February 2016 Moms

Our babies check up apts

Hey ladies! Just wanted to make a post about how our babies are doing and how their check ups have been since delivery. Have your little ones passed their birth weight? Any concerns? Etc 
Carmine is 2 weeks 2days old and had his second check up today. Healthy little boy and finally passed his birth weight. 
Birth weight was 6lb9oz 
Left hospital with him weighing 6lb1oz
1st apt when he was 4 days old he weighed 6lbs2.8oz 
Today he weighed 6lbs13oz
I will be changing his pediatrician. My husband and I both think she's very unfriendly and we don't want all 4 of our kids having her as a pedi. 

Re: Our babies check up apts

• Loading the player...
  • @Twindling girl I know what you mean. My fourth is my smallest baby and he's so tiny to me. My other 3 kids were over 8lbs and they were so chunky at birth. 
  • Eleanor is a month tomorrow and out of her newborn clothes and newborn cloth diapers. She passed her birth weight at 6 days old and at her last weigh in was 9lbs 4oz. We had a midwife and was so lucky to have home visits for her first checkups. We didn't have to bring her to them until 3 weeks old. She caught a cold from her brother and is just getting over it now.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eleanor is a month tomorrow and out of her newborn clothes and newborn cloth diapers. She passed her birth weight at 6 days old and at her last weigh in was 9lbs 4oz. We had a midwife and was so lucky to have home visits for her first checkups. We didn't have to bring her to them until 3 weeks old. She caught a cold from her brother and is just getting over it now.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ella Rose is 5 weeks old today. At her appointment last Thursday she was 7lbs15oz. She was 7lbs 5oz at birth and dropped to 6lbs 11oz at her smallest. We had some latching issues at the beginning but are on track now with the help of an awesome lactation consultant and she is averaging about an oz a day now. So many sweet babies.
    We have the same giraffe onesie! As I was scrolling through I got confused because I thought it was a picture of my LO but she has a ton of blonde hair lol
  • Amelia is 2 weeks today and breastfeeding like a champ. Born at 7.4 she is now at 7.13. Dr  she has a bit of colic but that she will grow out of it. In the meantime we get to find ways to soothe her. Yay what fun. Other than that she is a very happy baby. 
  • We went to Eleanor's 2 week appt today. She was born at 7lbs 2oz and 19in. Today she was 8lb 1.5oz and 20in. The doc was way happy with her growth. I saw signs of her getting thrush and had the doctor check her. Sure enough... she's got it! I just thought my nipples were sore because she's been cluster feeding all damn night long. But it's thrush too! So we have a liquid to swish in her mouth (and wipe on my nipples) and a cream for her bottom. I had to call my doc and get a script for diflucan. I'm going to try a nipple shield until she clears up. Hopefully this will help us not pass it to each other and clear it up faster.

• Olivia is 3.5 weeks old.  she was 6lbs 6oz at birth at her appointment 3 days after birth she weighed 6lbs 5oz so she never really lost very much.  at her 2 week appointment she was at 7lbs 5oz.  She's been growing really well.  I can't believe she's almost a month old already!  How did that sneak up on me.
    My Baby Penguins
    DD1: 9/19/11
    DS: 1/1/14
    DD2: 1/31/16

• Camden finally passed his birthweight at 4 weeks. Was 7lbs3oz, now 7lbs 12oz. He lost almost a pound after birth and had alottle trouble gaining the first two weeks
  • AJ had a checkup last night at 3w1d and he weighs 10lb 6oz and 22inches. The Dr was quite impressed with his weight gain and said she had absolutely no concerns. He was born at 8lb 14oz and dropped to 8lb 6oz at 4 days old, so he has gained a full 2lbs in a little over 2 weeks. I'm so surprised he weighs that much now, even though newborn clothes don't fit him anymore, because he is such a quick nurser usually only stays latched for 5-10 minutes tops on one side and will not take the other side for anything but still nurses every 2-3 hours. I kept thinking there's no way he is getting enough with that short time nursing but I guess he is :smile: . 
  • @lilqt3929 I was worried about DD because she's a short nurser, too. She was 8lb at birth and dropped to 7lb 6oz at 3 days. They had us come in today at 5 days for a weight recheck and she's 7lb 14oz (so, gained 8oz in 2 days). I guess she's getting plenty! My boobs wish she'd spend more than 10 minutes, though ;)

• By his 2 week check up, my lo had surpassed his birth weight by a pound, so everything is going well! He has a blocked tear duct which is gross but the ped said they don't even pay attention to those until 9 months ... 
  • @VitaLuna I hear you there, mine have adjusted but its weird having lopsided boobs :wink:  ! It's such a difference from my first because she'd nurse both sides so it'd take about 40 minutes to feed her. With this baby its so quick and makes it super easy when we are out and about, he's fed and burped usually within 10 minutes! We'll see if it lasts...