Infertility
Options

Ovulation predictor????

Krista537Krista537 member
edited February 2016 in Infertility
Help please! 
So I'm back after a few months off due to polyps. :( 
After 3 failed iui's, I am on my last few efforts. This month my Dr. Is recommending TI with Clomid due to my boyfriend being in hospital she doesn't want to chance last IUI yet. 
That being said I need help with ovulation predictor kit! I have NO idea what im doing or which kit to buy! 
Any suggestions ? 

Re: Ovulation predictor????

• Options
    Go to the drug store, where they keep the pregnancy tests.  That's where they sell the ovulation predictor kits.  A lot of people like the fancy digital ones, but I had no trouble with the cheap strips. 

Be aware that clomid can cause a false positive.  So don't freak out if the test strips suggest that you're ovulating days before you thought you would-- it could just be a false positive.  Go ahead and have sex, but keep testing, and when it goes positive for real, have more sex.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    Ok great! I am going to grab them today!  Thanks for info about the Clomid too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I buy Wondfo from Amazon, they are very cheap and it works for me. Some women with PCOS could have positive LH few times in their cycles and it gets confusing, then you might need a more sophisticated one. But even though I have PCOS and my ovulation time changes every cycle I can detect the LH surge everytime, it has been very accurate for me.Our doctor recommended to have sex the night you see the positive OPK and the next day. Good luck ! 
  • Options
    I tried the cheap wondfo ones and they did not work for me. I was much happier with a digital test where I didn't have to guess as to what color the line was. It took a lot of the stress away for me. I got the Clear Blue Digital one. Yeah, it was like $40, but I only bought the one kit because of monitoring by my RE I knew when to start testing and didn't have to waste a bunch of strips.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    Krista537Krista537 member
    edited February 2016
    Thank you! I tried a digital a long time ago and it broke before I even saw a  :) so I am not sure I trust them. 
  • Options
    I agree with @AandDM2014.  I'm rarely able to get a positive on a Wondfo test, but the ClearBlue (NOT advanced) always work. They're also what my RE recommends. 
  • Options
    When did you typically test? Them said first morning urine. But I've read conflicting articles about it?
  • Options
    My RE has me test around noon time. The packaging on the ClearBlue says anytime of day is fine, as long as it's the same time. But LH testing on regular strips is supposedly best if done midday. 
  • Options
    I had to test 3x a day with the Wondfo's to get a positive. I found the OPKs to be so frustrating. Good luck!!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker