May 2016 Moms
Options

anyone dilated yet?

I am 30 weeks babys due date was originally may 6th then may 1st and may change tomorrow. I did self check and I am already dilating. Anyone else?

Re: anyone dilated yet?

• Options
    Wow I didn't even know you could check yourself? 
  • Options
    But why? I don't see a reason to do self checks. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't even know what I'm looking for?? 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I agree with PPs I didn't even realize that this was a thing and I would be afraid of infection. Does your Dr know you are checking for this?
  • Options
    But why? I don't see a reason to do self checks. 
    This! This is probably a post and run, but seriously? Before I had DD and had been checked by my dr, I didn't even know where my cervix located, let alone know how to do a self check. 
  • Options
    Huhhhhhhh?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so confused by this post... I feel like none of us are at the point where we should be dialating yet.  
  • Options
    Yikes ! I'm 28 weeks, almost 29 and went into preterm labor Last sunday!! Been on hospital bedrest for the past week because I'm dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced! Never checked myself but if you think your dilating I don't think that's normal :/ 
  • Options
    I am 30 weeks babys due date was originally may 6th then may 1st and may change tomorrow. I did self check and I am already dilating. Anyone else?
    QFP I feel like this is going to be a DD
  • Options
    I'm 1 cm dilated at 28 weeks, but that's according to my doctor. I definitely wouldn't do your own cervical checks...
  • Options
    kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited February 2016
    Especially for stm+ it's pretty common to start dilating early in the third trimester. It doesn't necessarily mean that labor is around the corner. That said, I'd leave it alone and not risk infection or scratches by doing self-checks. If you're concerned, ask your doctor. 
  • Options
    Ok stupid question, and probably because I've just come from the sex thread...

Is there really a difference between your finger, and DH penis against your cervix? Though I guess to know you are 1cm dilated, you put your finger in your cervix? if so, nope no thank you. at least penis will only touch it.
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    mrstmoosemrstmoose member
    edited February 2016
    Sounds painful. I wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    I don't know if there's anything I want to do less than check my own cervix. 
  • Options
    I have not checked my cervix...is this the same as checking CP when TTGP? I tried to do that but didn't really like doing it...the OPKs and checking CM was good enough for me!

(I totally used this post as an excuse to break out the old pre-pg abbreviations I used to use all the time!)
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    I can't think of a good reason to be checking myself at this point, even if I did know what I was looking for. If my doctor isn't doing it, why should I??
  • Options
    vinerie said:
    I have not checked my cervix...is this the same as checking CP when TTGP? I tried to do that but didn't really like doing it...the OPKs and checking CM was good enough for me!

(I totally used this post as an excuse to break out the old pre-pg abbreviations I used to use all the time!)
    EWCM. TCOYF.

cat fail animated GIF