Pregnant after a Loss

Can someone help ease my anxiety?

hey all- this is my first post on this board. A little background on me: my husband and I had our first child in October of 2012. 

november 2015 I had a surprise positive pregnancy test. We were shocked but happy and it made me realize how much I wanted my son to have a sibling. However, i miscarried that pregnancy around 6 weeks. I had a bad feeling about it from the beginning because I wasn't ever able to turn a digital positive, whereas with my son I got a positive digital 11 dpo.

i just found out I am pregnant again. I had my first incredibly faint positive on Wednesdsy afternoon. Since then I've been getting positives (and getting darker) on FRERs. I figured I would likely be able to turn a digital positive this morning but much to my dismay, it told me not pregnant.

i am completely worried that this is progressing like my miscarriage and not my successful pregnancy. It's consuming me and I am having a hard time focusing on anyrhing else. I'm even having trouble sleeping since I am so anxious to wake up and test.

anyone have any words of wisdom/ encouragement for me? I could really use them about now :/

Re: Can someone help ease my anxiety?

• I'm so very sorry. Anxiety is terrible and so not helpful. The best advice I have is distraction. Find some way to distract yourself. A book of movie so you can escape your own head for a little it. Best of luck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• I'm so sorry that you feel anxious. Home pregnancy tests can be fickle. Can you go in for a blood test?

until then, try to keep yourself distracted! Plan a family outing for the weekend, get coffee with a close friend, try a new recipe, or go see a movie with your family. I hope things become more clear soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My SIL had a MC prior to my niece and knew about my previous MC.  She's been my best confidant about all things baby related.  It has really helped talking to someone close to me about my anxiety.  Perhaps you have a friend that has gone through similar situation that you could discuss more intimately with?  (Who can give you a real hug instead of just a virtual one...)

That said, I've been trying to distract myself.  My MC was at 6 wks in Mar last year.  I'm very nervous that I'll repeat history, so I'm trying to relax (Which is better for baby) and let things happen as they may.  Remember the Serenity Prayer... strength to change what you can, accept what you can't, 
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: