TTC after 35
Options

Testing question/advice (loss mentioned)

After a year of trying with one miscarriage in June, we have started exploring other options with my Obgyn. The first steps were to get my bloodwors and my husbands semen analysis. Now I have a apportionment with him tomorrow to get an ultrasound to check my tubes and then discuss all the results. 
In the meantime, we tried again during my last ovulation. My period is due on Thursday. The appointment is tomorrow. Should I take one of those early response tests tomorrow morning before going or just mention it when I get there? 
Theres a chance I'm pregnant because we did try. 

Re: Testing question/advice (loss mentioned)

• Options
    When did you ovulate?
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    On feb 11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    if you ovulated on the 11th there is a chance you would get a positive now. Earliest the home pregnancy tests can detect HCG is usually 10 DPO. If the doctors dont require you to do a pregnancy test prior to your appointment chances are whatever they are doing is not going to be harmful to a potential embryo. For example a simple ultrasound will not hurt a baby. If they are checking your tubes like you say however this sounds more like an HSG. I am getting an HSG today and they required me to have a pregnancy test done 2 days ago to confirm I am not pregnant since they inject you with dye use an xray to view your uterus and tubes. In addition they should not schedule an HSG for any days other than CD 7-10 to avoid the chance that you might be pregnant. Id make sure all they were doing was an ultrasound at your next appointment and if so do not worry.
  • Options
    No I don't think its a HSG. I mean, he didn't say that. He just said an ultrasound. I guess I will find out when I'm there. They called to confirm the other day and didn't say anything. Also my doctor is pretty thorough. I think he would have made it a point to say if there was dye involved. 
  • Options
    I agree with @rspalding001 - I had to have my urine tested prior to my HSG to ensure I was not pregnant.  If I remember right, they intentionally did mine on a certain day of my cycle just to really be sure there wouldn't be an issue.  It's possible, he's just doing and ultrasound but when you talk about 'tubes' it makes me think HSG because that's the only way to make sure they are patent. 
    Good luck!
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Options
    If they haven't done a transvaginal US yet, then that will be the first step. There is no risk with TVUS if you are pregnant, they are done on pregnant women to confirm early pregnancy/heartbeat/weeks gestation (I chaperone them at work often). TVUS does not check your tubes though....if they are checking your tubes that sounds like a HSG, which you cannot do if pregnant. I would call and confirm which one it is. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!