breann5858breann5858 member
edited February 2016 in May 2016 Moms

Thoughts on the name Roscoe 88 votes

Love
12% 11 votes
Hate
87% 77 votes

Re: Thoughts on the name Roscoe

• Sorry but it makes me think of Rocoe the Bedbug Sniffing Dog...

cat fail animated GIF

• Definitely sounds like a puppy name to me. Sorry. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • @yogahh that is exactly what my H said when I suggested it before we knew we were having a girl! I still really like it though. Roscoe, Rocco, Bruno, Hugo, Otto - I like most "O" ending boys names!
  • And I wouldn't say I hate it really...its just a name I'm not fond of and wouldn't choose. 

• ....chicken and waffles....

That's what it reminds me of. Which I could totally go for BTW!!! :p
  • Immediately thought of chicken and waffles. 
  • I don't hate it, but it sounds like a dog's name. 
  • I lived in LA for five years. And I have eaten at this establishment which is, in a word, AMAZING.

Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Not my style. If you love it go for it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I've met a few dogs named roscoe. I don't love it for this reason. 
  • Love it. Cute for a kid, respectable for an adult. It's a good lifelong name:)
  • Ditto on the dog name comments.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• It's a dog's name.. Sorry.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • I'm biased because it sounds almost exactly like the last name of my ex, but if it wasn't it does seem like a cute name for a puppy.  
  • Agree with most PP's... Sorry, don't like it. But it's your decision so you make that call. Some people weren't fond of names I was coming up with but I wasn't going to let it stop me.
  • kp90 said:
    Agree with most PP's... Sorry, don't like it. But it's your decision so you make that call. Some people weren't fond of names I was coming up with but I wasn't going to let it stop me.

Second what she said! We have picked our name and we assume there will be a lot of people who won't like it, but we don't care. That's also part of the reason we are not announcing his name until he is born. :)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • I don't love it, but I also don't think it's terrible or only a dog's name or anything like that. Around here there's a restaurant called Roscoe's Tacos which is where my mind goes first off. 

Basically, it's not my style but you should feel free to use it if you like it. I couldn't vote because I don't feel strongly either way about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My friend named her baby this, but I believe the spelling was "Rosscoe" after an navy admiral (we live in a navy based tiny city). She had never heard of Dukes of Hazzard. I don't mind the name, but maybe it's bc I love the baby! It's better than many, many popular boys names I've heard.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Roscoe P. Coltrane
    the dukes of hazard. 
  • I actually like it because it's a name we've all heard, but I've never met a person (or a dog) named Roscoe.  I think it's unique and once it's on an actual baby - people will love it.
  • My friends 7yr old is Roscoe, and I love it now. I wouldn't have before I met him honestly, but now I think it's great.
  • My brother's name is Ross, which I love. 
  • Couldn't help but notice this is your one and only post to TB, @breann5858. Any interest in further contributing and giving us an update on how you feel about the name after getting your poll and comment feedback from all of us?
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• It actually reminds me of my grandmother.  Rather that rattle through all the names until she got the one she wanted (lol) she just called all the boys Roscoe and the girls were Gertrude! 
  • Dukes of hazard, but I like it. 
  • Not a name I am a fan of but hate is a strong word.
  • I wouldn't necessarily say I hate it, but I definitely don't love it. Like some PPs said, t made me think of a puppy.