October 2015 Moms

Leaking milk not breastfeeding

so today I came home from my grandfathers birthday and noticed lo has a stain on his shirt and thought he just spit up on it and got him ready for bed etc. when I went to the bathroom and was washing my hands I noticed that my right boob was all wet and my entire bra was wet... Not soaked just damp you could see it. So I figured this was where los stain came from while I was holding him. Nothing spilled on me so I think it is coming from my boob. Is this possible to leak again? It wasn't watery it was more oily.I have not breastfed since lo was 1 1/2 months he's will be 4 months next week. I'm so weirded out I didn't think that could happen.

Re: Leaking milk not breastfeeding

• My friend stopped breastfeeding 8 months ago and said she randomly has leaks. So maybe it's normal? I'm still breastfeeding so I don't have personal experience to share!
  • I bf'd my son for 12 months, and up to about a YEAR (!!) after I stopped, I would sometimes have a small amount of leaking.  Usually noticed it in the shower.  Totally normal, no need for concern!