot chocolate.
  • I signed up for stitch fix too. I figured I'd treat myself to some new spring clothes.

I also just signed up for blue apron. They send you all the ingredients and recipes meals to cook 3 meals for two each week. I'm enjoying trying out some new recipes in the kitchen, especially now that I don't have to deal with horrible morning sickness Anymore. 

My Monday night date with Bachelor Ben helps keep me distracted too ;) 

• Yes! Yes! Positivity! 

1. Met with an academic advisor and am preparing myself for going back to school after so many years!
    2. I should do some yoga tonight....going to the gym w/DH in about an hour though....
    3. Had yesterday off and did absolutely nothing, it was really nice. Hadn't done that in a long time :)
    4. Take to puppies for a good long walk :) They are so fun to take out
    5. And...well DH have the night together after a week of him getting home late due to volunteer work, so I think some purely recreational BDing is in order :wink: 

In the meantime, I think I will head out with the pups and explore before DH activities!

I'm new to gifs, but I have a huge arsenal of memes!
    Wish I could make human babies like I make plant babies!

There's a gazillion of them!!
    Married to  for 3yrs w/5 furbabies :*
    TTC for 2 yrs.
    One loss at 9 wks, May 2014
    Two chemicals before TTC
    Preparing for infertility testing

• 1. Got my nails and eyebrows done. 

2. Had a half day at work, and did basically nothing with my time off. 

3. Took the dogs for a walk.

4. Yoga / Meditation

5. Not really for today, but I made reservations for a long weekend at a B&B not too far from home for next month. It will be wonderful to get some time away from home to relax with DH.
  • Aera11Aera11 member
    edited February 2016
    Ooo I love this post!  Loving the positive vibes :)

@catiecatp & @silentP yessss to the peppermint chocolate anything!  Peppermint chocolate bark around the holidays, yum.

1.  Getting up earlier than normal to have quiet time for myself.  Whether I read positive affirmations or sip coffee alone wrapped in a warm blanket, I've found a lot of peace in this.  As soon as my husband and the dog get up, it's go time.  This has helped me find more balance in my days.
    2.  Got a manicure and pedicure last week, long over due.
    3.  Meal planned for the week.  We sort of let our healthy(ish) homemade cooking slide over the last few weeks since our loss, so we both agreed to get back at cooking during the week.
    4.  Splurged on good coffee from a local shop.
    5.  New shoes for an upcoming trip.