May 2016 Moms
Options

Rainbow Babies Catch Up

JoMunsonJoMunson member
edited February 2016 in May 2016 Moms
we had one awhile ago, but how are my other rainbow mamas doing?
my first baby didn't develop after 6 weeks, but I didn't find out/get everything sorted until about 15 weeks. Now I'm at 29 weeks with this baby. Every time they move I'm able to relax. For some reason, making it to 8 months is some kind of finish line for me in my mind (even though I know baby won't be done yet).
so mamas, how are you doing? What is your "safe week" in your mind?

Re: Rainbow Babies Catch Up

• Options
    I started feeling a LOT better after 20 weeks, but am still kind of a wreck after an early loss this summer. I don't think I'll feel completely OK until I have a healthy baby in my arms.
  • Options
    I also don't feel like my anxiety will go away until my little one is actually born and safely in my arms. I lost my last LO after 9 weeks and as it was still early, it didn't make it any easier. But I've made it to 28 weeks now and I'm so blessed and thankful every time I feel her move. Just want May to get here fast!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know that I'll ever feel like I'm in a "safe" period. After a 35 week loss that's really hard. I have even had the irrational thoughts of begging the doctor to induce me at 34 weeks or at least 36 at the latest. I know that won't happen and it's not what's best, but it doesn't keep me from thinking it.

The good thing is, this little guy moves soooo much that I hardly ever have time to notice he hasn't moved. This keeps my anxiety level in check. Hopefully, he doesn't slow down too much as he grows :)
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nervous, but taking it day by day.  Everytime I start to feel comfortable I have to jolt myself back into reality and remind myself that I'm only 26 weeks (27 tomorrow) and there is still time for anything to happen.  I have heard of women losing babies at 39 weeks and I cannot imagine.  We lost our first at almost 10 weeks.  We were shy of two days of it being 10 weeks.  While any loss is hard, I'm kind of relieved that it happened that early.  If I lost my rainbow that I have now, I don't know what I would do.  I've made even more of a connection with her.  I"m trying not to be too paranoid, and at the same time I'm trying not to get too comfortable, but at the same time I'm trying to enjoy the miracle growing inside me. 

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    hellogoodbye2hellogoodbye2 member
    edited February 2016
    Feeling daily movement totally takes away any anxiety. I am feeling large while trying to chase a toddler around so I don't have much time (or energy) to worry.

However, since I have been pregnant with this LO I have had 2 family members lose a baby and I think about them all the time!

ETA - forgot to mention that I have been thinking about my 2 losses more than usual lately. It eases my mind knowing that my body did what it needed to do. Something wasn't right with the pregnancy and/or baby and my body took action quickly so that I didn't suffer any long-term damage. It SUCKS having to go through a m/c, but those facts do help me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We lost our first baby at 27 weeks.  I passed that mark last week, so it was a huge milestone, but I also felt sad for my other baby at the same time.  I just can't wait to have this baby in our arms!
  • Options
    Echoing lots of other mommas here by saying I don't think i'll have a safe week in my mind...won't feel that way until she's in my arms. While some pregnant ladies complain about their aches and pains and how their baby kicks them in the ribs, I love it. My m/c last year really taught me not to plan or worry about things that I can't control, but to focus on what I have right now because nothing in life is guaranteed. I think about the precious life that was lost, and this sweet baby will never be a replacement. I cry thinking about never holding him/her but I feel so lucky that God would choose to give me grace through the little girl I carry now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @aehogan90 you're so right about the complaining! Pregnancy isn't always magical but it's way better than miscarriage.
  • Options
    My little girl was stillborn at 28 weeks last May. And I'm 28 weeks and 6 days today! This past week has deffinitely been the hardest for me, adding to it that my body decided to go into preterm labor last Sunday, and I've been on hospital bedrest ever since. They finally let me go home yesterday after two days without any contractions, but I'd rather be at the hospital where they can watch my little man 24/7! Pregnancy is so incredibly stressful for any woman, but where we've had loses , those stresses are so much more real. My doctor told me if I can make it to 32 weeks he will be VERY pleased! So I guess that's my magic number :) 3 weeks and 1 day to go!! 
    We can do this ladies :)
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this thread, and creepy Internet hugs to you all.  PGAL anxiety is so hard.

I agree that I don't feel like I've found a "safe week."  Our loss was early -- eight weeks -- and I'm 27 weeks now.  I'm just so grateful for each day and for each time I feel her dancing around.  I keep thinking that my anxiety will go away with each milestone (hearing the heartbeat, NT scan, Materniti21 results, end of first tri, 20-week ultrasound, 24-week viability), but nope.  

Just can't wait to hold this sweet baby in my arms!
    imageimage