February 2016 Moms

Overdue Check In - Weekend Edition

edited February 2016 in February 2016 Moms
How far along are you?
How are you feeling?
Eviction plans?
What are you doing to pass the time?

Edit - Add some happy pictures of what you're doing these days, if you want! Or cranky pictures. That's cool here too. 
*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Overdue Check In - Weekend Edition

• edited February 2016
    I needed to post to remind myself that I'm not alone! Hope somebody else can commiserate!

41+3 (quickly approaching the record for my latest child!)  ;)

I'm feeling pretty well, physically. Every day is different, and today is a good one with very little pelvic pain!  Emotionally, I go back and forth between being excited to know that this baby will be here within the next 4 days, no matter what, and being scared of a possible induction. Trying to stay positive that just because my first baby's induction was bad, this one doesn't have to be! 

I haven't talked to the dr specifically about dates or methods for induction, but I know we've agreed that 42 weeks is the longest we want to wait. So, I guess I'll give him a call on Tuesday if it rolls around and we have no baby!

I have sewn a few little projects in the last week (basinet sheets, changing pad covers, and a shower curtain that I procrastinated for a YEAR because I was afraid of one step that I'd never done before.) I've been baking a lot, too. Other than that, just the norm!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 41+1
    How are you feeling? Overall I'm just emotional. Things have been sort of a rollercoaster lately but I have to focus on the positive. I was almost induced last night but am now being given a non-stress test today instead. The last one (yesterday) didn't go as well as the doctor would like to see so we are doing it again.  If the test doesn't go as well as they would like I will be induced tonight. 
    Eviction plans? Unfortunately plans are set for tomorrow, Saturday 2/20 @ 6:30pm.  I had a membrane sweep for the second time yesterday. I'm still hoping I go into labor naturally before I have to be induced. 
    What are you doing to pass the time? Researching induction, which I probably shouldn't be doing because it just makes me more nervous and emotional. I'm also watching movies and trying to rest. A few days ago I tried almost everything to naturally induce labor and nothing was successful. Now as a result I'm extremely sore especially due to doing over 60 squats and walking 3+ miles. 

Fingers crossed for all the ladies on this post. Hopefully we will start labor naturally and get to meet our happy and healthy babies soon. 
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• How far along are you?
    40 weeks, 3 days

How are you feeling?
    Great, physically. OK mentally. I'm trying to stay relaxed. The midwife says staying calm and relaxed helps convince babies it's time.

Eviction plans?
    For now I'm sticking to membrane sweeps every couple of days. Ouch. This wasn't even possible until after my due date because I wasn't at all dilated! Now I'm 1 cm, so at least there's a tiny bit of progress. It seems baby just isn't ready yet. I probably won't do anything else to induce before 42 weeks.

What are you doing to pass the time? 
    Cooking, baking, several acupuncture and midwife appointments, naps, cat snuggles, trips to the market for groceries (which are epic energy expenditures these days), walking, Netflix...there's plenty to keep me occupied. I move so slowly it all takes forever and eats the days right up.
  • @xkberx Let us know how the NST goes.  Good luck tonight if you do start the induction process! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm 41 + 3 today. I don't have any eviction plans. I'm feeling pretty darn good both physically and mentally. Just ready to finally meet LO. I have been doing daily house upkeep, getting rid of old clothes, etc., just taking it easy in general.

DS (2.29.16) via Homebirth

~ Proverbs 22:6 ~

• @MississippiCatfish no worries, you are so not alone lol

How far along are you? 41+4

How are you feeling? Tossed between worried about induction (which is set for tuesday) and happy that baby will be here in another 4 nights (maybe 5). Had a NST done yesterday which was all good, and going back in tomorrowmorning for another check up and then wait till tuesday unless that full moon does something :)

Eviction plans? As stated above lol

What are you doing to pass the time? Trying to rest as much as possible (got a 3,5 yo girl), cleaning last things (for the 300000th time) and that's basically it. Waiting and watching tellie.

• @MississippiCatfish ...that ice castle place looks so cool. And your shower curtain came out great. Been wanting to replace ours but I'm too lazy to even go buy one. Hopefully that baby of yours will be coming soon. I can't imagine how ready you must feel. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and feel over due now! Good luck! 

• How far along are you? - 40 weeks, today is my due date.
    How are you feeling? Physically I am great, don't feel any different. Mentally I am just annoyed at always being asked if the baby is here yet, obviously she isn't so leave me alone..
    Eviction plans - I had my first stretch and sweep done today, 1.5 cms dilated though my cervix is still posterior, still quite firm and is 2 centimetres. I am having a stretch and sweep every 3 days from now.
    What are you doing to pass the time? - studying for my teaching degree, much better than just sitting and waiting
  • @MississippiCatfish NST went well today so I won't go in for the induction until tomorrow night. 
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• C'mon baby @xKBERx! Tonight is your night!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• FTM 40 weeks and 5 days along. 

Induction is scheduled for today at 4. I have been relatively calm throughout the whole pregnancy, but am in denial now. I can't wrap my head around it, or else I'm going to lose my mind. So instead of resting like I should have been doing, I have been manically cleaning. 
  • Good luck @vjraab hope u will hold a healthy baby soon! 
  • Good luck @vjraab!

How far along are you? 40+4

How are you feeling? I'm doing ok.  Just sick of waking up to daily messages asking if I've had the baby yet.  I appreciate the concern, but it just ends up serving as a constant reminder that I haven't.  And then I have to explain that i'm past due, getting induced, yes I felt ok, yes I'm ready, yes I'll enjoy this sleep now before baby comes (sage advice to a woman who is trying to get comfortable with a full grown baby in her. Sleep comes sooo easily.)

Eviction plans? My induction is scheduled Tuesday 2/23 am.

What are you doing to pass the time? H and I are going to the movies today, and otherwise I've just been reading, cleaning, and watching bad reality tv.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @acuteangles I get really really annoyed with the "is baby here yet?" comments from friends/family/coworkers. Don't you think I would've told you or posted something if she was?? 

• @VitaLuna exactly!  And if I haven't posted or told you, but baby is here, obviously I'm not ready to share, so you still shouldn't ask! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • And: 'how are you feeling?' = the most obnoxious way of passively asking whether I'm in labor and just haven't mentioned it yet.  :| Hating all people who text or call me right now. I feel like they're trying to log in to check my status like I'm Facebook--and eff that. I'm not a social media channel. Nor have I somehow missed the advice of walking, sex, and spicy food. 'Thanks so much for the tip! I haven't even considered those activities yet!'
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • In a few hours, I'll be 40 + 1. 

Eviction date set for March 4th (somebody tell me why again I thought I'd try to hold so tightly to my med-free birth plan and not schedule one for 2 more weeks?!??!? Ugh) 

I am so freaking sick and tired of people asking me or telling me that we need to have sex in order to get baby to come. Especially asking about that or nipple stimulation on facebook. Uh, really, you don't need to know that, and neither do I want to TELL you in such a public (or private!) manner. 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • @MississippiCatfish I was so excited to see your birth story/announcement! Congrats!

• first off... Congrats @MississippiCatfish on the birth of your babyboy!!

I will be 41 weeks and 6 days as of tomorrow and induction is sceduled for tuesdaymorning. As it is aproaching rather fast now i am getting the jitters lol. I want to meet this babyboy so badly but did NOT want to be induced this time around. I know this induction doesn't necessarily have to be the same as the one i had with my DD but i am not looking forward to spending another 3 days in the hospital!! Any positive vibes for getting my labor to start naturally tomorrow some time would be much apreciated...
  • @kimw1980 FXed for you. We do have the full moon tomorrow... 
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • Thanks @vitaluna and @kimw1980

I'm sending all my birthy vibes your way, Kim!! Best of luck! Hoping that labor gets jump started all on its own. You are a rockstar mom for making it to 41+6, too!!
    Pregnancy Ticker