April 2016 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 2/23

Week/Size:

Symptoms:

Upcoming Appointments:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 2/23

• Week/Size: 34 weeks/Butternut Squash

Symptoms:  Acid reflux which I now managing with Zantac at night.  That stuff is life changing.  Otherwise feeling okay

Upcoming Appointments:  Just had u/s to check for growth yesterday.  Everything looks good and measuring right to my due date schedule.  OB came down with flu, so had to push normal OB visit to Friday.  Hopefully he's 100% recovered!

Rants/Raves:  Rant is that most of the items of my Amazon registry do not qualify for the completion coupon so I've opted not to buy them.  I put the ones that I could on my Target registry since they gave me 15% plus free shipping.  I am also concerned with the fact that baby was breech during u/s yesterday.  I know that in theory he has a lot of time to turn, but I really haven't prepared mentally for the possibility of C/S.  Hopefully I'll see progress at next 2 week appointment.

Rave: DH got shelving installed in nursery, so now I just need to buy some accessory items.  I'm also scheduled to get my first big mid-management bonus of my career next Friday which is something I'm excited about. 

Questions:  None today

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH?  I also joke that we started talking over laundry in our dorm, but long story short we were Freshmen in college and in the same psychology class together.  He thought I was cute, told his friend, who told my roommate who in turn told me.  I made an effort to talk to him (while doing my laundry) and he finally asked me out.  16 years later, we're still together.  
  • Week/Size: 32/squash

Symptoms: BH ramped up over the weekend and yesterday, but after rehydrating and resting they seem to have eased. I've also been more careful about what I eat and stopped getting heartburn. Other than that I'm just tired. 

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for a routine check

Rants/Raves:
    Raves: nursery is just about complete! I feel like it took forever this time around. We went out boating/beaching on a nearby lake Saturday with our friends and it was soo cute seeing DD1 playing in the sand and having a blast with the other kids. It did make me sad that I probably won't be able to go out at all this summer. Total first world problem
    Rant: DH called me a planet yesterday. I said I felt like a planet one time a few weeks ago and now he says it to me all the time. As I get bigger and bigger. Not cool

Questions:

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH? We met at a bar when I was out with a friend of mine. She was getting hit on by some weird guy and I was playing on my phone. He came over and offered to buy both of us a drink and see if we wanted to hang out with him and his friends. Here we are eight and a half years later. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/Size: 33/honestly not sure what fruit!

Symptoms: fatigue, pelvic and back discomfort, reflux

Upcoming Appointments: a breastfeeding class in about two weeks and regular appointment the week after. 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: if DG hasn't mopped the floor my the time I get home, someone is sleeping on the couch. I'm really sick of taking care of 90% of chores when he's home way more than I am. He promised me it'd be done Sunday night. 
    Rave: I passed my ACLS written exam! Now I just have the hands-on portion, which I'm not nearly as worried about. 

Questions:

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH?
    He was my supervisor but we had to wait for him to get out of the army before getting serious. We definitely flirted with (and crossed) the line, so things moved VERY quickly once he was out. Technically, we got married about 3 months after we "started dating" but had plans to marry for a while before that. 
  • Week/Size: 34!

Symptoms: Discomfort and heartburn.

Upcoming Appointments: Had one today, everything was good, but I'm apparently anemic so I have to go back to taking horse-pill prenatals instead of gummies :(

Rants/Raves: DH finished installing the floor in his new office, so things can start happening with L's big girl room soon!

Questions:

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH?  I sometimes fib and say we met through a mutual friend, but I'll tell you guys the truth. (Nerd Alert!) We met on the same server in an online WWII first-person shooter video game.
    kids with flags
  • Week/Size: 33 weeks... durian fruit? WTF is that?!

Symptoms: LOTS of shortness of breath... and he is really rolling around in there!

Upcoming Appointments: A week from tomorrow! And I was measuring ahead at my last appointment so I get an ultrasound <3

Rants/Raves: So excited to see my little man! Just praying that he is head-down. Also, we are going through the TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE twos around here... and since my husband took this job in the DC area, he is gone during the week so it's just Rhys and me. The struggle. Is. Real.

Questions:

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH?: At a party in college... I was bumming cigarettes off him and the rest is history haha
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016

Symptoms: tiredness all the time

Upcoming Appointments: March 1st

Rants/Raves: my baby shower is in a week. And as grateful as I should be for the amount of help I've finally gotten. I'm just so annoyed it's not even going to be the theme I wanted

Questions:

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH? I met him on an online dating website almost five years ago.

Symptoms: tiredness all the time

Upcoming Appointments: March 1st

Rants/Raves: my baby shower is in a week. And as grateful as I should be for the amount of help I've finally gotten. I'm just so annoyed it's not even going to be the theme I wanted

Questions:

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH? I met him on an online dating website almost five years ago.
    Don't let it get to you... the theme doesn't matter! People are there to celebrate you... and shower your baby with gifts! Just enjoy it. I'm kind of sad I don't get one since it's my second pregnancy, not that I even need much.
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @pinottoparenthood is the durian the Asian fruit that smells really bad? Now I have to google...
  • @pinottoparenthood is the durian the Asian fruit that smells really bad? Now I have to google...
    I legit have no clue. But I hope it's big because I am huge!
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
    Yep, pretty sure it's supposed to smell like death.

On a related note, DH bought a papaya the other day... who in the world decided that's supposed to be edible?
    kids with flags

Symptoms: Probably ones most people are feeling. Body aches, tired of peeing, shortness of breath, etc!

Upcoming Appointments: OB check tomorrow and a rescan for our 4d us on Thursday since she decided not to move or face forward during the last one xD

Rants/Raves: DH got me a prenatal massage and mani/pedi for Valentine's Day which I used today. First time ever getting a massage and it was super relaxing! Also, baby shower is this weekend, so super excited!

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH? We met online on a voice chat program for beatboxers. He flew out here from England and 8 yrs ago yesterday avtually we started dating :D
  • Week/Size: 31/pineapple

Symptoms: I don't want to cry total victory yet, but after a visit to my dermatologist, with her prescriptions and many internet-sourced remedies, it appears that my PUPPPs is on the decline. Oh sweet relief! 

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until the end of next week.

Rants/Raves: During my itchiest last week, SO took such good care of me: preparing baths, making me tea, putting on cream, caressing my entire body (which soothed my skin without having to scratch it). I am a very lucky woman. :blush:  

Questions:

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH? At work, coup de foudre.
  • brenlo42 said:
    @pinottoparenthood is the durian the Asian fruit that smells really bad? Now I have to google...

On a related note, DH bought a papaya the other day... who in the world decided that's supposed to be edible?
    You don't like papaya?! It's so yummy, both as a ripe fruit and unripe in thai spicy salads. I could live on papaya and mango.
  •  zazouille said:
    brenlo42 said:
    @pinottoparenthood is the durian the Asian fruit that smells really bad? Now I have to google...

You don't like papaya?! It's so yummy, both as a ripe fruit and unripe in thai spicy salads. I could live on papaya and mango.
    I remember trying it years ago and not being a fan, but with this one I couldn't actually taste it. The smell alone made me gag. It smelled like vomit.
    kids with flags
  • Week/Size: 31 / pineapple

Symptoms: the usual, fatigue, lower backaches

Upcoming Appointments: my regular OB checkup on Monday

Rants/Raves: I think this is more of a vent, but now that I'm getting closer to the start of my maternity leave, I'm becoming more and more checked-out at work. I'm trying to continue to be engaged as my yearly performance review is coming up, but I'm just ready to call it quits!

Questions: None this week.

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH? I met my DH in college. We both were at different schools that were in the same area and had the same circle of friends. We didn't start dating for years afterwards tho.

Symptoms: Probably ones most people are feeling. Body aches, tired of peeing, shortness of breath, etc!

Upcoming Appointments: OB check tomorrow and a rescan for our 4d us on Thursday since she decided not to move or face forward during the last one xD

Rants/Raves: DH got me a prenatal massage and mani/pedi for Valentine's Day which I used today. First time ever getting a massage and it was super relaxing! Also, baby shower is this weekend, so super excited!

GTKU:  where/how did you meet your SO/DH? We met online on a voice chat program for beatboxers. He flew out here from England and 8 yrs ago yesterday avtually we started dating :D
    OMG - I am soooo tired of peeing!!