July 2016 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday.

Apparently I have a lot to complain about this week :)

Puberty is a twatwaffle. Between pregnancy hormones and what appears to be the start of DD's puberty hormones, we are a hot mess at my house. Although she will proclaim I. AM. NOT. GOING. THROUGH. PUBERTY!!! Ok child, your oily skin/hair, BO, sprouting boobs, and emotions say otherwise. DH doesn't know how to handle all this, and is super happy to be having a boy. 

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My twat waffle is my morning sickness that has decided to kill me this week. I have not been able to keep anything down since yesterday morning. 
  • Options
    @DominiqueU Are there at least free refreshments? Free food might take the edge off of having to go back to work in the evening for me!
  • Options
    @DominiqueU Are there at least free refreshments? Free food might take the edge off of having to go back to work in the evening for me!
    No!  I would love some refreshments. But instead it's usually just kind of a "Come yell at your child's teacher" night. At least all my families this year are pretty kind and understanding. 
  • Options
    No!  I would love some refreshments. But instead it's usually just kind of a "Come yell at your child's teacher" night. At least all my families this year are pretty kind and understanding. 
    Ugh... sounds rough! Well good luck, and hopefully if you have good families this year, it'll make the time pass quickly. ...and maybe you can justify picking up a snack on the way home. :wink: 
  • Options
    What's really bothering me this week is being so tired! And the hormones are in high drive. So I'm crying. A lot. Usually about being hungry and tired. Sigh
  • Options
    One of the clients I work with attends a daycare part time.  His behavior is not great there during his time without his 1:1.  The staff complains constantly, but refuses to implement the behavior plan we use and just generally reinforces his poor behavior making it harder for everyone.  It's stressful and annoying.  Either do what I suggest (that works!) or quit bitching at me and deal.  
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    My twatwaffle today is DH. If something is going to get done at our house, I have to be the one to organize it. We're re-refinishing our basement after DH tried his hand at plumbing to save some money (BIG MISTAKE.) Who has called and met with the insurance adjuster, the plumber, and the general contractor? I'll give you one guess. So now that that's all out of the way, it's time to get the flooring back in. I call the installation company, and they say they'll have someone call me within 24 hours to schedule a time to come and take measurements and give a quote. I get a text from DH this afternoon saying the person will be at our house Thursday at noon (code for this is how I'm spending my lunch hour on Thursday). Of course the one time DH schedules something, he didn't bother to ask me what my schedule actually is beforehand, and I can't actually go home that day. I ask for the installer's number to reschedule, and he says, "Why did you have them call me, if you gave me information that wasn't accurate?" Well, buck-o, I didn't have them call you. I gave them my number. Andplusalso, I didn't give you misinformation, I gave you NO information, because you never schedule anything! Ugh.
  • Options
    @DominiqueU and @jlmartinez517 I completely understand your tws. I had conferences in the fall for a full week until 9 at night. I also work at a school with a lot of entitled children, which means a lot of "lawnmower parents" (good no know this term bc I definitely deal with these people and didn't know the term for them). 

@PugsandKisses talk about rude! I'm glad you said something to make them realize how rude they were! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My naive co-workers....I seriously feel for my bosses and worry about what's going to happen to this place while I'm gone. I had one that didn't understand how to use a 2x4 large mailing label to go on packages/large envelopes, or our postage scale for anything above an envelope. The other has been here 5 months and lost her work key already. She used the other girl's key to make herself a new one and a spare "just in case" the same thing happens again. She then told me she planned to put the spare outside, as a hide a key. WTF!?!? I had to explain to her why that was a bad idea, and that people would still consider using it, EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE AN ALARM! Their stupidity never ceases to amaze me. 
  • Options
    DH is my TW! I love him and he has been great but today I had it. I am stuck on bed rest and we don't know what's going to happen and everyone thinks it's so easy to lay around. But it sucks and the last person I need shit from is him. He is just mad that he has to do everything that I do and he realizes it's not easy. He was complaining about not having time for himself every day... I wanted to laugh at him! 
  • Options
    My TW is my stupid co-worker. I work at a school setting up the science experiments, with 2 other workers. One is amazing- she's my best friend and I swear without her this department would burn down. The other is a guy who believes the department would burn down without him, but in truth would probably run better. Now said guy was being a toser this morning. I've came in whilst he was moving Lego Robotics kits from one building to another. He was just putting them into another teacher's room without any sort of protection. Keep in mind that these kits are worth $50 000. I asked him if he had put a note or something on the boxes so that no one touches them. He promptly slams down the trolley that was holding the kits, which causes the kits to fall off the trolley, open and spill all 500 pieces of each kit all over the floor. He then looks at me like I caused it and walked out. So I got the fun job of re-sorting these kits that I had already sorted. But he's the hero because he's moving them around the school. God damn it I was to slap him sooo bad.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    My TW is morning sickness. After going 3 weeks without getting sick, I've been sick all day. Not cool body, not cool.
  • Options
    The professor who scheduled a class from 8:30-10:00 tonight is a TW. Dude, I'm pregnant and I'm usually in the middle of a REM cycle by the time 10 o'clock rolls around. :neutral: 
  • Options

@heathereaddy me too! I haven't thrown up in like 2 weeks, then it was so bad over the weekend I was hospitalised. Even now I am relying very heavily on anti-vomit medication.

We can hate on our bodies together yahh haha.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options

my TW are these stupid blood screens.  I did the panorama 3 times and it kept coming back inconclusive so my Dr. send me to the High Risk Dr in the practice and he did the Informaseq test.  After waiting for over 2 weeks for results it's also inconclusive.  The Dr. then told me we have to do an Amnio if I want results for down syndrome and a bunch of other things so we did that on Wednesday last week.  It was scary and only a little painful but now it's almost a week later and they still don't have the results in.  They said 3-4 days.  =(  My anatomy scan is this Friday so at least we will know the sex by then.  On the plus side I have been feeling baby move a ton and I'm feeling good~ less tired than I have been.  Just dying to know if it's a boy or a girl and that it's healthy.  Hoping for the best and pissed I wasted almost 8 weeks on blood screenings that didn't work.

• Options
    This week has been full of twatwaffles but the most special one is the client I am working for. As an interior designer, you hire me to do all the work and the design - not so you can consult the contractor on the changes, doesn't work like that!!! Only a few more weeks until this is complete, but until then give me strength!
  • Options
    sxwattssxwatts member
    edited February 2016
    FTM, and the unsolicited pregnancy advice is starting to roll in...coworker told me to shower 2-3 times a day to avoid stretch marks, and that if I'm tired on the weekends from running errands or doing housework I must be low on iron, and I adjusted my shirt in front of her and she said to stop itching bc that will give me stretch marks too. I had no idea people would be so concerned about my body and if I get stretch marks!