Pregnant after a Loss

Intro..Hi all!

Hi all. I did join my BMB but have a feeling I'll probably settle in here more (I find the BMB's a little overwhelming post-loss). My first pregnancy ended in MMC at the end of November last year, after seeing a heartbeat but with two relatively huge SCH's. We have been blessed to conceive again only 2 cycles post-D&C, due Halloween. I have feelings of both complete terror and elation all the time. It doesn't help that my OB won't see me until mid-March, when I'll be exactly as far along as I was when we discovered our loss last time. Until then, I'm trying to stay calm, enjoy this pregnancy (which, so far, feels very different symptomatically, but I'm only 4w1d). Just wanted to say hi and extend creepy internet hugs to everyone else in the same boat as I am.

Re: Intro..Hi all!

• Hi and congrats! Fx everything goes smoothly and uneventfully!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome! We share the same birth month :smile:  Congratulations and FX for an uneventful and healthy pregnancy
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Welcome and congrats! I also share the same birth month as you! Just found out yesterday I am due October 15th, which I'm taking as a positive sign since that is miscarriage awareness/remembrance day. I think it's normal and ok to be worried. I think I will be the whole pregnancy, but I find myself a little less anxious after each ultrasound. I have another one in two weeks. Fingers crossed for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy for us all! ❤️
  • Congratulations, I know what you mean about terror and elation at the same time... my first ended in mmc at 11 weeks in July. Got my BFP on the 12th and EDD Is 10/20. No symptoms yet which is starting to make me pretty nervous 
  • I'm so sorry about your loss and congratulations on your exciting news! Being PGAL is an emotional roller coaster, so take care of yourself and distract yourself. Welcome to the board! 
  • Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Glad to see so many other October mamas! FX for H&H 9 months for us all! 

@amandacox214 I can relate with not really having symptoms. Last pregnancy my breasts were huge and sore by now, and so far...nothing really. I am quite exhausted but I came down with a very nasty cold so I'm attributing the tiredness to that. I'm trying to not over analyze things but it's hard! I keep reminding myself that every pregnancy is different, and lack of symptoms doesn't really mean a bad outcome will occur. 
  • I live in Florida.  :)
    Welcome and good luck to you. PGAL is hard. Distractions help. Now is a good time for a project!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)